Diablo® III

Wat do?

So I hit 60 a couple days ago and since then I've been trying to play some AH3. I was told for MP10 these stats are a requirement: 800 AR, 4k Armor, 150k DPS, 60k HP, 45CC, 375CD. So far I can do MP5 pretty comfortably, as soon as I start going up I have to pay more attention and move around more which I don't want to be doing as I'll have to keep re-casting CoB and keep relying on a bunch of my skills. I'm wondering what else would I need to work on so I can just face tank anything on MP8+? or am I just !@#$ty at playing this class?

Current stats:

DPS - 173,776.83
EHP - 561,494.38
APS - 1.777
AS% - 27%
CC - 46%
CD - 377%
Armour - 3,969
AR - 987.8
MIT - 89.3%
HP - 60,071.58
Mana - 875
LS - 2.8%
HP Regen - 1815.43
Mana Regen - 65
PuR - 7
Reply Quote
It seems like you should be able to do just fine in MP8-10 with that gear. Attack speed is very high though, but if you have no mana issues it is fine. Do you play solo or in a team? Otherwise, I would suggest getting a high LS skorn. It would help both mana management and survivability. They can be had for same or lower cost of a 1hand/mojo setup for similar dps. It also helps facetank as the LS is double that over a 1hand setup.

You definitely don't want to run out of mana in a CoB build, since no mana means no health return.

As for skills, correct use of frieghtening aspect is good to get down, as well as spirit walk. I think using both together at the same time in most instances is overkill so try not to overlap their usage as much as possible. I find it best to hit frightening aspect before running into a mob, as it will help with the "wind up" period of CoB health returns.

"Not moving" in any elite affix combination may require more mit if you are running solo. However, lowering your attack speed/more mana regen could help you have more mana to move and restart CoB.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 03:05 PMPosted by NamesLucky
It seems like you should be able to do just fine in MP8-10 with that gear. Attack speed is very high though, but if you have no mana issues it is fine. Do you play solo or in a team? Otherwise, I would suggest getting a high LS skorn. It would help both mana management and survivability. They can be had for same or lower cost of a 1hand/mojo setup for similar dps. It also helps facetank as the LS is double that over a 1hand setup.

Yeah I agree my AS is really high for a WD, I brought over w/e I had in my stash, mostly old Wiz items, so I'm trying to get a bunch of them replaced as I go along.

I've been reading a lot about the Skorn vs 1h/mojo and it seems pretty split on the forum. I really wish someone could lend me their Skorn so I could test before I buy. I was comparing price vs gains on AH earlier, and I seem to lose over 10k DPS and HP for 1300/150CD/5.5LS Skorns that are in the 700M+ range. I should mention my sword I bought for 25M and mojo for 100M, so in that sense I'd be loosing a ton of gold for more LS.

Also thx for that skill usage tip, will definitely do that.
Edited by muz#1471 on 6/12/2013 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got mine for 250m. Just gotta be on the look out for good ones! I just got it last week too, after the gold dupe fiasco
Reply Quote
You seem to have more than enough ehp for high mp levels. It is important to get used to keeping frightening aspect and spirit walk up at the right times at high mp levels.

For the Skorn vs 1h/mojo debate, I have tried both (see the skorn on my wizard) i find that the 1h/mojo gives me a lot more ehp with similar sheet dmg as the skorn. In terms of mana usage, i dont really have any problems with 1.51 aps 1h/mojo i would go higher though lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]