Diablo® III

I Am Terrible

Complete noob here. I just barely beat Act I hell last night. I died like 4 times.

Honestly, I just bought this game a few weeks ago. I really like playing it, but I am not very good at all.

Stupid questions:

(1) Last night everyone I played with was WAY faster than me. I couldn't even keep up. I have some boots that give me a bonus to movement speed, but how is it that people move so fast?

(2) Honestly, how do you get so much gold? Until now, I have just been crafting my items at the blacksmith, but I got on the auction house for the first time last night to try to find something "better." Honestly, I think the cheapest thing I could find that was a major improvement was like 200,000K , which is pretty much all the gold I have anyway. How do you get millions of gold in this game?

(3) I am thinking my build is all wrong? Let me know.

I know my character sucks so any additional advice would be appreciated.

Best.
Reply Quote
hit me up when you hit 60, i love to gear complete newbie, i will build you a mid mp WD with my gold.
Reply Quote
Hang in there. It's really early and you'll be fine. Practice makes perfect.

First of all, change your helm gem to a Ruby. It's early, so the experience boost is much more helpful than magic find. Even an Amethyst (for the extra life) is more beneficial.

Another thing - if you're going for a Thorns doc, great. But it's still a little early for that too. Right now, choose your slots based on getting through Hell. Once you start getting better equipment, then switch over. But for now, I would suggest changing Fierce Loyalty and Zombie Handler (Jungle Fortitude, Pierce the Veil, Gruesome Feast) and Wall of Zombies and possibly Hex (Spirit Walk and another of your choice.) I'm not a fan of Corpse Spiders, but if you like them that's what counts.

As for gold, just keep farming and hopefully you'll find that one item that sells for a lot on the AH. That's what did it for me. You're also early enough where you can still find equipment that will help you.

I'm only a level 22 doc still on normal and plan on switching to a Thorns build once I hit 60. But here is my guy, at least for now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/freedjr-1531/hero/32656793

Good luck but most importantly, have fun! It's still early, so play around with different skills to see what you like.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/12/2013 10:31 AMPosted by pBeybq
hit me up when you hit 60, i love to gear complete newbie, i will build you a mid mp WD with my gold.

pBeybq, i'm terrible too...really really terrible. You think maybe you can help me out a little with your gold too?
Reply Quote
Thanks, guys. I will work freedjr suggested for a bit and then I will hit you up, pBeybq, when I turn 60.

Thanks much for the responses.

Best.
Reply Quote
To answer your question about movement speed; the maximum amount of movement speed that can roll on a single item is 12% and i see your boots are one percent lower. Also there are other items in game that can increase your movement speed by an additional 12%. The cap is 24% i believe so there is no reason to stack beyond that.

Also, i know gear can be a concern early on in game but my best advice would be to level and save money. Get to inferno as fast as possible and manipulate your build more than anything.

A couple things i can suggest are using Spirit Walk with Jaunt or Honored Guest and using Soul Harvest With Siphon or Vengeful Spirit. These two abilities add a lot to survivability as well as dps. Also i would recommend using Jungle Fortitude or Grave Injustice Rather than Fierce Loyalty.

Anyways hope some of this helps!

Happy Lvling
Reply Quote
everyone buys gold, some people will claim they don't, and maybe some really don't. but the majority have all bought gold. it's like $2.7 for 100m now. very very cheap and it will save you hours upon hours of grinding. my best advice is to spend 5 bucks, get 200m and buy a bunch of big upgrades. it should be enough to get you to 100k dps. then you can start farming demonic essences for the big crafting upgrades.
Reply Quote
Speed= 25% max but don't waste more than two items for total of 24%
some classes have boost and some have teleports etc. so depending on the class that is why they can go so fast. also they probably have more experience of the game so they know how to move around it.

gold- wait until youre 60 with MP bonuses, NV bonuses etc. once you can farm mp0-10 youll see big drops. esply when your paragon gets high. also if you cant kill efficiently to farm gold in inferno then drop down to Hell mp10 or whatever mp is efficient. you wont see a lot of gold at first until you are 60 and farming inferno mp with high paragon. just give it time and youll start bringing in the gold. gold is also cheap on the RMAH if you want to do that too.

things seem slow and sucking at first but as you play and gather better gear youll see huge improvements. good luck.
Reply Quote
My suggestion, FInd a 2H weapon with a reduced level requirement. You should be able to find something with 800-900 dps pretty cheap, you will then be able to face roll your way to inferno.
Reply Quote
OP, follow what the above post said, search for level 60 items with reduce level requirement of 6 or more; Proceed to slay demons.
Reply Quote
You have come to the right place OP (original person/the one who started thread). These forums are a great tool to help improve your diablo3 skills. Also just ask for help In trade or general chat. There are many helpful, kind players willing to lend you some of thier time and resources. I am one of them too. Just ignore the mean players tho.

When I comes to building d3 heros weapons are always key. A good weapon = a good hero. Once u get to a higher lvl don't forget to stack armor (any strenght stat on gear Is a 1 for 1 fo WD) and All resists whenever possible. Also dont give up tons of vitality jus to get loads of dmg.
Reply Quote
Couple General tips for gearing a WD.

#1. And most important. Increased attack speed (IAS) is BAD! too much IAS on your gear will run you out of mana in a hurry. Out of mana = dead doc. Pick a slow weapon. One handed spear or mace. Last resort an axe. OR Get yourself a Skorn (legendary 2 handed ax that has nice stat)

#2. Zuni set is a must for all docs.

Another tip that goes for all heros.

#1. The bread and butter for high damage in diablo 3 is having gear with critical hit chance(CC) and critical hit damage (CD). start with the CC and then add CD. The higher your CC, the more effective your CD will be.

#2. Average damage stats. Lots of items have Average damge stat on them, rings and amulets inparticular. This greatly Increases your damage (DPS)
Reply Quote
Couple General tips for gearing a WD.

#1. And most important. Increased attack speed (IAS) is BAD! too much IAS on your gear will run you out of mana in a hurry. Out of mana = dead doc. Pick a slow weapon. One handed spear or mace. Last resort an axe. OR Get yourself a Skorn (legendary 2 handed ax that has nice stat)

#2. Zuni set is a must for all docs.

Another tip that goes for all heros.

#1. The bread and butter for high damage in diablo 3 is having gear with critical hit chance(CC) and critical hit damage (CD). start with the CC and then add CD. The higher your CC, the more effective your CD will be.

#2. Average damage stats. Lots of items have Average damge stat on them, rings and amulets inparticular. This greatly Increases your damage (DPS)

#1 wrong

#2 wrong

#3 some builds go with cc/ias pairing if you are not that rich, eg. cm wiz, ww barbs. so yea

#4 true and obviously
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]