Diablo® III

Self-found league

Just make everything on the account BOA, lock out AH. That way ppl can't pretend to be self-found when they clearly aren't.
Reply Quote
Just make the Battle tag of the character that found the item appear in a section of the item found.

This way self found can brag if they want and people who dont care can just overlook it.
Edited by Maps#1790 on 6/15/2013 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is this fresh wave of self-found fanaticism due to a streamer like Archon? I just don't get it. Or maybe it took a whole year for enough Diablo players to quit this game that people who don't understand this franchise (with all this self-found/BoA nonsense) are finally becoming the majority.

I think that is mainly (meow) people that AREN'T self found that want to pretend to be...I'm not sure why though...

I mean I'm a 100% self-found cat
Reply Quote
Let's have recognition for everyone who played through Super Mario Brothers without ever grabbing a mushroom.

Also, Metroid with only 20 missiles max and no Varia suit.

Halo could have a separate league for those who get all their kills with melee.

Megaman should have a leaderboard for those who never use anything but the basic arm cannon.

You self-found people claim that your way is so great and you're having so much fun, why do you need recognition too? Can't you just let those of us who use the crutch of the AH cry quietly in our corners without a constant reminder of how we ruined our own game? I want to be as awesome as you but just can't do it, I'm addicted to the AH. The ability to trade an amazing demon hunter item for a an amazing witch doctor item with just a few simple clicks in the AH is too much of a drug. Help...me...
Reply Quote
Let's have recognition for everyone who played through Super Mario Brothers without ever grabbing a mushroom.

Also, Metroid with only 20 missiles max and no Varia suit.

Halo could have a separate league for those who get all their kills with melee.

Megaman should have a leaderboard for those who never use anything but the basic arm cannon.

You self-found people claim that your way is so great and you're having so much fun, why do you need recognition too? Can't you just let those of us who use the crutch of the AH cry quietly in our corners without a constant reminder of how we ruined our own game? I want to be as awesome as you but just can't do it, I'm addicted to the AH. The ability to trade an amazing demon hunter item for a an amazing witch doctor item with just a few simple clicks in the AH is too much of a drug. Help...me...

I self-found my copy of NES super mario...does that count?
Reply Quote
Why not just start your own self found club. There is a thread for the unique hunters collection, we have ventrillo and twitter, and always have people online in the conversation channels looking for uniques and sharing other achievements.
Reply Quote
i want self-found mode so players like this guy:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9164976714?page=1

Who lie about being self-found, can't get credit for their "work"
Reply Quote
Just make a visual effect for self found players. No options to select, no fake self found. An aurora or glow, lightning crawling over them, pulsing light, glowing foot prints. Something that everyone can see and you can only get legit. A single violation removes it permanently. It can show 100% self found, trades only from another self found player. requires that the character is flagged as self found and not items.

Level:
1. you have to find everything, no AH, no trades, no vendors--crawling lightning effect
2. no AH, but trades with other self found and vendors are okay, shows only safe gold-- glow effect

all gold available to non-self found characters. players can still farm and sell in AH, but gold goes to regular pile

Nothing to select, automatically changes, proven validity.
Reply Quote
Bottom line is creating a separate server for self-found is redundant and utterly stupid.

But whatever methods which distinguish them as self-found are great.
Reply Quote
I like the idea of a self found mode.

I've also thought why can't they allow us to engrave on our item whether it was picked up or traded or bough on a.h.

you could pay gold to have the engravement show up like a legen. Would say found by xplayer dropped by xmonster (I suppose you could engrave it if you bought or traded if you want, or make it only work for items you found) and the date or something along those lines. If traded the legend stays on there unless the next player pays to have it removed. Once removed item cannot be engraved again.
Reply Quote
i want self-found mode or a way to tell if they are self-found characters so players like this guy:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9164976714?page=1

Who lie about being self-found, can't get credit for their "work"
Reply Quote
I can only assume those wishing for a self-found mode never really played d2. Seeing how trading and online play were the primary elements that gave d2 it's longevity the idea of self-found then is just as silly as it is now. But really with such an incomplete game whatever it takes for you to get enjoyment out of it I endorse, even if it is playing SF.
Reply Quote
I would support this mode fully if all items are BOA, if it's just a pseudo-self-found ego boost there is literally no point in proceeding.
Reply Quote
Valid points for not supporting a feature that won't affect the people that are against if implemented?

No they're not valid. Blocking a play style because you don't like it is not a valid reason.

Self found players need support. I personally want an option that takes away the Auction House perma (sort of like a hardcore option) and ups your drop rates to D2 equivalent.

I hate playing the game for 12 hours, getting one legendary, and it sucking. The auction house ruined the point of this game, and that point is finding the gear yourself. Grinding for your next upgrade.
Reply Quote
View profile

I think we should go the other way and give players a giant dollar sign over their head if they use the auction house. ;)

I agree, that would then show just how much most depend on the AH and just how overall the drops suck!
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 01:29 PMPosted by TheFunGun21
Give players recognition for self-found status. That is all

What makes self-found people so special?

Congratulations, you refuse to use a mechanic built into the game. That's your choice.

Similarly, I could refuse to wear chest armor. I wouldn't demand recognition for my sacrifice.

With the state of the game as sorry as it is (ie, the entire point - finding items - being broken), being 'self-found' seems no more than electronic masochism.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]