Diablo® III

Tyrael is So Evil (SPOILERS)

90 Goblin Mage
06/13/2013 12:47 PMPosted by LordSauron
As an attorney myself, I can tell you that justice without mercy is, in my opinion, evil.

Well, then, you also know that the law is often not at all about justice.
Reply Quote
There appears to be A LOT of fore-shadowing going on in this game. Zoltan tells us that Adria and Tyrael are just "using us" -- which, turns out at least in part to be true. Diablo restrains from killing Tyrael when he has the chance. Go back and watch the ending cinematic and look at Tyrael's eyes just as the light first hits them. Is it just me, or is there a "glimmer" of some dark shadow?Sorry folks, but this is NOT the arch angel Tyrael as we were led to believe. We still have not received a sufficient answer to exactly what happened at the destruction of the Worldstone. We have not seen Tyrael's REAL version of the events yet.As Blizzard starts getting geared up to announce the expansion, I expect we will learn more of this in bits and pieces. But, one thing is certain, Tyrael is not who he says he is -- that much as this point is clear.

Welcome to the greatest game ever :) I share your love for the game and dont let the haters bring you down, hehe.

I like this, this is very interesting.
but from what i've been gathering over the years and the lore.
this is what i think happens.

But in a way, Tyreal is already using us. He wants the Lords of Hell dead, using us to do the dirty work.

Tyreal is not an ArchAngel anymore... he's Human... Nephalem...
He is more powerful now than he was as an Arch Angel perhaps.

It was explained that when Tyreal fell, all who were kill injustly rose up as zombies and skeletons, under the power of the Black King, who, was rather executed more than trialed for his crimes...
And i beleive that his people were also bound to him by dark magic, they would obey him in life, and in death.
Reply Quote
Tyrael: Not just any angel. I was the archangel of Justice. My fall awoke the vengeful dead who were slain unjustly during Diablo's reign of Terror.

There was nothing I could do. As my power left my body, I had absolutely no control over it.

This
Reply Quote
I'm not sure I would invest a lot of time trying to figure out the plots of the story in this game.

Remember these are the same guys that wrote lines like:

Templar: Do you believe in the afterlife?

My wiz: My sources tell me no

All while we are fighting ghosts and skeletons

ummm

HA! I'm glad I'm not the only person who found this line absolutely retarded.
Reply Quote
AHHHHHHHOLY!@#$! My mind is spinning now.

Adria. Is. BAAL.
Reply Quote
nice story OP.
Reply Quote
Really nice and creative but like other mentionned, imperius would've known.
Reply Quote
Tyreal is not an ArchAngel anymore... he's Human... Nephalem...
He is more powerful now than he was as an Arch Angel perhaps.

I haven't been playing for a long time now, but where did the game say that Tyrael became human?
I believe that he became mortal but not human.

Nephalems and human resulted as offsprings of angels and demons if you follow the lore. Also, it doesn't also mean that all nephalem are stronger than angels and demons - they have greater potential.

I also am not siding with the Tyrael is good/evil, but a few things that has been bugging me though:
1) Inarius and Uldyssian were able to manipulate the worldstone. Baal was able to do as well (when he is corrupting it). Couldn't Tyrael have fixed it instead of destroying it.
2) Tyrael's lieutenant (Izual i think), tricked Tyrael about the soul stones. Adria also tricked Tyrael in D3 .... for an archangel, Tyrael is pretty stu... errr trickable don't you think? And he claims the post of archangel of wisdom after d3.
Edited by Igme#1669 on 7/19/2013 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hmm....diablo fell and at the end the last bit of fracture that looks like a soulstone didn't evaporate.

I doubt Blizzard's writers will go into that depth in terms of story to make this whole lore thingy a deceive in that Tyrael as we see in D3 was not he himself or some sort of twist in plot. But since the theme of lore for D3 are all about deceiving, who knows?

Blizz mentioned there would definitely be 2 expansion for D3, but it would be after wow's next expansion and SC2: LotV. so we're looking at post 2014.

Anyway, with the level of blizzard's writers in general (judging from how they retcon stories since last centuries), I would say the twist will more likely come from Malthael, the previous aspect of Wisdom and Imperius. Why? Malthael has gone mad before the lore of D3, and his weapon makes him looks like grim reaper (in the pre D3 anime by the Korean artist), is it a sign? perhaps? And for Imperius, Diablo told him, we, are the same, and you know it, and that provoked Imperius into enormous rage before Tyrael and other angels came to save his !@#$, In blizzard's story, there will always be a highly intelligent villain who calculated most of the upcoming events (Mengsk, Diablo, leader of the hybrids in SC2, Old gods..etc), the time bomb in the good sides that rage a lot, screwing things up (garrosh, current alliance' king, Kerrigan, Imperius) and a good guys main character that is willing to go against odds for what he think is right (Jim Raynor, Tyrael, Thrall). See the trend here? what we're missing in terms of Blizzard's general lore here are Imperius, the rage dude in D3. (he raged even more than the devils.)

