Diablo® III

CO-OP live sign in

So yes, im buying XBOX version of D3. My question is about signing in to xbox live to play together. Will the second player need an xbox live account.. will second player need a xbox gold account to sign in to xbox live , cuz I doubt ill pay for 2 gold subscriptions on one xbox... can I even have two gold accounts on one xbox.. How does it all work ???
Reply Quote
Gold Memberships are tied to the specific accounts. You can have multiple accounts on a single console, so you can have multiple gold memberships.

Most likely you will need a second account signed in along with yours to do local multiplayer.

Gold is not required to sign into Xbox Live. It is, however, required to play online multiplayer games through Xbox Live
Reply Quote
Great question and I would hope it works like this...

3 other friends come over, they don't have Xbox live accounts but want to play. You create local Xbox profiles for them, or they can, and they can all play on your couch next to you. Their characters get saved locally to your Xbox.

If the friends all have Xbox live accounts, they can all log in and I'd hope d3 has a feature to let those players save their characters to the cloud so they can continue their progress back at home.

But somehow knowing Blizzard, this isn't available yet, coming 'soon'.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Each player will need a profile in order to play on the Xbox 360 (all of these profiles can be from the same machine, or not). Silver and Gold accounts can download their profile (and character save) from cloud storage, but Silver accounts will need an external storage device to save any progress they make when they're playing on a friends console. Gold accounts will have the additional option of cloud storage to save their characters. I'll have to ask around to make sure that multiple Silver profiles on one machine can save to its hard drive, but I'll update this thread when I find out.
Reply Quote
Microsoft sure do like to make things complicated with their online components huh? :P
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Grimiku
Each player will need a profile in order to play on the Xbox 360 (all of these profiles can be from the same machine, or not). Silver and Gold accounts can download their profile (and character save) from cloud storage, but Silver accounts will need an external storage device to save any progress they make when they're playing on a friends console. Gold accounts will have the additional option of cloud storage to save their characters. I'll have to ask around to make sure that multiple Silver profiles on one machine can save to its hard drive, but I'll update this thread when I find out.

I'm sure they do with regards to that last part... considering everything else seems to simply be the way the console itself functions and has nothing do with D3 itself.

"Silver" accounts are now called "Free" accounts, by the way... as a way to make them less confusing.

There are also offline profiles which do not have an Xbox Live account attached to them and cannot connect to the internet. They also take roughly 30 seconds to set up. Will these be able to play Diablo 3? Or do you have to have an account with an online presence to be able to play the game?
Reply Quote
How about this:

Suppose I'm playing on my Gold account online with a friend of mine who is also on a Gold account. Would a player without a Gold account be able to join us by playing locally with me on my console?

As far as I know, Silver accounts can't play online, and in other games, a player without a Gold account would have to sign in as a guest of the Gold account player to mix local and online gaming (Mercy and Mercy1 have joined the game!). However, if each player needs his or her own account to play at all, it seems like you wouldn't be able to guest.
Edited by Mercy#1158 on 6/14/2013 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome Thank you everyone :)
Reply Quote
Confirmed that BOTH accounts will require a gold subscription in order to be able to play online. The USB save with silver account works as far as saving but you can only play locally or via system link.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 12:34 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Microsoft sure do like to make things complicated with their online components huh? :P

All has been rectified with the Xbox One. If one player has Xbox Gold, all players on that box share the benefits equally.
Reply Quote
What I don't understand is why they can't simply implement this feature for the 360 as well. Because it's not like the 360 is going away to the antique shelf anytime soon. Games will still be made for it for at least a couple more years and I'm sure there will be an outcry of 360 owners who will want the same features in games released for both 360 and Xbox One. Just a thought.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]