Diablo® III

Best all-around RF build challenge: Completed

Winner (170m): celegans with RF/Strafe build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281328892?page=2#34
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281328892?page=3#51 (mp10 uber solo)

Must stick to a same RF build for all 5 challenges. Everything is solo. Best video with the quickest completion, less death and cheapest gears will be rewarded 100m gold as well as any bonus that completed.

Challenge No. 1 - mp10 act 2 oasis elites clearance and keywarden (keywarden shield rejected RF).
Challenge No. 2 - mp10 act 2 belial (huge paper dps and ehp test).
Challenge No. 3 - mp10 act 3 skycrown battlements elites cleanrance and keywarden (fire damage test, and quick and runaway elites test).
Challenge No. 4 - mp10 act 4 key/plan run (huge disc test since mobs will interrupt your RF flow often).
Challenge No. 5 - mp10 act 1 field of misery elites clearance and keywarden (huge AOE and crowd control test)

Bonus 1: killed every single goblin alone the way (20m)
Bonus 2: Indicated that you used the same gears for all 5 challenges (20m)
Bonus 3: mp10 uber solo (50m).
Bonus 4: 0 death (20m)

-- EDIT --
Competition to be finished by the end of this month.

Other submission:

Godlike with RF/Bola/Spike build (missed challenge 3 - 5)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281328892?page=2#33
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281328892?page=2#36

THIEF2004 with RF/Bola/Spike build (missed challenge 3 and 5)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281328892?page=2#39
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281328892?page=2#40

Cameo (missed challenge 2 - 5)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281328892?page=3#47
Edited by caiqian#1669 on 6/29/2013 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
nice idea
Reply Quote
tough...
Reply Quote
Yes, I knew. I could not do belial and I was dead too much than I would like to that made me so angry. :D
Edited by caiqian#1669 on 6/14/2013 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Im poor. Can I be funded the 210m? :)
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 09:15 PMPosted by caiqian
Must stick to a same RF build for all 5 challenges.

no way... act2 keywarden almost requires a different build than standard RF...

no reason not to switch a couple runes or abilities depending on the situation

06/13/2013 09:15 PMPosted by caiqian
cheapest gears

guess im out xD

i think the challenge series is a good idea, but more general challenges maybe?
Reply Quote
Yeah not everyone can throw 210m like it was nothing....
Reply Quote

no way... act2 keywarden almost requires a different build than standard RF...

no reason not to switch a couple runes or abilities depending on the situation

At least this looks like promising,
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9244764505#7
Reply Quote
So cheapest gear or quickest completion wins? Define clearly your judging criteria.
Reply Quote
It is the balance of 3 - completion time, time of death, and gear price. For example, if one guy competed in 30mins with 2b of gear, and the other finished in 35mins with 500m of gears. The second won since this 1.5b more gear investment is inefficient for only 5mins completion time improvement.
Edited by caiqian#1669 on 6/14/2013 8:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What about using crafted items? The cost would be way lower.
Reply Quote
Must stick to a same RF build for all 5 challenges. Everything is solo. Best video with the quickest completion, less death and cheapest gears will be rewarded 100m gold as well as any bonus that completed.

Challenge No. 1 - mp10 act 2 oasis elites clearance and keywarden (keywarden shield rejected RF).
Challenge No. 2 - mp10 act 2 belial (huge paper dps and ehp test).
Challenge No. 3 - mp10 act 3 skycrown battlements elites cleanrance and keywarden (fire damage test, and quick and runaway elites test).
Challenge No. 4 - mp10 act 4 key/plan run (huge disc test since mobs will interrupt your RF flow often).
Challenge No. 5 - mp10 act 1 field of misery elites clearance and keywarden (huge AOE and crowd control test)

Bonus 1: killed every single goblin alone the way (20m)
Bonus 2: Indicated that you used the same gears for all 5 challenges (20m)
Bonus 3: mp10 uber solo (50m).
Bonus 4: 0 death (20m)

From personal experience on these boards, I've learned that any challenges that are actually a challenge and/or require people to step out of their comfort zones (such as this thread) usually gets ignored and dismissed. Here's a free bump for you though and GL.
Reply Quote
From personal experience on these boards, I've learned that any challenges that are actually a challenge and/or require people to step out of their comfort zones (such as this thread) usually gets ignored and dismissed. Here's a free bump for you though and GL.

