Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Console FAQ

(Sticky)

74 Gnome Death Knight
I've seen it asked, but I haven't seen an answer...

How is Magic Find calculated for local multiplayer?

Example:
I'm a wizard, and my MF comes to +200%. I'm also the "main" player.
The friend sitting on the couch next to me is a demon hunter, and she's got MF +300%.

Will the drop calculation be based on the sum (doubtful) of our magic find? Only my (main player's) MF value? The average of both players? Or some other function involving one or more of our MF values?

I'd also be interested in knowing what effect, if any, the class makeup has on the items dropping (main stat affixes, weapon classes, etc.) in a local multiplayer game...

Also... "purchase" is spelled with an A, not an I. =)
Reply Quote
18 Blood Elf Warrior
Scoot i mostly play same screen and im pretty sure its the same as if someone joins your game except you can see and grab eachothers loot. you both get your own drop,
Reply Quote
74 Gnome Death Knight
That... didn't answer the question at all...

If I'm playing online multiplayer, my MF affects what drops for me and nobody else. If I'm playing same-screen with someone else, whose MF is used when calculating drops? Both players added up or averaged? Just the first player?
Reply Quote
18 Blood Elf Warrior
niether you both get your own drops that each of your mf calculates
Reply Quote
74 Gnome Death Knight
You're clearly not paying attention. There are shared drops on same-screen multiplayer. The number of items that drops does not multiply by 2x, 3x, or 4x when there are more people playing on the same console.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Scootaloo
You're clearly not paying attention. There are shared drops on same-screen multiplayer. The number of items that drops does not multiply by 2x, 3x, or 4x when there are more people playing on the same console.

I'm about to start playing D3 with my daughter same screen, and I'm curious for this answer myself
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Jellityme
niether you both get your own drops that each of your mf calculates

On same screen you do not get your own separate drops, that's only online
Same screen multiplier is shared loot.
Question is how does MF work in that instance.
Player ones MF, player two? A combo? The higher or lower?
Reply Quote
you do get more drops than others if you play splitscreen, or you do in my experience

no comment as to the quality of the items though

best part about it is that gold is not shared, if you pick up 100g so does your daughter so gold drops are increased 100%

people are saying gold is useless now that the auction house is gone but just wait till theyre all lining up to use the mystic in reaper of souls, then i will be laughing with mine and my girlfriends 70 million combined gold

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*coughcoughcough*
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 04:18 AMPosted by Rapham0n
Is BLIZZARD even keeping an eye on Console Diablo III? Because I see a ton of questions here and no answers at all. It's really starting to make me worried. :\

same.

Q, Is there any plan to provide console players with an item stat range list similar to the PC version?
Reply Quote
11/08/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Bricktop
Is BLIZZARD even keeping an eye on Console Diablo III? Because I see a ton of questions here and no answers at all. It's really starting to make me worried. :\

same.

Q, Is there any plan to provide console players with an item stat range list similar to the PC version?

i have wondered that but the items stats on the console dont seem to be fixed, i found some tasker and theo gloves with str, dex, vit and massive(like 450) int, armor and ias, then i found another pair recently and it had similar stas with 1 +res(a specific one not all res) and at first i thought the int might have double rolled hence only 6 stats but when i look the new pair have really high int as well, i cant remember the stats myself but it makes me wonder what the boundaries are
Reply Quote
Is there any plans for PS3 xpac and will PS3/PS4 co-op be supported? I know of many who are waiting for the PS4 version but would love to play with me (a 13 year Diablo vet).
Reply Quote
This is slightly off topic but i didnt want to create a new thread for it. Does anyone know of a forum reader on android that I can read this forum with, other than this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thinkingtype.blizzreader&hl=en

that bliz forum reader that I just linked to is just horrible.

Ive tried searching for it in tapatalk but cant find it.
Reply Quote
can i download and play d3 on my ps4 via the ps+ network til the ps4 version comes out
Reply Quote
Question about character specific mods (e.g. Mara's Kaleidoscope, Stone of Jordan). Are the drops for these items tailored in any way towards your character (or whoever is in your local party)?

If not it could be a loooooong time before you find a mara's or SoJ that fits your build, since there's no AH or RMAH on the console version.
Edited by BlasiuS#1634 on 12/6/2013 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Is the achievement for the Item set gonna b fixed for the ps3? I have all of Natalya's set but its not the same name as what the achievement wants. Or is there two of the same set in the game???
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Scootaloo
That... didn't answer the question at all...

If I'm playing online multiplayer, my MF affects what drops for me and nobody else. If I'm playing same-screen with someone else, whose MF is used when calculating drops? Both players added up or averaged? Just the first player?

As far as I have observed, each character in Local Multiplayer uses it's own MF and each character will have an item drop where any character can pickup. So if you have 4 characters in Local Multiplayer, if one of the characters has low MF, you will observe that 75% of the total items dropped are yellow (some blue) and 25% will be blue or white/gray. That is just my observation.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Please Bring Diablo 3 and D3 ROS to XBOX ONE!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
On my profile on x360 I am paragon 8 with my barbarian and beside that says 0%! can you tell me what is the purpose for the 0%? Please and Thank you.
Reply Quote
Need to be fixed
- Achievement about item set
- D3 not working with screenshot option on ps3, that's a bad joke.
- A moderator or whatever coming in console section at least once a week.

12/20/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Imperius101
On my profile on x360 I am paragon 8 with my barbarian and beside that says 0%! can you tell me what is the purpose for the 0%? Please and Thank you.

Also wondering... mystery.
Reply Quote
Need to be fixed
- Achievement about item set
- D3 not working with screenshot option on ps3, that's a bad joke.
- A moderator or whatever coming in console section at least once a week.

Also wondering... mystery.

It's not just a 360 bug, like my friend Aglid said here, it also happens on PS3. I believe it's supposed to represent the percentage of Paragon experience you have currently on your shared Paragon experience levels on that account as a whole.

They have the system working (looks like it anyway) on the PC PTR version. When you look at someone's profile under the "Career" tab, it shows the highest level, play times, etc. under there. The Paragon level shows in the bar with a percent (example being "Paragon Level 33" then "55%" in the far right % area).

I will reply with a screenshot link here if someone wants to see it. It works so far on PTR on PC, but not on consoles. Seems like it was something they couldn't finish before they pushed the games out to get sold on time.
Edited by AceBro#1602 on 12/29/2013 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]