Diablo® III

It's official, these guys can't design items.

Community Manager
06/11/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Nishi
I don't expect these items to change, but it would be nice if you could pass on what I'm trying to say.

Happy to!
Reply Quote
Will we PC players ever see these items for us? I know they are cosmetic and all, but i just like to collect stuff :) so i hope one day we might get these items also available to us, especially those red angel wings
Reply Quote
Indestructible is totally meaningless in a game where everything can be repaired with just few clicks.

Zod runes is so amazing because the 'cost' of repair scales according to how powerful the item you refine with. That and items are perishable, making those 'indestructible' more treasured.
Reply Quote
[quote]
Infernal Helm - Required level: 8

It clearly states on the console pre-order webpage that this will be "wearable at Level 1"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10174614/new-diablo%C2%AE-iii-console-preorder-bonuses-and-exclusives-6-11-2013
Edited by BRAVEHEART67#6268 on 6/12/2013 1:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Drake's Amulet:
+ 25 Dexterity
+ 8% movement speed
+ Magic find 30%
+ Gold Find 40%
+ Pickup Radius +5
+ Ignore Durability

Now the affects of this item are noticeable, and although the item has +dexterity, that's still a useful stat for everyone early on. The item isn't so powerful that the player never wants to replace it either.

I don't agree with you on that one. These flavor items lack main stats because they are intended to suit every class in the game,. Putting Dex on the amulet will make it a clear winner to Monk and DH. You are right saying that Dexterity is useful to all classes, but it isn't equally useful to all of them. But my main point against putting Dex is new players. It would just confuse them. Some may think stacking Dex on their Barbs is the way to go, such misconception is already present. Moreover, at lower levels avoidance is the stat you need the least - enemies are slow and projectiles are rare. As for experienced players, they will just melt the demons and undead in a rush to lv60 and the only stat they will care about is movement speed (unless Hardcore ofc).
Reply Quote
I don't agree with you on that one. These flavor items lack main stats because they are intended to suit every class in the game,.
Well instead of suiting every class they end up suiting none of them. I don't think anyone is going to be confused if the item had another classes' primary stat, we have to give people SOME credit, right? If it was really an issue though, they could just add Int/Str/Vit as well.
Some may think stacking Dex on their Barbs is the way to go, such misconception is already present.
There's only so much you can or should do for people that are going to be so easily confused. At some point you just have to say "these are the rules of the game, hope you've learned something along the way, go play". At that point the hand-holding ends and the player needs to be able to make choices without having everything handed to them or simplified down for them.
Edited by Nishi#1809 on 6/12/2013 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Those red crimson wings look awesome. But no, I will not buy that game for consoles. I'm not that crazy
Reply Quote
I wouldnt mind these items becoming the first legendary items to actually level up with your character.
Reply Quote
Those should be the rewards to everyone for finishing inferno to level your alts. Not to blitz through the game first time around. Provides a bit more incentive to finish the game...
Reply Quote
View profile
To an intelligent and creative player, those
items have their uses, including the movement
speed on the shoulders.
Why do people choose to bash things they don't
understand and embarrass themselves?
Reply Quote
Did they really call these items "fun"? Level 57 for an amulet vvith a "ignores durability" stat? As far as I knovv, jevvelry doesn't (or shouldn't) break anyvvay. Are you guys spending time on anything useful?
Reply Quote
speed on the shoulders.
Oh my bad. Yea I guess using weak gear is now considered intelligent and creative. Didn't know, sorry. I should be so embarrassed for pointing out flaws in the design of legendary items.
Reply Quote
Oh man, I would LOVE to have those Journey shoulders in the PC Version. How about some love for us Blizzard? Journey is one of my favorite games, those shoulders are awesome.
Reply Quote
speed on the shoulders.

Yeah clearly using some garbage stats item with an attribute that doesn't normally come with it makes you smart and creative and worthy of legendary status.

How about this one: no dura loss, thorns, and socket on lev 57 shoulders. OMG socket on shoulders!? LEGENDARY!
Reply Quote
Alright, looks like the tooltips are incorrect on most of the items, which I originally missed in your post as the thing you were calling out. (I'm going to request that we get new shots taken.)

Infernal Helm - Required level: n/a
The Hero's Journey, Leroric's Gauntlets, and Drake's Amulet - Required level: 1
Leah's Ring - Required level: 60

*updated required levels

So.. two days later... still no updated pictures showing the correct values.
And you wonder why people are judging the company so negative.

It's on your front page for D's sake!!!

Get your lazy asses out of that chair and do something or I'll nominate you for the slowest gaming company evah!

(back to the game... must. farm.)
Reply Quote
The game guide could use some updating too.
Reply Quote
Maybe Lylirra requested new shots to be taken, and they said "AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT"
Reply Quote
This is super disheartening. These are supposed to be bonus items for preordering.. you know, like a incentive yes? So why the hell are the stats are so terrible? Ignores durability loss? Reduces ranged damage by 1%? Please tell me this is a joke. Who is designing these items? This kind of thing really makes me wonder whether that person has actually PLAYED the game.
Reply Quote
This is super disheartening. These are supposed to be bonus items for preordering.. you know, like a incentive yes? So why the hell are the stats are so terrible? Ignores durability loss? Reduces ranged damage by 1%? Please tell me this is a joke. Who is designing these items? This kind of thing really makes me wonder whether that person has actually PLAYED the game.
I think anyone that's expecting itemization to be much improved in the console version is going to be very disappointed. So far they haven't shown us anything that shows that they've learned from the previous mistakes made.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hey there everyone!

I just wanted to jump in to let you know what we've spent some time re-evaluating these items and have updated the Diablo III Console Preorder Bonuses and Exclusives blog with some corrected tooltips.

The required levels on these items are now as follows:

• "Infernal Helm," "The Hero's Journey," "Drake's Amulet," and "Leah's Ring" - Required level: 1
  • "Leoric's Gauntlets" - Required level: 30
  • Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]