Diablo® III

HC Deaths due to server failure

View profile
It's impossible to rollback a dead hardcore character. It's not that customer service chooses not to, or sometimes they do for certain people/situations and they don't for others, it's that they cannot. Not will not, but cannot.

Is this why people like Showny and a few others have others log into their account and then stage their own deaths and get Blizzard to roll their account back to dupe their gear?

They CAN and they HAVE.

It just leaves a bad taste in our mouths if we die because of Blizzard's servers with no fault of our own. A LOT of hardcore characters died today because of unstable servers. I personally haven't played at all since the servers have been hilariously wonky over the past week and I will not play until we're actually able to play the game.
Reply Quote
View profile

This, I can understand wanting to have it rolled back IF you realized what was happening and tried to escape. Stupidly continuing to fight when you know that lag could possibly kill your character is irresponsible and not worth even a QQ about it.

They're CM wizards in horrendous lag. They're keeping their cycles up jsut so they don't die. If they try to teleport out, the server will not recognize it and they would've died instantly.

Regardless of policy, what you're saying simply isn't true. It's a choice.

Customer service does not have this option.

Nowhere on their screen is a "rollback hardcore character" button. Nowhere is an "unkill" or "resurrect" button. It simply is not programmed into the game to allow customer service to do that. There is no back door or loophole or bug in the code that will let them do it.

They. Cannot. Bring. You. Back. To. Life.

In order for this to happen, they would have to roll back the entire server, so that every single player gets rolled back. That's the only option they have. And they're not going to do that simply because 3 people died to a large pack of mobs.

Customer service doesn't program the game, they're not developers. They don't have the option unless the developers give them that option, and, guess what, the developers didn't give them that option.

You have no idea what you're talking about. EVERYBODY in HC knows about players that have duped their gear because they staged a phony hack into their account and got rollbacks. We've all seen it on stream. We've all heard the stories. We've all seen 2 identical gear sets.
Edited by GangnamStyle#1502 on 6/15/2013 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
You have no idea what you're talking about. EVERYBODY in HC knows about players that have duped their gear because they staged a phony hack into their account and got rollbacks. We've all seen it on stream. We've all heard the stories. We've all seen 2 identical gear sets.

This right here is why they no longer roll back HC heroes in the event of a compromise. Blizzard really means it when they say there is NO way to get a HC character back under any circumstances. Unstable servers, lag, DCs, are all risks HC players take but all you get from Blizzard if they die is sympathy. At this point, they will never give the character back.
Reply Quote
I love that barb. Lucky guy or a flipping genius. I am leaning towards genius (otherwise he would not have moved away and port to town). Watch the video, he was tacitly/quietly the only one who knew what to do and ran. He was the last man standing! I assume the ones that talked the most on the video were the ones dead.
Reply Quote
me and my friends just died like few minutes ago... was encountering elite group , activated berserker, and BAM , we were both kicked from game and couldn't log in back.. after a minute , my friend was able to enter diablo 3 , and said I am dead , and minute after that, he said that he see in main menu his barb dead too

anyone experience that too ? (eu)

should we stop playing hardcore this week if that a general problem this days?
Edited by JDx#1613 on 6/15/2013 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just played with a friend while we were on Skype and we got a message blizzard disconnection at the same second, unfortunately we both DIED to elites due to that :(

is there any chance blizzard can check this and help us out? it happened 15-20 mins ago
Reply Quote
I had a sudden disconnect earlier today as well whilst in the middle of a game. Could not login for the next hour .... it would get stuck on the account checking screen. Lucky I was on Softcore at that time.
Reply Quote
I just played with a friend while we were on Skype and we got a message blizzard disconnection at the same second, unfortunately we both DIED to elites due to that :(

is there any chance blizzard can check this and help us out? it happened 15-20 mins ago

You can always send in a support ticket, I am sure many today has done so. If its HC then I don't think they can do much to help as already mentioned by the blues on this thread concerning HC character deaths. I really feel for the ones affected by the sudden disconnect which happened today especially if they have level a high paragon character. That was really out of their control IMHO. The ones on the video, I have less sympathy for (as they knew what they were going in for when you encounter large mobs and its affects on lag), but equally unfortunate to have it happen.
Reply Quote
I dont ask for ressurection , I ask to know if its a general problem this days, so I will know not to touch diablo3 this days

actually , another friend said it happend to him today
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
There was an unfortunate server incident today, however the servers are normally pretty stable so if you are careful you are fine. If you are worried, wait a few days and play softcore until you are sure the issue that happened tonight won't happen again any time soon.
Reply Quote
mybe it will be good idea to post some announcment for that,
two of my friends said they quit diablo because of this disconnects.

