Diablo® III

What if the fallen star...

Is really the black soulstone, which falls down from heaven at the end of Act IV?

"Misinterpreted, prophecies can be." -Yoda
Reply Quote
Also, here's a fraction of the prophecy as told by Brother Malachi in act 1, when you're on the quest to retrieve the sword pieces:

"What was once one shall become four. Though the three shall become one, never again will the four be whole."

At first glance, this appears to be referring to Tyrael and the three sword pieces, but that wouldn't make sense because Tyrael and the sword DO become whole. In light of that, maybe it's referring to something else that will be revealed in the expansion?
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Psychonaut
"What was once one shall become four. Though the three shall become one, never again will the four be whole."

Maybe the angels? Justice, hope, fate and valor they are 4 "three shall become one, never again will the four be whole" either something will happen to Imperius or Tyrael will die which will leave only 3 of them.
Reply Quote
I'm a little confused.. are you implying that the Black Soulstone went backwards in time?
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 07:41 PMPosted by Chris
I'm a little confused.. are you implying that the Black Soulstone went backwards in time?

No, what I think he's saying is this: the fallen star was prophesied. However, Tyreal wasn't the fallen star. Instead, The black soulstone which we see falling from the heavens at the end of the game (final cinematic) may be the fallen star in the prophecy; in which case, it did not go backwards in time, we have yet to see it.

@ OP I have wondered that from the beginning.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 02:07 AMPosted by Nanaki

No, what I think he's saying is this: the fallen star was prophesied. However, Tyreal wasn't the fallen star. Instead, The black soulstone which we see falling from the heavens at the end of the game (final cinematic) may be the fallen star in the prophecy; in which case, it did not go backwards in time, we have yet to see it.

@ OP I have wondered that from the beginning.

Which is an interesting theory. If this is the case all parts of the prophecy that take place after the fallen star never really happened yet. The prophecy never started. Every similarity is merely a coincidence.
Reply Quote
Reslin I think we changed the prophecy. Our hero can change the fate of those around him/her and Itherael can't see the hero fate it's unwritten in his scroll.
Reply Quote

No, the four are the 3 sword pieces + a confused Tyrael. Then the 3 shall become one (the sword), but the 4 shall never be whole because Tyrael will no longer be an angel. Only the 3 (the sword) is still angelic of nature, but himself is not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So uh.. how's this not been thought of?

Council = 1. Individual angels on the council = 4.

Council is shattered.

Three shall become one. Diablo Mephisto Baal. Merged in the black soulstone to become the Prime Evil, expressed as Diablo Prime.

Four shall never be whole.. council will never be all 4 of them again. Basically another buildup for Imperius to be a loot pinata.
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 05:01 AMPosted by Utam
Reslin I think we changed the prophecy. Our hero can change the fate of those around him/her and Itherael can't see the hero fate it's unwritten in his scroll.

Yes I agree but remember there's two expansions. Our character may not have yet changed fate.
Reply Quote

This is simple if you really dissect it.

What was one, shall become four. - Tyreal and El'druin are one. ArchAngel and Sword.
though the three shall become one - Though El'druin will be reforged
never again will the four be whole. - Tyreal WILL wield El'druin again, but he will never be ArchAngel
Reply Quote
. . . And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
as Justice falls upon the world of men.

Valor shall turn to Wrath -

and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.

Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all -

as Fate lies shattered forever.

This is the prophecy regarding the Arch Angels.
Reply Quote
What was one, shall become four,
though the three shall become one,
never again will the four be whole

The prophecy is about Tyreal and his sword. Tyreal loses his memory when the sword shatters because it is part of him. Even though the sword is reassembled, he never becomes the Aspect of Justice again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]