Malthael may have gone crazy like Sargeras, seeing how the light and darkness will always be at a balance, regardless how many cycle of battle, and succumbed to the other side believing the world belonged to chaos.

In my humble opinion and experiences I fully believe that 2 aspects is where all the shadow plots for future expansion lies.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
the reason why diablo are not killing the aspects themselves is because they're opposing forces, only way for one side to win over the other side is for them to kill the very essence of the side, in angels' side,, it's the Crystal Arch, as for the darkness side, each lord of hell has their own soul stone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ya everytime I played through Blood and Sand I would felt that if it was me I woulda have accept his offer and pwn the snap outta heaven and hell to rebuild nephalem.
Reply Quote
1) Inarius and Uldyssian were able to manipulate the worldstone. Baal was able to do as well (when he is corrupting it). Couldn't Tyrael have fixed it instead of destroying it. 2) Tyrael's lieutenant (Izual i think), tricked Tyrael about the soul stones. Adria also tricked Tyrael in D3 .... for an archangel, Tyrael is pretty stu... errr trickable don't you think? And he claims the post of archangel of wisdom after d3.

1) Uldyssian didnt use the worldstone, he was just a fully formed Nephalem as far as i understood it.
I dont know that the damage that Baal caused to it was reversible...

Or did Tyreal oppose the Worldstone to the core of his being? Maybe it was unjust that the Nephalems powers were dimished, he might've taken advantage of it all and saw the power we held and wanted to release us from our "cage"

2) Adria (Diablo) also tricked Zoltun Kulle into "breaking" Baal's soulstone and most likely mis'informed him aswell through Adria on how to create the flawed Black Soulstone.

..... its still my very strong beleif that everything we are doing... feeling that we are winning... is all an illusion, one created by Diablo himself.

As he said, slain by Imperius in a fit of rage in the Animated Short (available on youtube and maybe on this site aswell...)

..."The trap has been sprung"
Reply Quote
Hold up! What is the OP trying to say? That Tyreal is a villain in all of this? I highly disagree. Being born from the Crystal Arch and also being the physical representation of justice, that all seems highly doubtful. The way I see it, Tyreal is a hero in the lore. When Baal corrupted the Worldstone, Tyreal knew that he alone could not reverse the damage done by Baal. That is why he destroyed it. He had pity and sympathy for the humans who could have been easily destroyed by the Angeris Council. All of that doesn't add up to me. Looking at Justice, it is meant to be done with mercy if possible. Such a thing isn't easily corrupted if it alone presides within one being. If we look at Valor, there isn't as much holding it back from being twisted. You need not intelligence to have Valor but courage and the will to fight back no matter what the situation may be. That can be easily be turned into Wrath. Wrath being using ones power from hatred and pain to wreck chaos amongst those who stands in one being's way. What about Malthael? He disappeared after Tyreal destroyed the Worldstone. Before hand, he was driven into madness and obsession when searching for it. I see him coming into the next expansion as a main villain in this story. Being corrupted, he turns into the very aspect of Death. He even looked the part of Death before. He had black armor, dual wielded sickle blades, and knew how to reflect every attack back at the enemy. Imperius and Maltheal have the greatest potential of being corrupted and being powerful story drivers as evil forces.
Reply Quote
View profile

New to Diablo III. In my opinion, greatest game ever, BTW.

lololol
Reply Quote
View profile

New to Diablo III. In my opinion, greatest game ever, BTW.

lololol

You come to the forums, Lore and Story, pick a well written post, and then proceed to reply this?

Do you suddenly feel better about yourself or something?
Save yourself the trouble next time. Dont bother, please.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
06/13/2013 12:31 PMPosted by LordSauron
Honestly, an angel falls from the sky and his sword breaks, but that causes all sorts of destruction and mayhem? Really, Tyrael falling from the sky causes a plague to rip apart New Tristram -- decimating the town and turning the dead into zombies?

This was said by Tyrael himself: People are turning into undead because I am the aspect of Justice,this people were slain in an injust way. So with my presence, they are reviving.
Reply Quote

lololol

You come to the forums, Lore and Story, pick a well written post, and then proceed to reply this?

Do you suddenly feel better about yourself or something?
Save yourself the trouble next time. Dont bother, please.

It had to be said.
Reply Quote
I dont think the writers are intelligent enough to make Tyrael the villain, they will make Imperius the villain in later expansion, because they are so predictable. And it is gonna suck. Just like all other baddies he is gonna be "Imperius smash, im gonna kill every1".
Reply Quote
All the angels except Tyrael will go evil.

Tyrael was the only "angel" that was not affected when diablo began corrupting their giant crystal that is definitely not the same as a tree of life. There.
the Crystal Arch mite be the source of angelic powers. Thus if it were to be corrupted it would only effect angels. And remember Tyrael isn't an angel because he gave up his wing to side with the Human/Nephalem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]