Diablo® III

Self-found league

Just to clarify for all the trolls. Self found doesn't require any respect. I, personally, have nothing to prove. But why do I play self found? For my own satisfaction and enjoyment. Because when I use the AH, it ruins the fun, FOR ME

I've got nothing against you or those like you.
The others which are playing SF for Our sake however. . . lol

I think everyone that's Made money off this game should get a special something, a flag sigil with a dollar sign? If you got lucky enough, or flipped smart enough, to make real money off this video game then YOU'RE the Real winners here.
I would sport mine proudly

EDIT:
"are you attacking me and other people for who want to play without the Auction House"
i'm attacking "you"(did i yell at You?) if you feel the game needs a new mode to support your SF playstyle, or that you need a medal/badge/reward of some type for doing so. That's all.

attacking someone does not have to include yelling smart guy but if you want to translate yelling into caps locks I'd assume it was both then. A mode that doesn't include the Auction House seems like a pretty f****ing good mode to me. "Respect" was hardly my main argument but since you wanted to single that sentence out and attack me based on that it shows you can't comprehend anything more than maybe a paragraph. It also shows your a douche bag who wants attention and gets a rise out of people on forums with that said perhaps you're the one that need a f***ing star jacka**
Edited by NOLLegendz#1445 on 6/15/2013 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Buckles
90% of people who say their self found are full of crap. They either used the AH at some point, traded with somebody, used gold they bought or were just given something from a friend. There's no way you can fully gear a character with high end stuff that all dropped for you. As we all know 99.9% of everything that drops is total crap. and 99.9% of the good stuff that drops is either pretty crappy or something that your class/build can't really use.

I have to agree with this as some of the people who state they are are not mentioning the background and it's hard to believe some of them with such low number of elite kills.
Reply Quote
Does it make it more fun to grind hour after hour for crappy gear and loot then more power to u all I am a user of the ah and i love the game because of it ..cause the people who cant afford the $ ah well the n grind away ...for me give me the best my money can buy ...lol
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Feralheart
Blizzard has better things to worry about.

The problem is ... THIS is the type of thing I can see them wasting time on and pushing any meaningful fixes back months.
Reply Quote
One thing that would be nice is an option to create a character with an empty stash (and I'm including no gold in there as well). I don't mind playing self-found without the league or the recognition, but it would be great not having to worry about sorting out my stash and calculating my gold.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 01:29 PMPosted by TheFunGun21
Give players recognition for self-found status. That is all

Why? do u feel special having the worst characters on bnet?

You do know there are these sites called Diablo progress and Diablo stats, so u can get recognition and see how much u progressed.........

your prolly like #50000 and counting just to give u a heads up :)

P.S. Self Found is for noobs who cant afford gear, so they play the game like Fallout or Skyrim....

Not sure why u dont just go play one of those games instead of trying to change a loot grinding/ trading game into another streamlined terrible console game that has no depth.... Just because u suck at trading or dont understand the basics of a diablo game.

Sad really, ver very sad..
Reply Quote
I don't know how people being self found, and being a part of a specific group hinders other peoples play experience. It really can't, because there is a choice involved. You can still use the auction house if you want as a normal player, or you could be a part of a community who is self found. This caters to everyone, those apposed to this, I can't imagine having a good reason behind their opinion. Your just providing the player the option of a different play experience. Which I don't see as a negative in anyway, it just caters to more people, whilst not affecting anyone else. It will do nothing but improve the game for a certain group of players, which is not bad either. Who knows, maybe you will start seeing a lot more people choosing the self found route once they can play among other players specifically doing the same thing.
Reply Quote
I think both opinions are valid here ("yes, support self-found mode" and "no, don't support self-found mode"), so I encourage you to keep the debate active. It's a good one, and I love getting to hear from each side of the fence -- specifically on why you feel the way you do.

Before this discussion gets too far, though, I did want to bring your attention to the following discussions that Wyatt and Travis had with Archon earlier on this very topic. You can find the full chat here:

this is not a good discussion.....

A good one would be one about itemization, or 1 of the other dozen problems with this game. that your team constantly neglects.

