Diablo® III

Upgrading WD w/o breaking the bank?

I was wondering what you all thought the best way to upgrade my, or any, new witch doctor is without breaking the bank. What stats should be prioritized first/over others when looking for an upgrade? Or is it just save a ton of money an upgrade one piece at a time until everything is BIS?
Reply Quote
I would think the first step is to gear sufficiently all around, up to the limit of your budget. This will enable you to enjoy all aspects of the game, at the MP level that your budget allows.

From there, it's saving, flipping, upgrading, 1 or 2 pieces at a time. Until you are satisfied with your gear set up. The stats on one piece of gear may affect the overall gear stats, that is why your upgrades should consider 1 or 2 pieces at a time, to maintain the overall balance needed at MP10.

To complete MP10 solo, the lower end requirement will be somewhere around 180k DPS, 3250 Armor, 600 AR, 2900 Intel, 65k life (through Vit and %Life). Paragon levels do help in the stats department.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
@soxfan
it depends..how big is ur bank?

crafting is ur best friend.
Get a better crafts on ur bracers and ammy.

See my craft bracers on my WD ....
I have a good crafted ammy on WD's enchantress (also on barb's enchantress)
it's typical around 30 crafts to get a good bracers with all resist, vital and int.
ammy is a lot harder....but it's manageable.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 6/12/2013 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tals ammy is a good option too
Reply Quote
Paul isnspot on with his benchmarks. U could go a lil lower on dps if u get more defense.
Reply Quote
I spent around 18mil between mats and ammy crafts and NO luck so far. Should I keep trying?
Reply Quote
yes.
Never stop crafting, and killing ubers (for hellfire rings) for the obvious reason.
You will do even less shopping in hardcore... only keep crafting and farming...

but dont spend too much on mats...just farm (and kill ubers) for materials.

06/12/2013 05:50 PMPosted by WhatsUpChuck
I spent around 18mil between mats and ammy crafts and NO luck so far. Should I keep trying?
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Luffy
but dont spend too much on mats...just farm (and kill ubers) for materials.

Thanks for the advice. I am done buying mats. I think it'll be easier to gather them now that I'm para100; won't have to focus as much on speed/exp.

Would you recommend picking up everything? Just yellows? or Just lvl 63's?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]