Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Console FAQ

100 Dwarf Warrior
06/17/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Fever
Can players on the PS3 and PS4 play with each other of the playstation network?

I really hope so, this would greatly increase the pool of players to play with online and more games to join

But I believe the PS4 will have slightly different mechanics because of the hardware/controller so they probably will not integrate PS3/PS4 players

One thing I'm afraid of playing on the PS3/PS4 is the smaller community and lack of players compared to PC.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 12:45 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
Speaking of controllers. How exactly does the controls work. I mean its obviously no longer click to move since the video shows movement through the thumbstick. But it looks like you only do stuff in the direction you are facing. It doesnt look to bad for most barb attacks (except not sure how he controls how far to leap) but for someone like a DH how do you control the range of stuff like spike traps or RF bombardment?

The console version will adopt a targeting feature as seen in gameplay videos from E3.
Reply Quote
Another question Narull.

Will the game feature Offline LAN capabilities?

Obviously not an important feature but would be interesting to know the answer nonetheless.
Reply Quote
what if the pc version generates a number or hexadecimal number representing your actual hero, items, stats etc. so you can have him in the console version, also the same process to transfer your console goods to the pc
Reply Quote
Hello!
Belong to the Brazilian Forum, however sometimes give a last Forum U.S. to enjoy your content

I have 2 questions regarding the topic and the game console
1 - If I buy my Pre Order Diablo 3 (Ps3) and catch lv 60 with my characters when I buy my Ps4, I'll have to redo it again?

2 - currently the Brazilian Forum lacking in this respect to Diablo 3 content in consoles, then would the permission of the creator of the topic so I could translate it to Portuguese and then post on the Brazilian Forum

Thank you!
Reply Quote
Another question;

Is there a Trade function on the console version?

It just occurred to me that I've seen no footage of any trading taking place or items being dropped.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Sorry for my absence all. IRL decided to pop in. Some replies and questions added.

Hello!
Belong to the Brazilian Forum, however sometimes give a last Forum U.S. to enjoy your content

I have 2 questions regarding the topic and the game console
1 - If I buy my Pre Order Diablo 3 (Ps3) and catch lv 60 with my characters when I buy my Ps4, I'll have to redo it again?

2 - currently the Brazilian Forum lacking in this respect to Diablo 3 content in consoles, then would the permission of the creator of the topic so I could translate it to Portuguese and then post on the Brazilian Forum

Thank you!

Unfortunately it is still unknown in this case as details of the PS4 version are still being finalised. Blizzard hasn't released any information about it as yet.

As for translating go nuts mate! Happy to help in anyway we can.

06/17/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Fever
Can players on the PS3 and PS4 play with each other of the playstation network?

Again unknown.

06/17/2013 08:39 AMPosted by Fever
What security precautions are in place to prevent editing hero or item files while offline/on flashdrives?

Blizzard won't release information on security features as that would lead to people trying to circumvent them easier.

Added your question DuckOfDeath.

DamienJohn, the trade feature is the same as in the PC version. but I'll add it to the FAQ.
Reply Quote
More question add by me, as they answers my question in this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9344334985
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
In regards to playing local co-op..

Lets say I'm level 40 in nightmare. A friend of mine comes over who doesn't own a copy of D3 but wants to play the game with me. Do we HAVE to make brand new characters in order to play together? Or can he make a character at my level, that gets deleted once the "guest" is done playing?
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Updated and added too. Should have more information coming soon.
Reply Quote
What will be the compatibility between PS3 and PS4? Will we have to buy different versions? Will we keep our characters?
Reply Quote
If my wife and I purchase a copy of the game and play co-op, will we both have access to the PS3 exclusive in-game items? For instance, will we both have an Infernal Helm to wear?
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
06/28/2013 12:26 AMPosted by Otenko
What will be the compatibility between PS3 and PS4? Will we have to buy different versions? Will we keep our characters?

PS4 features and details are still unknown to all.

06/28/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Poloxamer
If my wife and I purchase a copy of the game and play co-op, will we both have access to the PS3 exclusive in-game items? For instance, will we both have an Infernal Helm to wear?

In regards to this. If you buy 2 copies(preordered) then yes you will both get the helm etc.

or did you mean on the same copy of the game?
Reply Quote
Another answer: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377488883
Reply Quote
07/01/2013 07:57 PMPosted by Narull
or did you mean on the same copy of the game?

I meant the same copy. We only own a single PS3. Why would we buy 2 copies of the same game?
Reply Quote
06/28/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Poloxamer

It's extremely likely that the exclusive items will be available to each separate character on the account much like the bonuses on the PC version. So yes, based on how exclusives typically work you and your wife will both have an individual Infernal Helm.
Reply Quote
will the PS4 version come with the same pre order items?
Reply Quote
Not really a question, more like a request... Can Diablo 3 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 at least have a co-op mode up to 4 players? It would be a waste if it didn't, or at least a 2 player option? Surely that would be fair on those who don't have a Xbox live account and just want to be able to play with a friend on the same screen on 1 machine without having to go online. Food for thought. Just a suggestion. Use it, don't use... Thanks...
Reply Quote
Will the PS3 Version work on the PS4 console ?
Reply Quote
07/07/2013 01:52 AMPosted by Garrick666
Can Diablo 3 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 at least have a co-op mode up to 4 players? It would be a waste if it didn't, or at least a 2 player option?

Local co-op has been confirmed since launch and is perhaps the game's defining feature.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/console/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]