Diablo® III

@Wyatt Cheng thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDH6-pisfEc

^ check out he's interview.

As a long term Demon Hunter I was happy to hear you recognizing that this class needs some buffs. I think that we're all waiting for you guys to announce some serious buffs and re-work in the DH game mechanics.

You were talking about adding more affixes in gloves. But haven't you guys though off adding more interesting affixes in shoulders, bracers, belts and boots? Mainly rare belts and boots. Only a very tiny population of players of the game uses this items of this two types.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
Yet, a well geared DH does fine; and a very well geared DH can own this game as well as anyone else.

The fact that the little % of top end Demon Hunters can farm MP10 like other classes doesn't mean that this class doesn't needs buffs.
A 400K unbuffed DH can farm efficiently in MP10. But a 300K~350K unbuffed DPS Monk and Barbarian will farm more efficiently.
Reply Quote
Demon Hunter, Barb & Wiz are perfectly fine
Monk & Witch Doctor needs to be buffed/overhauled, especially Witch Doctor
Reply Quote
Demon Hunter, Barb & Wiz are perfectly fine
Monk & Witch Doctor needs to be buffed/overhauled, especially Witch Doctor

Troll? Monk and Witch Doctors are OP now.
Reply Quote
And the several responses in this thread already exemplify the "class balance" discussion of every online RPG ever. "My class is weak!" "Get real, your class is OP, MY class is weak!" "What are you talking about!? I get demolished unless I have top-tier gear!" "That's the same for every class, at least your gear is 1/3 the price!" And so on...

I think all classes have their strengths, and I haven't felt weak on any of them since waaaaay back when I started. Barb actually felt weak then because before they were decently geared, getting smacked in the face in Inferno was not fun.

Presently, I feel like almost every build of every class is perfectly serviceable. Some, namely WW Barbs, seem a little bit OP, but it doesn't bother me, because I do just fine. Others, namely DH, seem to have a rougher time at higher MPs. I'm sure they'll continue to tweak the game, but no class feels pathetically ineffective at the moment. That's my observation having played all 5 to MP 2-10, depending on how well geared they are.
Reply Quote
I wish they would do another one of those. Diablo.incgamers needs some love.
Reply Quote
I hadn't seen part two, so I do feel a little better about the DH prospects now. I'm convinced Wyatt gets whats wrong, but how much they actually fix is something else.

They're going to do something about one handers, some of our utterly useless passives and many of the low damage skills many DHs have been pointing out for months.
Edited by grumpyninja#1256 on 6/12/2013 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
DH has the biggest gear wall to farm efficiently and the lowest number of viable builds. The class needs major work.
Reply Quote
Those that don't realize the issues with DHs, have never played as a DH solo for any amount of time. All they see are DHs sitting back with their finger on the trigger with RF active.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I hadn't seen part two, so I do feel a little better about the DH prospects now. I'm convinced Wyatt gets whats wrong, but how much they actually fix is something else.

Since you missed the first part, just going to point out that you can find all three segments of the chat here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9773964/

Similarly, both diablo.somepage and Diablo IncGamers put together pretty amazing transcripts (if you prefer reading over watching). The transcript from IncGamers covers the major themes from the interview, while the transcript from diablo.somepage is a little more comprehensive, covering every line of dialogue exchanged between the developers and Archon. Pick your poison!

06/12/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Ignatius
I wish they would do another one of those.

Already working on it. :)
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Lylirra

Since you missed the first part, just going to point out that you can find all three segments of the chat here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9773964/

Similarly, both diablo.somepage and Diablo IncGamers put together pretty amazing transcripts (if you prefer reading over watching). The transcript from IncGamers covers the major themes from the interview, while the [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1555-candid-chats-with-wyatt-cheng-and-travis-day"]transcript from diablo.somepage[/url] is a little more comprehensive, covering every line of dialogue exchanged between the developers and Archon. Pick your poison!

06/12/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Ignatius
I wish they would do another one of those.

