Diablo® III

Major concern about the console version...

I never played the Diablo series until Diablo 3. I must say, I loved it from day 1 and it's one of my favorite games of all time. I must admit that I used the AH and it ruined the game for me (didn't know how hard it would be to find something better than what I bought on the AH as this was all new to me). I know there will be no AH on the console version of the game and that's great news to me (because I wish I never used the AH), but I have one concern. Without an AH, the players really need an increase in the Gem drop rate as well as Thomes of Secrets. Since day one, I've always invested my time and gold into crafting Gems. It's been over a year since I've started playing the game and I'm almost at 1,000 hrs and I've made several purchases from the AH to buy hundreds of Gems and thousands of Thomes (I've also traded other Gems for Rubies and I've been given Rubies as well) and I still don't have enough to convert them into Marquise Gems without having to replace the empty sockets with a Flawless Square. I've never sold any Rubies and still need a lot to get to the highest quality.

My brother and I played this game a lot, and during the first month of release he suggested that they should create a new Gem that would increase Gem find. Sounds good to me, what does everyone else think? Anyone here have top tier Gems without buying some from the AH?
Reply Quote
It has been confirmed that the console versions will be adopting an altered loot drop system that offers less quantity of items but more quality (this will also eventually come to the PC iteration). I'd say it's safe to assume that this will apply to gems and mats as well.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
As DamienJohn said, loot is very different in the console version.

Honestly I wouldn't be comparing any of the PC drop rates to the console versions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]