Diablo® III

Self-found league

06/14/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
I will say, I think people find self-found to be so enjoyable because honestly, the game is more fun when you pull the Auction House out of the equation.

Make my day and create a mode w/o it.

ALSO:
The reason self-found should be segregated is because how can you even keep up with those using the AH? This is especially true while leveling... I mean my self found 200 DPS ( If you want to call it that ) cannot compete with someone using the AH and having 2000 DPS. I'd like to group with people who have worked there butt off for the gear that have. Instead of credit carding there way to win. Pay2Win is not desirable.
Edited by Rexxay#1731 on 6/14/2013 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
when we ever have a better pvp system in the future, I would duel with someone else in the self-found league too. Stay away from duels with who's the richest in real life because that just doesn't make any sense.
Reply Quote
For those that don't already know, the drop rates in this game were nerfed from the start BECAUSE there exists an auction house. This game needs a permanent self-found ladder with drop rates buffed to what their non-auction house values should have been. I would love to play that.
Reply Quote
I want recognition for being a "finder-trader"... after I find magical items along my adventures, I search for other adventurers who have ventured to lands not much unlike the lands I have and been on adventures not unlike those I have been on. We trade and barter over the items we have for the ones we find more appealing...to us. I want a special level where I can go to to search for more items that I can then share and trade with other adventurers for being an "finder-trader". This mode would also give you bonus MF and GF and would unlock higher MP levels with more bonuses. The best part is that when you kill the final boss in the bonus level you will get a special "always useable" legendary drop... however, it won't be useable to the class you are playing! You will have to seek out other adventurers and trade that item to seek the true reward!
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Rexxay
I will say, I think people find self-found to be so enjoyable because honestly, the game is more fun when you pull the Auction House out of the equation.

Make my day and create a mode w/o it.

ALSO:
The reason self-found should be segregated is because how can you even keep up with those using the AH? This is especially true while leveling... I mean my self found 200 DPS ( If you want to call it that ) cannot compete with someone using the AH and having 2000 DPS. I'd like to group with people who have worked there butt off for the gear that have. Instead of credit carding there way to win. Pay2Win is not desirable.

Are you assuming people wouldn't be trading without the AH?
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 11:58 PMPosted by BigReaper
I would love to play that.

You are in the minority. Sorry.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
But we also don't want to do it in a way that complicates the UI

Really? A checkbox on character creating saying "Self-Found" would, clutter the interface to beyond recognition?

When I saw console starting screen, there were at least two new main buttons, but they don't clutter the UI, don't they?

This is the lamest excuse ever...
Reply Quote
I would love to be able to play self-found without being forced to play with non-self-found characters. I don't care about status: I, as a player, hate to play with people who paid-to-win. I enjoy my game experience more when I'm with somebody else who actually played the game, much like I did.

So I disagree with the achievement part of the issue: i could care less. I agree with a self-found "league" or "game mode" -- or whatever you'd call it -- which would be a different "world" than the existing ones named "Normal" and "Hardcore".

In self-found mode there would be no AH/RMAH, you would not be able to trade anything but items -- gold would not be tradeable, so the only way to exchange items would just be that, exchanging.
Reply Quote
I think it's a great idea to just put a sign in the name of the hero, or make some additional detail to indicate that that player never used the AH.

In contrast, put a different symbol on any char that used RMAH, and update the symbol depending on how much he/she spent.

For both non Ah and RMAH users make public games pairing find what they need...
Edited by Nippa#2488 on 6/15/2013 12:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Self found mode or league would create a stigma around AH usage and could potentially decrease RMAH revenue. Never gonna happen. Not on Activision's watch.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
To this very day, I still do not understand why "Self-found" is given such high regard around here.

Equipment upgrades have been a staple of RPG's for decades, single-player or multi-player. And those upgrades have almost always been consistent in manner.

Self-found in D3 seems to be a way of saying that you're making a choice to play the game in a way that's more difficult then everyone else. But you're not making a choice at all. That's just the natural state of the game.
Reply Quote
It's the matter of freedom, so I don't get it when players want to forbid others to make a self-found character. No one should ever force anybody to use AH. That is why, blizzard should add a new type of character creation: we have softcore mode, hardcore mode and there also should be the "self-found" mode for self-found characters only withut access to AH, with separate artisians, gold and stash for each self-found character.

Why would anybody tell me how to play? Play as you see fit, but never ever limit other players' freedom. Give us the possibility of playing self-found characters, give us the ladder for self-found characters. I do not force anybody to play self-found so I do not want anybody to force me to play AH.

Please somebody explain me why would you ever want to forbid peolpe to play self-found? Whats the point of forcing people to play AH? Why are you, who sit on the other side of the fence, telling us how to play on our side of the fence??? What's wrong with you?
Reply Quote
First of all pardon my English :D

We need a Self-Found league because :

1)in Self-Found league ladder is Possible.

2)in Self-Found League PvP won't be Pay 2 win.

3)in Self-Found League a Hardcore character Is a badass.

4)in Self-Found League Drop Can be better like the console version.

5)In Self-Found league you feel happy when you get a better drop,

That's why I think its a great idea to add a Self-Found League
Reply Quote
I can understand and appreciate wanting a self-found mode, but there shouldn't be achievements tied to it. Why? Well, anyone who uses the AH/RMAH gets left out, so you'd have to make it fair to them by adding equivalent achievements.

Personally, I don't want to have to spend $50 just so I can get a shiny new icon on my banner.

Give players the option to disable AH/RMAH use for a character they create, but don't link achievements to their progress.
Reply Quote
I understand self-found players, as this is more difficult to reach hight gears and levels, and so more brave.

But what if Blizzard add a visible sign for them ? This will be the beginning of war (I mean conflict, discord) between the self-foundeds and the aheds. And what's about a self-founded that buy a gear in the AH, once... "incidentally" ?

So the better I think is not to use a visible sign, but on the contrary, to use a non-visible sign. Something like a buff, like better magic found chance or something like that, on the player board (only). This will pleased self-found players, and this will not be a problem for aheds.

Use the force.
Edited by obiwan#2455 on 6/15/2013 2:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would love to be able to play self-found without being forced to play with non-self-found characters. I don't care about status: I, as a player, hate to play with people who paid-to-win. I enjoy my game experience more when I'm with somebody else who actually played the game, much like I did.

So I disagree with the achievement part of the issue: i could care less. I agree with a self-found "league" or "game mode" -- or whatever you'd call it -- which would be a different "world" than the existing ones named "Normal" and "Hardcore".

In self-found mode there would be no AH/RMAH, you would not be able to trade anything but items -- gold would not be tradeable, so the only way to exchange items would just be that, exchanging.

Its not exchanging, that is trading, I can see it already,

#### joins the game.

Trader1: CC/DEX mempo for trade. LF MS/INT ICE CLIMBERS.

The same stupid spamming trading as D2. no thanks, I like to ease of use AH.
Reply Quote
+1

No need to explain why.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]