Already working on it. :)

Whatever happened to Wyatt's remarks at GDC 2013? Sounds like a community interest thing that a Community Manager might track down for the game community.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Whatever happened to Wyatt's remarks at GDC 2013? Sounds like a community interest thing that a Community Manager might track down for the game community.

The content is up on the GDC Vault, but the video of the presentation itself requires that you be a GDC member to view (that's a restriction on GDC's end, unfortunately, not ours).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Funny how a positive thread with a D3 dev's name in it doesn't get deleted. Yet the second a constructive criticism thread is posted with the same names it gets deleted.

Cool double standard.

Right from the forum guidelines.

"Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion."
Edited by Slovic#1661 on 6/12/2013 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
Yet, a well geared DH does fine; and a very well geared DH can own this game as well as anyone else.

LOL! this comment is so wrong i dont even know what to say. Even the top world DH says its pathetic how a much cheaper geared barb or monk out eDPS a DH by a ton. Gear isnt the issue its a fundamental flaw with the low damage multipliers of all the skills we have along with the inability to spam said skills like every other class along with the fact our skills cant be used together at the same time. We have to stop and use another then continue with another.

Thats why every top geared DH with over 400k unbuffed DPS myself included can just easily swap all our gear to a monk and buy a WKL/Rare/EF and destroy our DH's in eDPS. ALL the same gear except weapons lol and a nice rare weapon is a heck of a lot cheaper than a nice manticore.

Either way i doubt blizzard is going to buff DH's anywhere near the level they will and its kind of sad to hear in the interview that they made the mistake of nerfing and not giving us anything back early on in the games life cycle and the class that took the brunt of the nerfs was DH's. Meanwhile when the nerfs to procs from cm and ww and rltw came along blizzard chose to go softer since they learned nerfing down hardcore like they did DH's wasnt the way to go. Months later we are now seeing the effect of it, DH's have been overnerfed and we never received proper compensation.

Nerfing barbs or wiz will do nothing to help DH's when every other class in the game has incredible eDPS builds, barbs have hota spam ww and even rend now, monks drop bells all day and cyclone overawe, wizards just perma stunlock and spam 4 skills at once for tons of cumulative dps and even WD melt everything with cloud of bats. What they need to do is buff DH's because every other class in the game has received constant buffing while DH's have been hit with the nerf trains and never get anything in return. Rapid fire helped but its far from the end all solution.
Reply Quote
All the classes are fine if they have Billions in gear. People think that all barbs farm MP10 in seconds, the barbs clearing MP10 with ease are wearing billions of gear and have 350k+ unbuffed Doll DPS.

I have 240k Unbuffed (250 if I switch out gaunts) and MP10 is not worth my time, it takes forever to kill champ packs.

Monk/DH/WD/wizard gear is even more expensive then barbs. I love how people think that 80% of the player base is farming MP10 like its MP0.
Reply Quote
All the classes are fine if they have Billions in gear. People think that all barbs farm MP10 in seconds, the barbs clearing MP10 with ease are wearing billions of gear and have 350k+ unbuffed Doll DPS.

I have 240k Unbuffed (250 if I switch out gaunts) and MP10 is not worth my time, it takes forever to kill champ packs.

Monk/DH/WD/wizard gear is even more expensive then barbs. I love how people think that 80% of the player base is farming MP10 like its MP0.

barb can clear mp10 with millions in gear not billions.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Funny how a positive thread with a D3 dev's name in it doesn't get deleted. Yet the second a constructive criticism thread is posted with the same names it gets deleted.

Cool double standard.

Right from the forum guidelines.

"Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion."

Not to be nitpicky and all that, but Wyatt Cheng is not Blizzard, a blue, nor a community member. He's a developer.

And there's plenty of threads criticizing D3, on the front page of this forum even. I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find them. They're not all that hard to miss.
Reply Quote
good to see people take more notice of Wyatt Cheng comments. The guy understands the underlining issue with the demon hunter. The serious lack of eDPS of the class must be addressed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]