Diablo® III

Fetish Sycophant

This passive says you have a 5% chance to summon a fetish on casting of a physical realm spell. For some more specificity on how it works, I was hoping someone would have the answers to some of my questions:

1) The tooltip claims the chance to summon on cast, but when I sit there and cast firebomb at nothing for 30 seconds straight, I get no fetishes summoned, but I summon them all the time while in combat. Is this on cast or is it actually on attack?

2) Is the summon chance subjective to procs of different skills? I have no proof, but it seems that I summon fewer with fire bomb than I did with darts.
Reply Quote
I don't know about your second question, but you can summon quite a few fetishes without actually being in combat (I've done this in town before charging in). However, they do seem to spawn significantly faster in combat for some reason.
Reply Quote
Was just messing with this passive and noticed that it works differently with channeled spells.

For non-channeled spells such as spiders you have a flat 5% chance to summon on each throw

For channeled spell such as Plague Bats it seems the chance is affected by Attack Speed. The higher my Attack Speed the faster I saw fetishes spawn. Since you don't actually cast Bats again the game has to revert to your Attack Speed it seems.

When I tried spiders it took forever for fetish to spawn but when I use PB fetish were just flying out with 1.64 APS

I even tried with a Skorn and PB and noticed they were coming out slower with the lower Attack Speed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]