Diablo® III

cloud of bats crit?

it seems that cloud of bats is the only DoT skill that individual ticks can crit? is this correct and intended? with other bat skills i get no crit ticks, i have only crit damage number displayed... anyone have any information on why this is or if it will stay in the game.
Reply Quote
View profile
Channeled spells crit, they just don't show it.
Reply Quote
View profile
i don't think cloud of bats is a DoT because it is fire dmg and is immediate. That's why the crit #'s show up.

Plague bats is a DoT and although it is critting, the numbers don't show up on the screen
Reply Quote
The crit numbers always show up but on DoTs it will stay white damage, hence why confusing.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure im following here, when i ran cloud of bats the other day i would only see white number and never a yellow large crit number.

Is it actually critting but im not seeing the damage number displayed? Does cloud of bats crit?
Reply Quote
cloud of bats will crit with yellow numbers. for example plague bats will not it will only crit white damage numbers.
Reply Quote
DOT skills crt but it just dont show it.
Reply Quote
I don't know where the post is but a developer talked about DoTs critting.

They do crit, the problem is that they hit something like 90 x a sec or some number.

So since all those 90 hits are combined into 1 number and some of them may have crit and some may not have the devs just made the numbers white instead of yellow.

45 of the tics could have crit and 45 of them could not have. The only way to tell is larger white numbers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]