Diablo® III

Tyrael is So Evil (SPOILERS)

Diablo not killing Tyrael was probably one of the biggest ... story issues.

I mean what the hell. He is helpless, why not finish him off?
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 01:31 PMPosted by CrniVuk
I mean what the hell. He is helpless, why not finish him off?

Perhaps a similar reason to why they didn't want to kill Diablo in the Wrath Trailer? (In the angel's case, the Crystal Arch)
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 01:39 PMPosted by nekkra
Also the conversation gets better

For a moment, I thought your username read 'nitpick'.

My mistake.
Reply Quote
He has you all fooled- the true evil in Tristram, since Diablo 1, is Wirt!

Really, we have so many other characters to worry about, why would it be Tyreal?

Leoric (aka The Skeleton King) keeps coming back (as does the Butcher), but where are Lazarus (who is shown executing Leoric's wife, despite Leoric having an executioner named Headcleaver), and Lachdanan? And where did Adria go to?

In my opinion, Covetous Shen is all set to help us in the next installment (as he prepares to return to the Angris council), and there is no better mastermind behind all of this than the boy who sacrificed his leg when he first entered the Cathedral so many years ago- Wirt is back, and he wants vengeance!

Also, I would say that Leah was about as evil as Albrecht- Diablo would much rather corrupt an innocent vessel than one that is already evil.
Reply Quote
Remember these are the same guys that wrote lines like:

Templar: Do you believe in the afterlife?

My wiz: My sources tell me no

All while we are fighting ghosts and skeletons

wow, I just ... wow
Reply Quote
An angel that yerns for Battle?

An angel that stresses you out in Heaven to chase after Diablo... but no direction on where to go.

.... angel of what?
Reply Quote
View profile
Covetous Shen is a very interesting character like hes lieing through his teeth about what he is or why monsters would not attack him etc even as your character calls him a god and hes looking for a certain powerful gem that cant effect him lol.
Edited by DecadoKiller#1616 on 6/13/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 01:45 PMPosted by DragonLight
I know you don't try to troll us. But if u played D1 and D2 u would know that tyral was always good and try to protect the human race from evil. Tyral fallen is an amen. Look at the 1st movie act 1. U know why he fall. The other angels are evil but he isn't.

Again, no offense, but I have played DI and DII very extensively back in the day and, no, I did not "trust" Tyrael even back then.

Tyrael clearly seems to have his own agenda and always has...the destruction of the Worldstone being an entirely controversial and largely unilateral decision.

As I said, I may be dead wrong, but I am willing to bet I am not. I really do not believe Tyrael is exactly who he says he is.
Reply Quote
Other characters to watch out for would be Imperius and Malthael. That's where the foreshadowing seems to be pointing, I would have thought.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlkvO6NLnI

And whose place among the Angiris Council did Tyrael take?

This guy beat me to the video.... It is imperius that is the bad guy and he is also the only "angle" with "crimson wings"
Reply Quote

Again, no offense, but I have played DI and DII very extensively back in the day and, no, I did not "trust" Tyrael even back then.

Tyrael clearly seems to have his own agenda and always has...the destruction of the Worldstone being an entirely controversial and largely unilateral decision.

As I said, I may be dead wrong, but I am willing to bet I am not. I really do not believe Tyrael is exactly who he says he is.

Also, have you guys seen all the money they've invested in Tyrael stuff over at blizzard, for E3 and other events? I'm not the most knowledgeable in terms of Diablo history, but could really see Tyrael be next in line.
Reply Quote
It was the Lich King!
Reply Quote
My hope would be the writers throw us a curve and actually have the story have Belial live up to his "Lord of Lies" reputation and play us all for fools switching out Tyreal for himself to be the aspect of wisdom(The Belial we fought in Act 2 was a general of his), but the story is most likely going to be focused on Adria, Imperius, and Malthael. I just hope the story in the expansion isn't as boring and predictable as this story was.
Edited by Mertz#1128 on 6/14/2013 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I seem to recall that Baal had tainted the worldstone. The reason why Tyreal decided to destroy it in the first place. Could it not then have concievably affected Tyreal in some way?
Reply Quote

As Blizzard starts getting geared up to announce the expansion, I expect we will learn more of this in bits and pieces. But, one thing is certain, Tyrael is not who he says he is -- that much as this point is clear.

Tyrael could have a master plan that includes both the elimination of Hell and Sanctuary. His reason for voting against the elimination of mankind in the Angiris Counsel might have simply been his assessment of the fact that humans would have allied with demons and defeated the angels. Maybe he knew that the Prime Evils would need to be completely defeated first. From the moment that he fell to Earth, he might have known exactly how things would turn out (waking the dead, the battles against Belial and Asmodan, and the emergence and defeat of the Prime Evil). With the leadship of Hell shattered and humans allied with the angels, we would be much more vulnerable. Tyrael also could have predicted that the angels (especially Imperious) would be mad at humanity after the whole ordeal ended, and that their next step would be to destroy Sanctuary. In the expansion, it might be Tyrael that is advocating the elimination of humanity, and it could be Imperious that sees the error in his ways and wants to help us.
Reply Quote
Tyrael: Not just any angel. I was the archangel of Justice. My fall awoke the vengeful dead who were slain unjustly during Diablo's reign of Terror.

There was nothing I could do. As my power left my body, I had absolutely no control over it.
Reply Quote
What you say is impossible, but I have a feeling you don't know the Lore in depth. See....this dude Anu was everything and he decided to cast away all evil from himself. The evil manifested as Tathamet and they had to fight for millenia and finally concluded the fight by destroying each other. The angels were spawned from everything that was good (Anu) and the demons everything bad (Tathamet).

Now you may bring forth Innarius and Lilith, but they were like neutral. And ofc there can be neutrality in good, as absolutisms are impossible.
They used the worldstone ( remaining eye of Anu, after the battle that destroyed it ), they created the world of Sanctuary. Now I feel Tyrael was a sympathizer of those Inna and Lilith couple, and he felt his responsibility as Judgment incarnate was to protect the humans (innocent - because they are neither good or evil compared to angels and demons, they are neutrals.)

I personally don't like Tyarel for going rouge on the angels, and I like Kulle. Now that guy was a true champion of the human race, and with him as a leader humanity could have become better than angels or demons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]