Diablo® III

360 VS PS3 Pre-order bonus items

Can someone explain to me why the PS3 is going to have half a dozen more pre-order items than the 360?
Reply Quote
aliens.
Reply Quote
^ sounds legit!
Reply Quote
I think its in this E3 video at around 1:45, observe Jay Wilson's cousins brothers half uncle...he use to work for Sony and that's why you got more items in the PS3 version.

Really...do any of them matter at lvl 60? Nah.

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html
Reply Quote
I don't think they were originally planning to have the game for xbox.
Reply Quote
i pre ordered xbox 360 while my room mate got the ps3 pre order so we have all 3 pc,xbox and ps3 we love diablo 3 :)
Reply Quote
it'll be due to Sony bending over backwards to ensure they get the largest portion of the D3 console market. it appears Microsoft are too busy focusing on next-gen tv to bother with gamers.

aside from that, you can't really have playstation exclusive character inspired gear (Drake, stuff from Journey) turning up on the xbox platform. i suppose there are xbox exclusives. the equivalent would be what? Master Chief helm? Fez' fez?
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Bannor
Can someone explain to me why the PS3 is going to have half a dozen more pre-order items than the 360?

Contract with Sony.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It could be many factors, one could be the size of the game compared to the capacity of a blu-ray vs a dvd. maybe blizz has more room to work with a ps3 disc, but judging the small file sizes of the items, and most likely the fact that it will be a download code anyways make it less likely than the fact that its probably some deal that Blizz made with Sony.
Since the game was supposed to be only on ps3 when it was first announced, probably Microsoft made a bit later on to bring it to their console and, to keep Sony from crying foul Blizz added a few game items to sway the sales in their favor. but whos to say later on microsost wont get their own exclusives as dlc? halo/GoW armor or items maybe?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
06/18/2013 09:41 PMPosted by DamienJohn

the pre order items are the exact same, u get the other stuff if u buy the ps3 version, pre order or not
Reply Quote
If you look at alot of original comments and previews/commercials, when the leaks starting coming out about the console version, i never once say them mention xbox, or just console, it was all about ((coming to PS3))
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
06/18/2013 09:41 PMPosted by DamienJohn

Contract with Sony.

Pretty much this, from what I remember of the original announcement it was intended to be a PS3 exclusive, And not go to the Xbox
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Sony is most likely trying to pay Blizzard to go exclusive games with them. Blizzard in return says " No but you can pay me to promote you"
-Now Blizzard sells PS4s and isn't allowed to say the word Xbox One or they will be forced to hara-kiri

How are you still on these forums? like seriously, gtfo dude. You're just an annoyance.
Reply Quote
wean you get lvl cap all that preorder stuff gose out the window
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]