I don't think that is the problem with this thread. To get a mp10 fast rapid fire build, you need more than 100m to build it. So by doing this you lose more than you can gain...

Take myself for example, my gear is about 3b (that is how much I spent, including the crafts), and my gear are not for rapid fire build, If the mobs moves away from my damage point I will very likely die.

...edit

so I tested my skills at big B inferno mp10. you can find the build on profile.
the 1st mode took about 1.32 min,
and the 2nd mode 1-shotted me.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 6/14/2013 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My personal opinion, the challenge is too long and difficult for many DH.

Why don't we have a challenge to see who can kill SB & Kulle fastest without follower and boar? Can use any set up.

Everyone is welcome to donate to the pool and I will safeguard the gold (LOL - trust). Once reach 2 bil, we will kick start. What do you think?

If good feedback, I will start a new thread on this. I start off with 100m into the pool.
Reply Quote

I don't think that is the problem with this thread. To get a mp10 fast rapid fire build, you need more than 100m to build it. So by doing this you lose more than you can gain...

Take myself for example, my gear is about 3b (that is how much I spent, including the crafts), and my gear are not for rapid fire build, If the mobs moves away from my damage point I will very likely die.

I understand what you're saying, though I believe this challenge was meant for geared out DH's. 100 mil to DH's that are already claiming they have the best RF spec is chump change. I do feel however, that the challenge is a bit long.

I'm in the same boat as you, where I don't, and will never run an R.Kelly spec and won't claim I can make/have an awesome one, so this challenge is IMO not meant for us. Now if there was a "fastest no disc skills mp 10 challenge" thread, I'd be the first one in line to attempt :D
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 6/14/2013 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 05:57 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
I do feel however, that the challenge is a bit long

I don't think the challenge is "a bit" long, its TOO LONG. Doing 5 different runs at 5 different place will take more than an hour to complete.

Anyways I did a Belial run, and found that this is for a TANK TANK DH, not for someone like me, who don't like to sit and shot. Would be fun to join a "no disc" run, but at the same time it is a hatred generator + hatred spender run.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 6/14/2013 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I don't think the challenge is "a bit" long, its TOO LONG. Doing 5 different runs at 5 different place will take more than an hour to complete.

Ya I did under-exaggerate the time it takes. You're right :P

Anyways I did a Belial run, and found that this is for a TANK TANK DH, not for someone like me, who don't like to sit and shot. Would be fun to join a "no disc" run, but at the same time it is a hatred generator + hatred spender run.

I concur.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 05:08 PMPosted by GodIike
What about using crafted items? The cost would be way lower.

Account bound crafted archon items are very much welcome. The value of those will be calculated as a similar non-acount bound items. For example, if you have an archon shoulder, I would calculate the value of it to a similar Vile Ward.
Reply Quote

...edit

so I tested my skills at big B inferno mp10. you can find the build on profile.
the 1st mode took about 1.32 min,
and the 2nd mode 1-shotted me.

I think this is one of the data that proved that DH is not in par with other classes for high mp, since other classes could complete those challenges and bonus just fine while DH is just out of reach.
Edited by caiqian#1669 on 6/15/2013 5:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My personal opinion, the challenge is too long and difficult for many DH.

Why don't we have a challenge to see who can kill SB & Kulle fastest without follower and boar? Can use any set up.

Everyone is welcome to donate to the pool and I will safeguard the gold (LOL - trust). Once reach 2 bil, we will kick start. What do you think?

If good feedback, I will start a new thread on this. I start off with 100m into the pool.

Haha, that is good one too, and I also want to see someone DH to kick Belial !@# out first :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]