Diablo® III

Sacrifice - Provoke the Pack

As most are aware of this skill w/ rune, I'll post it anyway to save from flipping back and forth:

Sacrifice
Terror
Banish your Zombie Dogs and cause them to explode, each dealing 275% of your weapon damage as Physical to all enemies within 12 yards.

Rune: Provoke the Pack
Each sacrificed Zombie Dog increases your damage by 5% for 30 seconds.

I am curious about this skill w/ this rune and if it is suppose to display or not as a buff. Each time I use it, I notice there isn't a little icon that pops up where say my Soul Harvest buff is displayed. Does this mean I am not getting the extra 15% damage or is it there, but not displaying? Any other WD run with this skill by chance noticing the same thing?

To me, it makes sense to have the buff displayed at the bottom with the other buffs so it is known when to sacrifice the puppies again.
Reply Quote
They have never had an icon to show the extra buff. It's been a source of discontent for a while, but there is no indication it will change any time soon. It would be nice...but yeah, probably not going to happen.
Reply Quote
Well that is quite disheartening. I will have to see if my damage goes up any next time I log in to make sure the rune is working. Otherwise... it's just a wasted rune for something broken. :-/
Reply Quote
You can rest assured that it adds the buff but it just doesnt show up.
Reply Quote
They apparently didn't learn their lesson after Magic Weapon, which also, for the longest time, did not have a buff timer for its buff.
Reply Quote

I notice there isn't a little icon that pops up where say my Soul Harvest buff is displayed. Does this mean I am not getting the extra 15% damage or is it there, but not displaying? Any other WD run with this skill by chance noticing the same thing?

To me, it makes sense to have the buff displayed at the bottom with the other buffs so it is known when to sacrifice the puppies again.

buff shows as a glow under your feet, no stacks or timer tho but it is working as intended. you can check sheet dps buff via inventory. when spamming i usually sac when summon cooldown is at the halfway mark, and with GI they just go boom boom boom...
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 06:57 AMPosted by juju
buff shows as a glow under your feet, no stacks or timer tho but it is working as intended. you can check sheet dps buff via inventory. when spamming i usually sac when summon cooldown is at the halfway mark, and with GI they just go boom boom boom...

Guess I will have to take a look at that. Maybe with all the destruction that is happening around my WD I just haven't noticed. Thanks for pointing that out.
Reply Quote
is there a max limit on how many sacrifices can give you each a 5% dam bonus? or is there no ceiling at all?
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 11:03 AMPosted by HardCopy
is there a max limit on how many sacrifices can give you each a 5% dam bonus? or is there no ceiling at all?

You get 5% for each dog, so 15% with 3 dogs, 20% with 4 dogs (Zombie Handler passive). It does not stack beyond that.

Cool thing is it is multiplicative with Pierce the Veil passive, not additive. So a 3-dog Provoke the Pack with Pierce the Veil is 1.15 * 1.2 = 1.38, so 38% more damage (not 35%)
Reply Quote
ah, i'm actually not looking to use summon zombie dogs. i'm looking to use circle of life, will it work differenty in this case?
Reply Quote
View profile
06/12/2013 11:27 AMPosted by HardCopy
ah, i'm actually not looking to use summon zombie dogs. i'm looking to use circle of life, will it work differenty in this case?

Nope everything works the same from those dogs except I believe the Circle of Life dogs don't get the huge EHP buff that the regular dogs got with the pet buff patch. I could be wrong on that though, but that's what I recall (not that anyone uses them to tank much damage anyway.)
Reply Quote
there is no icon becouse no blizzard stuff play wd and nobody is responsible for balance of this class. so sad fact.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Dikembe

You get 5% for each dog, so 15% with 3 dogs, 20% with 4 dogs (Zombie Handler passive). It does not stack beyond that.

I disagree, if you open the detailed screen and look for "Damaged Increased by Skills" (third from the top) you can see exactly what this skill is doing and how much you are getting from it. at 2.47 APS with 4 dogs (Zero dogs of course) it fluctuated between 10-30% mostly staying at 20%.

I only figured this out because I kept seeing 30% when in a BBV Slam Dance and when it went back to 20% I thought that PtP was over ridding BBV, but BBV does not go on the "Damaged Increased by Skills" line.
Reply Quote
have u ever heard of checking your sheet dps? did that really not cross your mind?
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 10:41 PMPosted by videogame
have u ever heard of checking your sheet dps? did that really not cross your mind?

An inelegant solution from an inelegant response.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]