Diablo® III

Patching for consoles?

I'm wondering if a blue could confirm (or if its too early) whether or not Diablo 3 for consoles will have the same ability to recieve multiple patches like the PC version? One thing everybody can agree on is Blizzard supports their products and keeps putting out patches for them. Will we be able to get these patches on our home consoles? Oh, will you be having a PS3 beta as well? Thanks!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
06/12/2013 12:57 PMPosted by GenKenobi
I'm wondering if a blue could confirm (or if its too early) whether or not Diablo 3 for consoles will have the same ability to recieve multiple patches like the PC version? One thing everybody can agree on is Blizzard supports their products and keeps putting out patches for them. Will we be able to get these patches on our home consoles? Oh, will you be having a PS3 beta as well? Thanks!
We don’t have any details just yet concerning the frequency of patch updates for console, but we’re hoping to be able to get important updates to our console players in a timely fashion.

We have no plans for a beta for the PS3 or Xbox 360 version of Diablo III at this time.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We have no plans for a beta for the PS3 or Xbox 360 version of Diablo III at this time.

Unnecessary, there was already a beta test called "PC retail version." Ohohohohoooo!!! I'm kidding.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Exile

Unnecessary, there was already a beta test called "PC retail version." Ohohohohoooo!!! I'm kidding.

You shouldn't, because it's true.
Reply Quote

I think you mean open beta here.... otherwise, many people may think that you're admitting that pc d3 is actually the beta test for the consoles.
Reply Quote
unfortunately, it's kind of true... (And I am soooo a fan of Blizzard too, it hurts to say.)
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 12:57 PMPosted by GenKenobi

I bet the won't patch the console version as frequently as the PC version. I don't know about Sony, but I've read more than once that MS is a hassle to deal with about patches (I'd even bet that's why it took so long to solidify the 360 release).

I can't remember which game it was, but I know I read somewhere that there was an issue where MS limited the number of patches they could do, or something like that.
Reply Quote
The biggest thing for me is constant patching over time and an expansion for the console version, it doesn't bother me to have a slower cycle of patches, just that the patches do come eventually.

I wonder if the exclusive agreement with Sony means more consistent patches on the PS3 side?

I have read that the PSN is free to join, once you are a member you can sign in after the game starts and it will prompt you to download the patch, after the patch is downloaded you can play the game, all you need is a internet connection at the time of the patching.

Xbox will require XBOXLIVE subscription even if you are just patching. I am not paying just to patch a few times a year.

For this reason I am going with the PS3, I am pretty stoked to say the least as my gaming time has been drastically cut short due to horrible internet access where I live. Offline console with the occasional internet multiplay/patching session at friends house should fit perfectly with my current situation.

I am very glad for a console version.
Edited by sneakytails#1320 on 6/14/2013 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You don't need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to download patches on the 360 sneaky^ Nor do you need one to play offline. I haven't paid for Gold in years.

Unless you're actually talking about the Xbox One and PS4?
Reply Quote
So patching on the XBOX can take place online without xbox live subscription?
Reply Quote
On the Xbox 360, yes you can patch without a subscription, you just need to be connected to the internet. You really only need Gold if you want to play online.

I'm not sure how it'll work on the Xbox One however.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
im looking forward to playing on 360 there hasnt been a good role playing game on console since D1 on ps1 btw who else remembers that
Reply Quote
This just reminds of the inability of the demon hunter equiping melee on the console version, and this is not the only area where they mess up with the console version, I still can't believe that soon After they released the game for old gen, they wouldn't support it ...it was a big let down, for all people that bought the UEE for xbox 360, or ps3, people from poorer countries (like me) that can't even dream in afford for a new console right away, were put aside, I felt like I was cheated, cause with all the equipment blizzard has it would be an easy trick to update at least to 2.1 (that's a huge change) but instead they decide to meet our replies with silence... I understand how this game business work, but even then... this is a lack of love with poorer supporters ....
About the fact that it would be heavy on old gen...C'mon!! we play games like skyrim on xbox (a lot heavier) diablo 3 with some updates would'nt be an issue .

If you agree with this, or at least would like to help, please sign the petition and help our voices be heard out!!
Don't get a bad idea about us, we like you, want to enjoy the game, and if u guys who are also playing the new version, care a least, plz help us to achieve this goal ^^ https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-entertainment-upgrade-reaper-of-souls-xbox-360-and-ps3-to-2-1-0
Reply Quote
Really bro? On a 2 year old post? Anyways....PS4/XB1 get updated because the structure is so close to PC it's rather easy to do the updates.

PS3/360 are old structure and STILL more demanding when it comes to port and code than the new generation.

If you can't afford it then that's just 2 bad, they are not gonna waste time and money on old gen when it makes no sense business wise.
Reply Quote
04/19/2015 08:10 AMPosted by Alphawolf72
This just reminds of the inability of the demon hunter equiping melee on the console version, and this is not the only area where they mess up with the console version, I still can't believe that soon After they released the game for old gen, they wouldn't support it ...it was a big let down, for all people that bought the UEE for xbox 360, or ps3, people from poorer countries (like me) that can't even dream in afford for a new console right away, were put aside, I felt like I was cheated, cause with all the equipment blizzard has it would be an easy trick to update at least to 2.1 (that's a huge change) but instead they decide to meet our replies with silence... I understand how this game business work, but even then... this is a lack of love with poorer supporters ....
About the fact that it would be heavy on old gen...C'mon!! we play games like skyrim on xbox (a lot heavier) diablo 3 with some updates would'nt be an issue .

If you agree with this, or at least would like to help, please sign the petition and help our voices be heard out!!
Don't get a bad idea about us, we like you, want to enjoy the game, and if u guys who are also playing the new version, care a least, plz help us to achieve this goal ^^ https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-entertainment-upgrade-reaper-of-souls-xbox-360-and-ps3-to-2-1-0

You dont know what you're even talking about. All the different things and items added to the current version. Wouldnt even rum that good on last gen. They have to cut down on things as it is on last gen just to get it to run good. Get over it. If you want the latest support. Get a CURRENT GEN console.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]