Diablo® III

Tyrael is So Evil (SPOILERS)

New to Diablo III. In my opinion, greatest game ever, BTW.

However, I just wanted to put out my two cents here on the story. I know a lot of people complain about the story, but I am predicting Blizz is going to drop a bomb on us in the expansion.

Honestly, an angel falls from the sky and his sword breaks, but that causes all sorts of destruction and mayhem? Really, Tyrael falling from the sky causes a plague to rip apart New Tristram -- decimating the town and turning the dead into zombies?

There appears to be A LOT of fore-shadowing going on in this game. Zoltan tells us that Adria and Tyrael are just "using us" -- which, turns out at least in part to be true. Diablo restrains from killing Tyrael when he has the chance.

Go back and watch the ending cinematic and look at Tyrael's eyes just as the light first hits them. Is it just me, or is there a "glimmer" of some dark shadow?

Sorry folks, but this is NOT the arch angel Tyrael as we were led to believe. We still have not received a sufficient answer to exactly what happened at the destruction of the Worldstone. We have not seen Tyrael's REAL version of the events yet.

As Blizzard starts getting geared up to announce the expansion, I expect we will learn more of this in bits and pieces. But, one thing is certain, Tyrael is not who he says he is -- that much as this point is clear.
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 12:31 PMPosted by LordSauron
New to Diablo III. In my opinion, greatest game ever, BTW.

Are you new to gaming, too?
Reply Quote
Not new, but this is the first game I have bought in a long time (i.e., several years).
Reply Quote
You must be new here.

Also Tyrael could not fool the other angels if he went back as a fallen angel masquerading as Tyrael who was actually Baal or Mephisto. They would know.
Reply Quote
Other characters to watch out for would be Imperius and Malthael. That's where the foreshadowing seems to be pointing, I would have thought.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlkvO6NLnI

And whose place among the Angiris Council did Tyrael take?
Reply Quote
You must be new here.

Also Tyrael could not fool the other angels if he went back as a fallen angel masquerading as Tyrael who was actually Baal or Mephisto. They would know.

Would they? I expect we will find out soon enough and I might be wrong. But, I played the game through and actually listened to all those little books I found. there seem to be a lot of "hints" that Tyrael is not who he says he is, or that his motives are not entirely just and pure.

Again, I could be wrong, but we will see.

And, yes, I am new to this game.
Reply Quote
10/10

this is a good read about Justice is evil. It's sarcastically funny.
Reply Quote
As an attorney myself, I can tell you that justice without mercy is, in my opinion, evil.
Reply Quote
I'd prefer to think that Adria wasn't willingly turning to the side of the Hells. Or, if she was... that it was part of something larger.

Because otherwise it just seems like a cheap betrayal to get us to Heaven and Fighting Diablo. Maximum Hollywood effect...

What do you think?
Reply Quote
I'd prefer to think that Adria wasn't willingly turning to the side of the Hells. Or, if she was... that it was part of something larger.

Because otherwise it just seems like a cheap betrayal to get us to Heaven and Fighting Diablo. Maximum Hollywood effect...

What do you think?

I think it is far too coincidental. I think there is more to the story that has given us a false perspective of the truth. And, I think that Tyrael is the lynchpin -- all of the events that have happened have revolved around him.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Reply Quote
Nope.

It will be Imperius and Malthael probably.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Malthael

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Imperius
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 12:47 PMPosted by LordSauron
As an attorney myself, I can tell you that justice without mercy is, in my opinion, evil.

What area do you practice in? Also, I suppose that depends on what you consider "justice." "Justice" and "evil" are subjective, philosophical classifications, in my opinion. If you mean that the wholesale application of the law, without the temperance of mercy, can seem unduly harsh, I'd be inclined to agree. That's why, although they are no longer separated into two different courts (except for US Bankruptcy Court) in the U.S., we still retain notions of both law and equity, as you no doubt know.
Edited by Exile#1863 on 6/13/2013 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Exile

What area do you practice in? Also, I suppose that depends on what you consider "justice." "Justice" and "evil" are subjective, philosophical classifications, in my opinion. If you mean that the wholesale application of the law, without the temperance of mercy, can seem unduly harsh, I'd be inclined to agree. That's why, although they are no longer separated into two different courts (except for US Bankruptcy Court) in the U.S., we still retain notions of both law and equity, as you no doubt know.

International tax and finance -- including nonprofits and trusts.

I, indeed, mean the wholesale application of the law. In my opinion, equitable remedies (as a whole) are overly lacking in American jurisprudence.
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 01:12 PMPosted by LordSauron
International tax and finance -- including nonprofits and trusts.

Oof, good for you, but too fancy for me. Numbers - especially tax, finance, and accounting principles - make my head hurt.
Reply Quote
All the angels except Tyrael will go evil.

Tyrael was the only "angel" that was not affected when diablo began corrupting their giant crystal that is definitely not the same as a tree of life. There.
Reply Quote
Did you see the story of Dibalo 2 at all? I just don't see Tyreal being your guy... but if he was that would be interesting I guess.

I think it will be Imperius but who knows. He seemed to blame the hero for everything that happened and doesn't seem to be a fan of nephalem.
Reply Quote
Possible spin, but i doubt the story writers......or writer...........or......well could be that deep.

Just hope it just doesn't become Twilight. Then we will be " thankful! "
Reply Quote
I'm not sure I would invest a lot of time trying to figure out the plots of the story in this game.

Remember these are the same guys that wrote lines like:

Templar: Do you believe in the afterlife?

My wiz: My sources tell me no

All while we are fighting ghosts and skeletons

ummm

Ghosts and zombies don't actually point to an afterlife. If anything it more points to the soul being trapped in the body after death, so no afterlife.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]