Diablo® III

REAL rapid fire snapshotting 700k+ dps w/ SoJ

EDIT: Uploaded another demo on ubers.

http://youtu.be/N24_dCWCLrw

Some people asking me "how the **** are you dealing so much damage?"during my uber runs so i'll post here and hopefully won't stab me in the back in the future:

As 95% of us know that rapid fire snapshots lifesteal, and we take advantage of that like its 2nd nature by now.

It also snapshots damage as well as attack speed (w/e your breakpoints are). Damage also includes CRIT DAMAGE. Rapid fire does NOT snapshot crit chance. If it did, you will see more people using sharpshooter, same concept for arcane dynamo on arcane torrent (wizard skill).

The following DOES snapshot (many credits to Nubtro #2147):

I´ll help you out a bit with testing. This is what I have so far

SNAPSHOT
1. life steal
2. attack speed (breakpoint)
3. weapon damage
4. critical hit damage
5. damage bonus (steady aim)
6. "adds x% to elemental damage"
7. elite damage bonus

Demon damage bonus should also work considering SoJ snapshots as a whole. Basically the whole original gear damage modifiers except crit chance. You´d want a 15demon/4elite Tyrael´s Might where it counts and a 4elite/50crit damage Unity/Wailing Host. Then switch the rings to 6 crit rare and a 6 crit reflection. Of course manticore -> calamity because of MfD with archery...etc.

As well the fire damage from magefist DOES stack and can stack a huge amount of damage. (Credits to zoid #1554 for giving me that idea)

EDIT: I HAVE CONFIRMED THAT CRIT CHANCE BONUS TO RAPID FIRE DOES SNAPSHOT! I REPEAT! IT DOES SNAPSHOT!! I HAVE TESTED THIS!

How did I end up wording this completely opposite to what I wanted to say.

Gear to get:

Set 1 : All sharpshooter dps. Anything with crit chance, ignore it. The build does not use sharpshooter by any means, just use the passive as a guideline when checking dps.
Edit* : MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE BREAKPOINTS.
Set 2 : All crit chance gear and tank items. No attack speed/damage items/etc. Just focus on tank and cc. As well get a calamity with high vit and mark of death.

For about 80-100m (witching hour was a rip-off), This is the EXPECTED dps if switched correctly with archery and steady aim.

http://puu.sh/3f5jJ.jpg

This assumes about 6-7% rapid fire bonus as well. If you got more, even better :)
As well I have 29% bonus vs elites, and 20% add to fire damage (bombardment).

This is about 720k dps ignoring the SoJ bonus on bombardment rune. Wait does that mean I'm on par with the highest dps demon hunter? I guess you are if you can keep on channelling rapid fire.

Skills:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#..Vgc!YXe!..Z

Archery is a huuuge help. Gain 50% crit damage AND crit chance? Ye!
Steady aim if you plan on staying ranged as most of the time, I am and it snapshots it anyway.
Night stalker since you need to constant channel

Prep punishment. Only way to constantly channel at such high aps.
Shadow power, given.
Rapid fire rune is ur choice. Support fire and bombs are both effective.
Rest is up to you.

Channel rapid fire on ur 'sharpshooter build' (set rapid fire as a number key) and WHILE channelling, gear switch to 'tank cc build'. I also use nat legacy set while doing this for more discipline regen and still maintain max crit chance (75cc).

As far as I know, this concept works with ANY channelling skill in the game, but I have only tested for rapid fire and straft on the demon hunter since I only have this kind of gear for the demon hunter.

What can I use this for? This isn't meant for average farming, particularly only for DE runs in groups (cm wiz prefer) and ubers. You must not stop channeling for it to work, or else you need to gear swap back to ur 'sharpshooter' gear and try again.

With a cm wiz and monk, I'm hitting 1m+ damage on bombardment at 2.1+ aps, taking down ubers at an insane speed. Maybe I should post a video...?

It is actually pretty interesting how I'm dealing massive damage compared to everyone else and literally I thought my place in the group was a ranged cannon. It makes me think that isn't this what we are mean't to do without the snapshotting trick? DH purpose in group play is a cannon? I don't know what else we could do to help our team.

As for snapshotting, many of you are aware of the fact that for this to work effectively, you can't be knocked-back or flint at all.
Skelly-king's teleport attack makes you flint.
Ragnarok's minions knock you back

Current method of dealing with them:

I gear switch to legacy nat set when doing this and just so happen to give me exactly 65 cc (75 w/ bait the trap). On top of night stalker, I get a lot of discipline which gives me more flexibility to use smoke screen when needed to. As well I have about 93k hp, 500AR which helps a lot!

Edit: You DON'T need legacy set but it helps tons if you have access to it at no dps debuff cost. Just need to find better cc items which can't be too bad.

Skills I might test in the future:
Wizard channelling skills
WD's CoB (can only work w/ 0 zombie dogs probably)
Monk's TR (try using blinding flash right before you start channelling?)
For barb, maybe WW? Maybe counterproductive since tornados will deal crap damage.

Overall: Will I expect people to abuse this? Maybe not cause its a pain in the butt to switch a whole gear set. If you stop channelling, you have to go back to your sharpshooter gear set, channel rapid fire and switch back. Exactly why it can't be used for farming with the exception of maybe a cm wiz.