Kinda like how this game has been out for a year but u still have servers crash for no reason, then u have no explanation for us why it happened etc.. Then u say they will be up a hour later, then u wait that whole hour then add another hour on to the maintenance time lol......

So how about u make this game more like DIABLO, instead of Syrim/Fable/Fall Out?

hmmmm now there is a idea........
Reply Quote
Make Ladder AH and RMAH free -- and non-ladder have AH and RMAH.

Win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win.
Reply Quote
LOL @ this.
Reply Quote
Make Ladder AH and RMAH free -- and non-ladder have AH and RMAH.

Win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win / win.

Lol whats the difference i dont think a ladder or Rmah free game is gonna help ur 45 elite kills...

Your still gonna suck ether way, just go play with ur barbies or something i think they will hold ur interest longer....
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 01:25 PMPosted by TweakNOnJib
Give players recognition for self-found status. That is all

Why? do u feel special having the worst characters on bnet?

You do know there are these sites called Diablo progress and Diablo stats, so u can get recognition and see how much u progressed.........

your prolly like #50000 and counting just to give u a heads up :)

P.S. Self Found is for noobs who cant afford gear, so they play the game like Fallout or Skyrim....

Not sure why u dont just go play one of those games instead of trying to change a loot grinding/ trading game into another streamlined terrible console game that has no depth.... Just because u suck at trading or dont understand the basics of a diablo game.

Sad really, ver very sad..

well said.
Reply Quote
A few points on this topic:

To do anything with self-found leagues or recognition it needs to be defined, as a few people have already said. Clearly you can't buy items from the auction house but just about everything else is open to interpretation and you'd always have people disagreeing (passionately) with however Blizzard interprets it.

If we're just talking about recognition, really this should be coming from the achievement system (eg: achievement for beating Inferno Diablo in HC self-found). Unfortunately, this would just be the tip of the iceburg when it comes to achievement and recognition problems. The game does not support portrait unlocks, the game has not updated the achievement list even as new challenges were added (eg: hellfire ring, dueling), and there are major milestones which are poorly represented in achievements right now. For example, killing Inferno Diablo in HC is a ten-pointer without even a banner background or sigil - if this was SC2 that would get you a freakin' Kerrigan avatar.

For leagues, as I see it all this would do is hurt the number of players you have in the pool to join games with. Combine this with the MP separation that was implimented, and the separation of goals (key farming, monster killing, dueling), plus player base decline over time, and we're just making it harder to find a group.

Self-found isn't about recognition, it's about making the game actually hard. My HC barb wasn't self-found, and walking her through Inferno was a breeze because very small amounts of gold well-spent at the AH made her overpowered almost the whole way through. Some of Inferno got a little dicey but that was only because I was being super reckless and felt invincible.
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 01:14 PMPosted by familia
Self found mode is a reflection of the itemization problem. We are choosing a play-style because what we have now isn't rewarding enough. If there was a way to make the loot hunt fun and satisfying (which is exactly what Travis and Blizzard are trying to do) would we even need to play self found in the first place? The purpose of self found isn't to differentiate yourself from everyone else, it's to have fun actually playing the game. So instead of asking for recognition we should figure out a way to make endgame worth playing.

Hurray for level heads prevailing!

It's like I said in my earlier post on this thread: Travis and Wyatt are going to see how itemization affects the game before they consider any kind of recognition for self-found players. I would still love to see much better incentives for playing without the auction house, but a self-found flag or gameplay mode isn't the only way to do that (and, from their perspective, in terms of time and effort to create, may not be the most ideal).

Though it sucks that we'll have to wait until after Blizzcon to see what they do, I don't think posting more threads filled with complaints will help. Blizzard has heard our voices - and now we'll have to wait to see what happens when the itemization patch hits.

Sorry, my ironborn brethren - but it looks like we'll have to wait quite a while before we'll have an answer. Meanwhile, I don't see any reason why we couldn't start an ironborn / SF guild of sorts. Add me: Waterfiend#1909. All my characters on my account are SF.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]