Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Console FAQ

I am having an issue when trying to load my character back onto my on PS3.

I was visiting a friend in England and im based in America, I created a 2nd user with my PSN account details on his system and made a monk to lvl 50. Before I left left my friends house I saved my lvl 50 monk onto a usb. When i turned on my own PS3, I copied my character from my usb onto my hard drive.

If i view my system hard drive I can see the lvl 50 monk save but when I turn on D3, and try and load the lvl 50 monk he doesn't appear in my in game character list.

Can anyone help out?

I have changed the region options to see if that made any difference and it didnt.

Please help
Reply Quote
03/22/2014 07:34 PMPosted by Bodnommer
what the heck you were that dumb to not make gameplay compatible across platforms? wow will this FAIL.

Considering that the way psn and live works, its not an easy feat to get even live and pc to be able to play together (which is why not many games ever did that), its not a fail.

PSN and Live will never be able to join games of each other
Reply Quote
Hi, my colleague has an xbox 360 and digital copy of diablo 3 (downloaded via xbox store)

he wants to bring his xbox live account to work, login via the 360 console at work and download d3 and his characters to this console.

What would the process be in order for him to use his d3 character at the office sporadically but still retain it at home everyday?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have a suggestion! Why is the mini map at the bottom of the screen on co-op! The bottom of the screen is so cluttered. There is nothing at the top of the screen. It would be nice to actually see the mini map. For example whenever you get say a massacre bonus it covers the mini map.
Reply Quote
I believe it's safe to assume blizzard is just saying !@#$ PS3 and 360 seeing as they are being silent about it. The release of those console versions was just a mad scramble for cash... Jokes on us I guess. Blizzard - Over 9000 Customers - -9000
Reply Quote
Well blizzard is releasing Reaper of souls for console so that's probably when consoles will get a patch lol
Reply Quote
Q. What will I need to keep to transfer my Xbox 360 Diablo 3 (standard) characters to Ultimate Evil on Xbox One?

i.e. Will I need to hold on to my 360 console? Do I store my Diablo 3 game save to the cloud? etc

(I was considering trading my Xbox 360 to get an Xbox One.)

Thanks,

Justin
Reply Quote
I know this might have been asked or discussed before but is there any chance what-so-ever that we can get a Game Guide with Character Skills for Console?

I've looked for and at several Character Builds to get ideas all of which pretty much go out the window because they're PC and the Skill Stats listed are for PC. Many don't match stat wise either + or -, some don't exsist at all, or have different attributes. And of course on the console we don't have full detail on the skills or runes to begin with. Thanks

Kenny J
Xbox 360 - BuzzZaw66
PS4 - BuzzZaw82
Reply Quote
Will RoS for PS3 give us the Crusader class to play?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Can I play Diablo 3 on my Xbox one and play with my roommate with him on his Xbox 360?
Reply Quote
View profile
05/31/2014 05:40 AMPosted by BuzzZaw
I know this might have been asked or discussed before but is there any chance what-so-ever that we can get a Game Guide with Character Skills for Console?

I've looked for and at several Character Builds to get ideas all of which pretty much go out the window because they're PC and the Skill Stats listed are for PC. Many don't match stat wise either + or -, some don't exsist at all, or have different attributes. And of course on the console we don't have full detail on the skills or runes to begin with. Thanks

Kenny J
Xbox 360 - BuzzZaw66
PS4 - BuzzZaw82

While I agree that this'd be pretty great, you can use the *old* (1.0.8) PC discussions as a baseline. Anything from 2013 is pretty close to the current console version in my experience.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
06/05/2014 12:05 PMPosted by Dcarr74
Will RoS for PS3 give us the Crusader class to play?

I'm pretty sure that's a given. Along with Act V, the new difficulty settings, and adventure mode, otherwise what is the point of releasing a new game?
Reply Quote
Got a question for BLUES what the crap is Blizz/Xbl/Psn doing about all the MODDING/DUPPED gear in console versions/??????? 4/5 ppl have this and theres nothing being done. PC a person modz or dupes there acc/cd key are banned. It's getting quite ridiculous and RoS is dropping soon yet there is no action being taken against this problem that's getting more and more out of control sooooooooo WHAT IS GOING TO BE DONE????
Reply Quote
hey Narull,

i got a question. my friend and i were supposed to play and we tried adding him up as one of my friends. he's a console player - ps3 and im a pc player. how should we set things up so we can see each other on the battle.net network or we can play together? it doesn't seem to work for us.
Edited by Lacroix#1223 on 6/9/2014 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You can't play cross-platform.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
nice but nothing for pcs. well no more play of the game then
Reply Quote
Hi. This seemed like the appropriate thread. I blew up my Diablo 3 save tonight when I forgot that my Xbox 360 outlet was switched & I accidentally turned off the light switch after I logged in. My entire gaming history for all my games was on a USB stick in my Xbox 360 Slim Arcade & the stick was toast after I did that. So while that's the breaks (definitely a "hardcore" moment!), this leads me to my question:

Is it possible to make a copy of your Xbox 360 save file legitimately? I tried before & all the console would let me do was move it. I'm a bit wary of not being able to make a copy since ultimately both hard drives & USB sticks fail. It's already bad enough I lost all my recent effort (Level 60 [Paragon 16] Monk able to run Inferno M5 start to finish) but to not learn from this & plan ahead would be a travesty.

thanks & best regards,
Pedal2Metal
Reply Quote
"Hi, my colleague has an xbox 360 and digital copy of diablo 3 (downloaded via xbox store)

he wants to bring his xbox live account to work, login via the 360 console at work and download d3 and his characters to this console.

What would the process be in order for him to use his d3 character at the office sporadically but still retain it at home everyday?"

Sorry, just figuring out how to post effectively here. Still a WIP... :)

I was actually doing this. The xbox at work didn't have Internet connection (offline) so in my case it was a bit more complicated than if you have XBL at both xbox locations. However, the same solution can work for both cases.

I ended up putting my Diablo 3 game & my save file on a USB stick & just carried it with me. You can play straight off the stick no problem so long as it meets Xbox 360 performance requirements (the 360 tells you when you format the stick if it meets performance guidelines or not). It usually works even if not too but better safe than sorry.

Anyhow, that's what I did & it worked beautifully. Just don't ever turn off power while you're logging in from your stick and/or saving to the stick. It's not pretty. :)

Another option is put your game save in the cloud (if one always has XBL access) & just put Diablo 3 on the USB stick. This is a bit safer since you're not at any risk of losing your game save if you accidentally lose your USB stick, ruin your stick, etc.... Just get a new stick, re-download Diablo 3 & you're good-to-go again. This is the path I recommend for those that have XBL access at all xbox consoles.

best regards,
Pedal2Metal
Edited by Pedal2Metal#1879 on 6/18/2014 10:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Whoops, posted in the wrong thread by mistake.
Edited by Santar#1559 on 6/20/2014 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd really like an update soon on Ultimate Evil Edition.

Many of us console fans want to know if we will be getting better patch support this time around.
There are a lot of unanswered questions and the time is soon!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]