Diablo® III

@Wyatt Cheng thank you!

Community Manager
06/12/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Slovik
Funny how a positive thread with a D3 dev's name in it doesn't get deleted. Yet the second a constructive criticism thread is posted with the same names it gets deleted.

Link me one? That criteria alone isn't reason enough for a thread to be removed.

Constructive criticism is totally fine. Threads that include personal attacks, devolve into arguments and mud slinging, or are created simply to troll the community, however, are all candidates to be locked or removed.
Reply Quote
OMG, more poor DH -- Barb, Wiz and WD are so good -- whining.

If you don't like DH or think it underpowered, spin a new toon that isn't a DH until things change or not. The alternative is to just quit whining.

And for that I THANK YOU.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
06/12/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Lylirra
Funny how a positive thread with a D3 dev's name in it doesn't get deleted. Yet the second a constructive criticism thread is posted with the same names it gets deleted.

Link me one? That criteria alone isn't reason enough for a thread to be removed.

Constructive criticism is totally fine. Threads that include personal attacks, devolve into arguments and mud slinging, or are created simply to troll the community, however, are all candidates to be locked or removed.

With all respect, I can't link them because... they were deleted?
Reply Quote

If you don't like DH or think it underpowered, spin a new toon that isn't a DH until things change or not. The alternative is to just quit whining.

most DH's have -____-
Reply Quote

Heh, still not as annoying as Barbs (or any other people) threatening to leave the game if we touch them.
Reply Quote

so we should be punished for rolling a DPS class who is broken? its the players fault, and we should simply re-roll to another class to fix our issue with the class? am i reading that correctly?

all classes must have an equal potential to be played. The game has selection of classes for a reason. We're trying to enjoy the class we picked and we shouldn't be punished for that. The class clearly has serious eDPS issue, it must be addressed. It should not be ignored. Take look at monks, blizzard buffed them some time ago, and now they're more enjoyable to play. All we're asking is for the same treament. The class needs help, and we shouldn't solve it by saying "re-roll to another class".
Reply Quote
You can't immagine how happy I am to hear that frozen arrow is getting some love. It's BY FAR my favorite demon hunter skill and yet I can't use it because it falls short on multiple mobs.

Buff dual wield for great justice :)

I can't wait for next patch!
Reply Quote
The entire skill system needs to be remade, stacking boring attributes to counter cooldown/resource penalties is not synergy. The APS breakpoint thing is the only depth(?) in this game that is why you can only fix DH by increasing some of its skills' damage to 800% because it doesn't have a tornado skill.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/12/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Slovik

Links to deleted threads still actually exist, they'll just to point a "post has been deleted" page. It does require that you have the URL, though.

If you see any examples, let me know. Like I said, constructive threads with slightly deviant titles shouldn't be deleted (in most cases, we'll just change the title if the content is otherwise okay).
Reply Quote

Cool double standard.

Right from the forum guidelines.

"Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion."

Use your head a little bit. It's "frowned upon" because they want to promote positive discussion, not inspire a bunch of nerd-ragers to directly shout at/insult GMs/devs personally. If it's a positive point, of course it's moot, because there is no element of abuse. Seems pretty obvious.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Use your head a little bit. It's "frowned upon" because they want to promote positive discussion, not inspire a bunch of nerd-ragers to directly shout at/insult GMs/devs personally. If it's a positive point, of course it's moot, because there is no element of abuse. Seems pretty obvious.

Word.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Lylirra
Whatever happened to Wyatt's remarks at GDC 2013? Sounds like a community interest thing that a Community Manager might track down for the game community.

The content is up on the [url="http://www.gdcvault.com/"]GDC Vault[/url], but the video of the presentation itself requires that you be a [url="http://www.gdcvault.com/search.php#&category=free&firstfocus=&keyword=wyatt+cheng&conference_id="]GDC member[/url] to view (that's a restriction on GDC's end, unfortunately, not ours).

You don't have access to his speaking notes or the Powerpoint deck he/Blizzard created either? Are those now GDC property as well?
Reply Quote
Demon Hunter, Barb & Wiz are perfectly fine
Monk & Witch Doctor needs to be buffed/overhauled, especially Witch Doctor

Troll? Monk and Witch Doctors are OP now.

just as I thought.

When people get bored of Barbs and Wizards ... they start to see "monks" as OP as well.

Oh well. Nerfing is always much easier then actually trying to "fix" the game. Its easier to have 5 weak classes instead of 5 strong classes.
Reply Quote
Hate to say it, classes have mostly EHP/Synergy problems. Barb is done very well, by far the best scaling class in the game. The MP system just proves that only 1 class was designed leaps and bounds better.

Classes need to synergize and scale much better in higher MP. Barb does it extremely well, others? not as much unless you severely overgear it.
Reply Quote
Oh my, please don't add affixes to belts or shoulders. Gloves, no way. This would only make the "good" items rarer and more expensive. And crafting harder. I strongly disagree.

Add class specific gloves or belts. All for it. But please dont add affixes. I'm sure the majority of the d3 community doesn't wanna see thornes or health globes or thier shoulders Instead of vit or AR.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Slovik

Stop nitpicking
Reply Quote
Demon Hunter, Barb & Wiz are perfectly fine
Monk & Witch Doctor needs to be buffed/overhauled, especially Witch Doctor

Sorry, I disagree. You need actual playing time on all classes before making blanket statements like that.

1) Barbs are ok, but perma-immunity to any kind of cc effects makes them OP

2) Monks, imo, are the most balanced class right now.

3) Wizards need more build diversity aside from permafreeze and Archon. Permafreeze is a crutch. Take that away and wizards will be like DH without mobility.

4) DHs need buffs to their hatred spenders and resource generation.

5) Witch Doctors are OP in PVP. In PVE, their skills are everything Wizards wish they could have. The only advantage of wizards over WD is in resource generation. Arcane Power on Crit > Mana on Kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]