Diablo® III

HC Deaths due to server failure

06/17/2013 11:43 PMPosted by b0dyc0unt
It's very simple,do not play hardcore. Blizzard cannot be relied on for their servers let alone their game. Avoid the aggravation, do not do it.

150% agree here. I can barely play by myself anymore for the lag much less a 4 man party on HC. The servers have SuCkEd since last patch or 2.
Reply Quote
I watched your video and that is some crap. If all of you were experiencing that, then something is wrong on their side.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 09:11 AMPosted by ChewbacSmith
I watched your video and that is some crap. If all of you were experiencing that, then something is wrong on their side.

see this post for blue response http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280998857#3
they beat you to that conclusion.
Reply Quote
Lol. I think I've played with Sanctum or had him on my friendlist.
Reply Quote
The issue with the servers is blizzard is getting ready and preparing for release of D3 on console so they are allocating part of the PC servers to help with that. Blizzard is the cheapest POS company for stuff like this when they are one of the top grossing gaming companies in the world. Its rather pathetic. Blizzard is where its at because of US CLIENTS, yet they don't treat their clientele with the decency and respect that a company of blizzards stature should. Blizzard has become all about the money and not about rewarding their loyal playerbase. Just like in WoW, they reward new members with great benefits while giving people who have had subscriptions for years the shaft. Maybe one day someone high up and blizzard will open their eyes and see the picture.
Reply Quote
I'm another victim of Blizzard's poor quality in both servers & support.
Sending them tracerts & pathpings is just a waste of time & effort. They will blame everyone else except themselves.

I've lost HCs to Blizzard death too. There's no mention on the HC agreement that Blizzard will kill your HC toon is there?
The 3 deaths on the video: they were not in control to be able to portal back to town. You need to watch them more closely. They had almost no control.

Blizzard CAN roll back characters. Its technically easy & they have done it before. Blizzard invented penalties for intentional DC (Starcraft 1) but it wasn't intended to penalize players for Blizzard server caused kills. That's not part of HC gameplay.

The easy & only solution is to avoid Blizzard & their general disregard for players.
I wont be spending any more money on Blizzard.
Reply Quote
not sure why its the players fault if theyre hardcore toon died because of a FAILURE on blizzards end. i just once again lost a hc toon myself just a few minutes a go when the updated the breaking news to say the server would be going down. so im quick sick of the fact that i keep having both sc and hc toons die because blizzard cant keep their servers properly maintained. i also believe that anyone who does have their toon killed in hc because of blizzards FAILURE should get their toon back.
Reply Quote
PandaCheese from this video just lost his para 100 top 5 CM WIZ due to a critical error. He went into festering woods and hit storm armor and his game instantly crashed and his character died before the mobs could be killed. Earlier in the day a wizard buddy was in town and went to put storm armor on and it crashed him. So looks like storm armor must be "working as intended" by blizzard.
Reply Quote
06/28/2013 07:06 AMPosted by Cheezeits
PandaCheese from this video just lost his para 100 top 5 CM WIZ due to a critical error. He went into festering woods and hit storm armor and his game instantly crashed and his character died before the mobs could be killed. Earlier in the day a wizard buddy was in town and went to put storm armor on and it crashed him. So looks like storm armor must be "working as intended" by blizzard.

i had heard something about this recently. the posts i seen suggested that the sound associated with the wizard armor is causing problems.

tbh, its quite possible. the FMOD system they are using is both out of date and bugged.
Reply Quote
Big bummer when this stuff happens. Just happened to my buddy. Screen froze up and I could see his character reads "dead" in his profile. He hasn't even been able to log off. Just one of those things you know is a risk in HC.
Reply Quote
you have already left your money at the cash, beyond this point they just dont care... so suck it up like we all do
Reply Quote
suck it up, haha, we died with more value in gems then your characters are worth combined. You don't understand what it means to actually lose a REAL character yet.
Reply Quote
They won't change it, because then they would have to review every hardcore death to see if it was lag, or a bad player.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]