I mean, if the server had log off our heros 10 secs after the crash, like a normal disconnect , we wouldnt have died. As a hardcore player, you build your hero to last around 10 secs more or less , for randoms disconnects, but no one can anticipate that the server wont log you off after 10 secs.

I really hope they wont quit it, because I play this game because of the social thing
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I agree completely on a personal level that any server maintenance actions should get a timer and announcement! However, I am not a Bliz staff member so don't know the details of the issues today. Normally they DO announce it. Maybe there was a reason they did not have time to announce? Regardless, my sympathy goes to those who lost heroes.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/15/2013 07:48 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I agree completely on a personal level that any server maintenance actions should get a timer and announcement! However, I am not a Bliz staff member so don't know the details of the issues today. Normally they DO announce it. Maybe there was a reason they did not have time to announce? Regardless, my sympathy goes to those who lost heroes.

I read a blue post that said it was a server hardware failure and some server component had to be replaced
Reply Quote
I'm just curious if there is a way (technically) for them to solve lag deaths? I know very little about server side code, etc. but was thinking if either the server or game client stops reporting, could it possibly shield the character and port them to town (aka pally bubble). I imagine this would be exploitable though. Anyways just curious, I'm not sure how the servers and game clients report to each other or if it's at all possible.

I too lost a HC char yesterday to the server lag. Luckily only lvl 32. But it still stung.
Reply Quote
I'm just curious if there is a way (technically) for them to solve lag deaths? I know very little about server side code, etc. but was thinking if either the server or game client stops reporting, could it possibly shield the character and port them to town (aka pally bubble). I imagine this would be exploitable though. Anyways just curious, I'm not sure how the servers and game clients report to each other or if it's at all possible.

I too lost a HC char yesterday to the server lag. Luckily only lvl 32. But it still stung.

if you watch the video in the OP you will see that its not a "disconnect" type of issue. the issue is one that the server just cant handle what it is being asked to do. now whether that is a software related or a physical hardware limitation i dont know. there was a blue posted that did confirm that it was definitely a server side issue though.
Reply Quote
Not related to the OP's problem but I logged in tonight and about 2 minutes in the game crashed and shut down bringing up the log report for blizzard. When I logged back in to see if I survived the game had a patch update that was installed. Not sure why or how this could have caused this but the game has never crashed on me before and if an update can cause this then I am not too happy but my character was only lvl 12 so no biggie. Had I lost a Paragon level character that would have been a different story but I suppose I would get sent home with a cookie and some milk and be told to suck it up... ehh. Not cool.
Reply Quote
Just a moment ago the same problem that jdx and legolas described happened to me. thank god, I was in town when it happand... now I cant log in to battle net.. so lame... Blizzard should really do something about it now.
Reply Quote
just wanted to update that a friend of mine just riped due to the same EXACT problem I described a day ago ( wich then killed me and another friend)

He got message the server disconnect him, and after he tried to log in again he couldnt, got server status down message..

So can any official from blizzard can address this issue ? or half of hardcore heros need to die before? or blizzard mybe isnt responsible for server crashes regarding hardcore players, after all , when you choose to play hardcore you sign an agreement that blizz dont take responsibility for deathes by servers crash..
Reply Quote
forget suing if everyone that has the same problem blzz just will go out of business
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. I wrote a ticket about it and a customer service representative told me that "At this time the biggest cause for lag is going to be so many people signing into World of Warcraft to see the new changes. This tends to happen around a new patch or expansion and will ease over the next few weeks". I put every video settings to the minimum and doesn't change a thing.
Is this the only reason? If so,will this be fix soon? Or should I wait another couple weeks before I come back to play?
P.S. I have my pathping and DxDiag if needed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]