Diablo® III

Can PS3 players play with PS4 players?

Hoping for a Blizz post... also, are save games swappable between PS3 and PS4?
Reply Quote
I doubt it. Ps3 will use different (free servers) where as ps4 is now paid. I cant see this being possible, unless you sub to the pay servers then Maybe... but there are other issues like hardware differences. That means the ps3 users will be at a disadvantage because of hardware.

There are other issues that would prevent it and that could be Sony not giving blizzard access to their special hardware to where they could create a code that allows them to connect to each other the same way the pc does. Sony and Microsoft will do anything to keep the consoles codes hidden to prevent backups from happening.
Reply Quote
I don't know why hardware makes any difference, if Wipeout 2048 players are able to use a Vita to race with Wipeout HD Fury players on PS3.

The only difference between D3 on PS3 and PS4 is screen resolution. At this point, Blizzard is practically in bed with Sony (in a good way), there's no reason why this partnership won't allow Blizzard to implement Sony's cross play code.
Reply Quote
I don't know why hardware makes any difference, if Wipeout 2048 players are able to use a Vita to race with Wipeout HD Fury players on PS3.

The only difference between D3 on PS3 and PS4 is screen resolution. At this point, Blizzard is practically in bed with Sony (in a good way), there's no reason why this partnership won't allow Blizzard to implement Sony's cross play code.

Thats because sony OWNS wipeout. They created the game. They wont let blizzard get exclusive access to there systems to be able to do what your asking. Same goes for Microsoft.

When it comes to hardware you need all the details on it. Sony wont let that informations get out because thats what hackers need/use to get around the security of the system. So that type of hardware information is locked tight inside the system through encryption. Blizzard is only given the basic tools to create a game that can run on the hardware. Once you get into cross-platform online play it gets really hard and my guess is that its not possible with SDK tools sony gives out to publishers.

I could be wrong, but blizzard is the only one who can correctly answer this. Hopefully a blue can.
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 6/13/2013 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager

At this time, we haven’t announced any details regarding the PlayStation 4 version of Diablo III, and it’s still a ways out. Once it’s further along in development, we should be able to go into a bit more depth about its features and answer questions like these. :)

In the meantime, you might enjoy checking out this recent video we posted concerning some of the things we'll be looking at when we shape Diablo III for the PS4: Diablo III: Conversations With Creators
Reply Quote
Well, I won't be buying D3 for console until the clarifications are made. I imagine others feel similarly, and if you want a decent launch, I hope this is together and announced before then. I was burned buying the pc version when the console version is what I want, and I am not about to get screwed the same way again.
Reply Quote

At this time, we haven’t announced any details regarding the PlayStation 4 version of Diablo III, and it’s still a ways out. Once it’s further along in development, we should be able to go into a bit more depth about its features and answer questions like these. :)

In the meantime, you might enjoy checking out this recent video we posted concerning some of the things we'll be looking at when we shape Diablo III for the PS4: [url="http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/16/diablo-iii-conversations-with-creators/"]Diablo III: Conversations With Creators[/url]

This is really dumb Blizzard. I already pre-ordered my PS4 and I'm really excited to play D3 on console. Assuming the PS4 comes out a few months after D3 for PS3 I would totally buy it for both systems just to cover those couple of months. However, if I can't keep my characters there is obviously no point. A clarification to this is really needed and would without a doubt help you sell copies of the PS3 version.
Reply Quote
I second your comment. If there crossplay, ill buy both, if not ill wait for a ps4 version. I also feel kind of burned ditching the pc version I have hundreds of hours invested in.
Reply Quote
Agree not buying until more detail as ps4 is in November.
Reply Quote
There better be a ps3/ps4 server. Releasing a game just to die in a few months would be pathetic.
Reply Quote
People are going to be holding there breaths waiting for the PS4 version for a long time. SO just buy the PS3 version and enjoy it. I don't expect the PS4 version till early/mid 2014. No where near the PS4 release is my bet. Regarding PS3--->PS4 unless Blizz provides a tool convert PS3 saves to PS4 data format don't hold your breath.
Reply Quote
Just wondering if you will ever port over the control scheme for the console version of d3 to the pc. I play with my pc hooked up to my 58 inch cinamawide tv (sweet i know) and i must say I feel when i saw the care you guys put into how the console version and how it looked on the big screen i was bummed out . More people are playing there pc's on big screes. I have a ps3 but don't want to sacrifice the performance of my gaming rig and love pc community. Maybe a tv setting in the graphics option to help it size just right would be cool. 21:9 aspect ratio if you can lol. just my 2 cents thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
If i buy diablo 3 for ps3 can i play it on my ps 4 ???? V
Reply Quote
Just to clarify the earlier point that D3 on the PS4 will be very different to the PS3 version and NOT just a resolution change...the devs have said any new features will be added due to the extra processing power...
Reply Quote
They have also said you'll be able to transfer your saves from PS3 to PS4 when it comes out.
Reply Quote
Yea but until it comes out if igo to the stor and buy d3 for ps3 will it play on ps4 ???
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
12/24/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Anima
Yea but until it comes out if igo to the stor and buy d3 for ps3 will it play on ps4 ???

No. Its no different than any other PS3 game in that regard. PS4 is not backwards compatible so it wont play PS3 games.
Reply Quote
So has there been any updates on this? Can D3 Ultimate Evil edition be played between friends who have PS3 and PS4?
Reply Quote
Nooooope.
Reply Quote
That's disappointing. Thanks! Guess I will hold off buying D3UE on PS4 and pre-order it for PS3 instead just to play with a friend =/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]