Comment and tell me what you guys think!

Edit:

I'll post video when I get home (>^^)> free hugs.

Here is an example video in solo ghom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0XMyS2YjY&feature=youtu.be

17 seconds with 219k paper dps seems fishy? Video says 217k but its actually 219k. Too lazy to change :P

Edit: got some new gear so my calculated dps on bombardment is 805k with 30% bonus to elites. This is with steady aim, archery, bait the trap at 2.01 aps.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 7/16/2013 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
YOU DID IT! D: Well detailed explaination, but post the video so you can save yourself the explaining for those that might not understand fully. :D
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 6/13/2013 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 05:35 AMPosted by TastySouP
YOU DID IT! D:

Yup......I did lol
Reply Quote
LOL, so this was the experiment? You modified the Calamity/Windforce snapshot though but this is brilliant ;)

I was doing this too. Haha. I guess the secret's out ;)

I do it with Manticore though.. I stack as much damage as i can without any care about those mitigation and even HP.

I used Lingering Fog to compensate for the "quick change" of gears so I won't die.

It needs practice and getting a hang of it, but once you get used to it.. It's nifty..

Since you can pretty much go FULL Glass Cannon on MP10.
1. Pop Shadow Power
2. Pop Lingering WHILE channeling RF
3. 1.5seconds of invul SHOULD be enough to change some equips
4. PROFIT.

Its like the snap shot mechanism of..
1. Steady Aim
2. Bait in Trap
3. Increased DPS due to 1 and 2.
4. Channel RF BEFORE enemies get to you to inherit the DPS increase
5. PROFIT.

Pus Spitter and Cluckeye for the lulz >_>

EDIT: Any gear with tons of mitigation + Crit Chance is CHEAP. But if you somehow put in there AS, AVG and Crit DMG, it'll sky rocket in terms of price. So.. this is one way of circumventing it.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 6/13/2013 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My friends questioned my dps when it shows 221k when we did ghom/rag in about a minute or so LOL. But I snapshotted the WD's slam dance BBV buff, pretty much about 1m paper dps.
Reply Quote
Another reason why DHs is both balanced and broken.. so we're "normal". LOL

I mean.. we have so much stuff. People are just somehow reluctant to discover it.
Reply Quote
Another reason why DHs is both balanced and broken.. so we're "normal". LOL

I mean.. we have so much stuff. People are just somehow reluctant to discover it.

Its just the nature of 'channelling' it just so happens that rapid fire is very strong atm.
Reply Quote
There I made the title more attractive...
Reply Quote
A lot of people may hate me for this, but this is something I hope they nerf and give us a better buff instead of this broken setup.

I do believe that our snapshot abilities will be changed in the future.
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 6/13/2013 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It is morally right to, but then we have no place in a group if they do. Any group should be like "a DH, we got ourselves a cannon!!"
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 06:46 AMPosted by DaRkCroNo
A lot of people may hate me for this, but this is something I hope they nerf and give us a better buff instead of this broken setup.

You do know that it ain't just from us?

Fire Bats, Whirlwind.. heck, ANYTHING that you Channel that snapshots anything might work .. its just that with Shadow Power, the bonus LS + the snapshot damage is kinda absurd..

Now, doing it requires attention and detail so.. I doubt it'll be NERFED/Fixed ASAP. It's a gimmick at it's best.

Useful for Ubers that doesn't move.. which is like.. on Rak/Ghom since SB can pick you up, Kulle can Bubble you and Magdha and SK can cancel it :)
Reply Quote
Since rapid fire snapshots attack speed, bubbles will not debuff you. Play smart with smoke screen.
Reply Quote
Now thats its out in the open it'll get nerfed. Grats!
Reply Quote
Impressive. Might be useful in the future if they introduce some very hard uber bosses.
Reply Quote
Can't imagine how much damage can a gear swap fire bat wd do.
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 06:52 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Since rapid fire snapshots attack speed, bubbles will not debuff you. Play smart with smoke screen.

Aren't that Bubble slows Projectiles and not just you? That's why I'm saying it could be a problem.. but if it doesn't slow Projectile, then by all means, it'll be easy XD

06/13/2013 07:17 AMPosted by GodIike

The only thing stopping WDs to spam Bats life RF is their Mana Pool.. if they gear towards Mana after Snapshotting the DPS, they'd.. pawn.
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Chrizzle

Aren't that Bubble slows Projectiles and not just you? That's why I'm saying it could be a problem.. but if it doesn't slow Projectile, then by all means, it'll be easy XD

The only thing stopping WDs to spam Bats life RF is their Mana Pool.. if they gear towards Mana after Snapshotting the DPS, they'd.. pawn.

For rapid fire bubbles it would be a problem on bombardment if at a bad angle, again smoke screen ftw if it comes down to it.

For WD it would be very potent with 0 zombie dogs.
Reply Quote
Any group should be like "a DH, we got ourselves a cannyan!!"

I want to be a railgun.
Edited by The47thSen#6728 on 6/13/2013 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 08:10 AMPosted by The47thSen
Any group should be like "a DH, we got ourselves a cannyan!!"

I want to be a railgun.

Toaru kagaku no railgun? :)
Reply Quote
theres a videos of a WD gear swapping, kills Ghom in 7sec. floating somewhere in youtube land.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]