Diablo® III

Question/Ideas for the developers

Nephalem valor. I was always curious in the beginning why you could not change your skills during nephalem valor. Naturally it seemed to make sense and I believe I heard so you can learn to use a certain skill set more accurately or at least try to stick with one instead of a quick switch out. However, for me personally having been playing the game now for over a year, it just seems to be more of a hassle than anything. For example: I am doing an uber run with a few fellows. I want to run through monsters to get nephalem stacks with a boar companion for my Demon Hunter for life regeneration and resistances. Once that is done and we are facing the ubers, I'd rather use my bat companion for hatred regeneration and kite around the bosses. I of course can't change the skills in game, and thus feel left adaptable and underwhelmed with the same old stuck skills currently being used. It seems unnecessary to me that it's the vice used in balance with getting nephalem stacks. Nephalem is of course a really cool concept to me, but feeling trapped in my character is absolutely not. It takes away from the gameplay for me personally and I feel I become more and more tiresome with that barrier. Have there been any thoughts or concerns with it or to perhaps change it in some manner?

In game rewards vs ladder- A lot of players have been personally taking turns commenting on ladder systems being implemented in the future. IMO, I'm not really to concerned with that nor really enjoyed it in Diablo 2. You grind your character out, find super cool items, become really powerful, then ladder resets. That didn't really catch on with me much, and honestly I'd hate to make a character just for a ladder system. I definitely wouldn't mind a universal rank being implemented in game like a character calculator that shows top players.

This isn't Diablo 2 to me and as much as we have hardcore fans of the previous in the series (me as well) I just think the game would be so much cooler if it went further in its own direction. For example in-game rewards. If you get to paragon level 100 you automatically get a random legendary drop. Or perhaps an experience boost for 1 hour for every 10 levels in paragon. Ex. Level 10 - 20% experience boost, level 20 18% experience boost, level 30 16% experience boost. Or bonus games almost like ubers. Instead of focusing on just pvp, why not throw in some different twists. Capture the Zombie Head for example. Players find a zombie, kill it and run with their head while dodging each other's attacks. Person who has the head the longest wins of course and say gets a bonus of 10% magic find for 30 minutes or perhaps gets rewarded ACTUAL experience. Here's another just for kicks. Warlord of Blood- You have to fight an enormous army of demons and skeletons that do bleed damage, and then finally face the war lord of blood. A new boss that curses you, in which certain items or skills become unavailable for a few seconds, etc. Or whatever, happened to Farnham the drunk? Perhaps he's a drunk zombie, or just drunk? (We can't tell the difference anyway) But we have to go find his lost ale in a dungeon somewhere.

For me the game absolutely needs its core problem looked at which is itemization, but what else on the side? I think for me, this game would become BEYOND Diablo 2 if we felt more involved in what our characters were doing. Bonuses, new monsters, character customization. I know the new game director has mentioned a few, but didn't really know how in depth he felt this game could go or would go over time.

Curious, but if there a specific scale for environmental damage through the difficulties? They seem to drastically scale down as the game becomes harder in general. This makes sense to some extent. However, say if I wanted to go for the achievement 666 chandeliers falling on monsters. I'm a level 94 paragon, and would like to do this in inferno to gain progress in it and gain experience, but it's a lot simpler in normal-hell difficulties. Has it ever been pondered to scale environment damage to the player damage in the game. Or doing something else so the environment doesn't seem so unnecessary in higher difficulties.

Sorry if this seemed long or out there, but I figured instead of ranting like most other players do, that I'd make the conversation/question interesting and try to keep things more pro-active.
Edited by Matheyus#1507 on 6/13/2013 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nephalem valor. I was always curious in the beginning why you could not change your skills during nephalem valor. Naturally it seemed to make sense and I believe I heard so you can learn to use a certain skill set more accurately or at least try to stick with one instead of a quick switch out. However, for me personally having been playing the game now for over a year, it just seems to be more of a hassle than anything. For example: I am doing an uber run with a few fellows. I want to run through monsters to get nephalem stacks with a boar companion for my Demon Hunter for life regeneration and resistances. Once that is done and we are facing the ubers, I'd rather use my bat companion for hatred regeneration and kite around the bosses. I of course can't change the skills in game, and thus feel left adaptable and underwhelmed with the same old stuck skills currently being used. It seems unnecessary to me that it's the vice used in balance with getting nephalem stacks. Nephalem is of course a really cool concept to me, but feeling trapped in my character is absolutely not. It takes away from the gameplay for me personally and I feel I become more and more tiresome with that barrier. Have there been any thoughts or concerns with it or to perhaps change it in some manner?

In game rewards vs ladder- A lot of players have been personally taking turns commenting on ladder systems being implemented in the future. IMO, I'm not really to concerned with that nor really enjoyed it in Diablo 2. You grind your character out, find super cool items, become really powerful, then ladder resets. That didn't really catch on with me much, and honestly I'd hate to make a character just for a ladder system. I definitely wouldn't mind a universal rank being implemented in game like a character calculator that shows top players.

This isn't Diablo 2 to me and as much as we have hardcore fans of the previous in the series (me as well) I just think the game would be so much cooler if it went further in its own direction. For example in-game rewards. If you get to paragon level 100 you automatically get a random legendary drop. Or perhaps an experience boost for 1 hour for every 10 levels in paragon. Ex. Level 10 - 20% experience boost, level 20 18% experience boost, level 30 16% experience boost. Or bonus games almost like ubers. Instead of focusing on just pvp, why not throw in some different twists. Capture the Zombie Head for example. Players find a zombie, kill it and run with their head while dodging each other's attacks. Person who has the head the longest wins of course and say gets a bonus of 10% magic find for 30 minutes or perhaps gets rewarded ACTUAL experience. Here's another just for kicks. Warlord of Blood- You have to fight an enormous army of demons and skeletons that do bleed damage, and then finally face the war lord of blood. A new boss that curses you, in which certain items or skills become unavailable for a few seconds, etc. Or whatever, happened to Farnham the drunk? Perhaps he's a drunk zombie, or just drunk? (We can't tell the difference anyway) But we have to go find his lost ale in a dungeon somewhere.

For me the game absolutely needs its core problem looked at which is itemization, but what else on the side? I think for me, this game would become BEYOND Diablo 2 if we felt more involved in what our characters were doing. Bonuses, new monsters, character customization. I know the new game director has mentioned a few, but didn't really know how in depth he felt this game could go or would go over time.

Curious, but if there a specific scale for environmental damage through the difficulties? They seem to drastically scale down as the game becomes harder in general. This makes sense to some extent. However, say if I wanted to go for the achievement 666 chandeliers falling on monsters. I'm a level 94 paragon, and would like to do this in inferno to gain progress in it and gain experience, but it's a lot simpler in normal-hell difficulties. Has it ever been pondered to scale environment damage to the player damage in the game. Or doing something else so the environment doesn't seem so unnecessary in higher difficulties.

Sorry if this seemed long or out there, but I figured instead of ranting like most other players do, that I'd make the conversation/question interesting and try to keep things more pro-active.

Wrong forum.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]