Diablo® III

REAL rapid fire snapshotting 700k+ dps w/ SoJ

Is the 30% SoJ elite property snapshot?
(I kinda hope it isn't) so you can use a 50%chd/dmg ring then put on a rfCrit%/30% SoJ...though I bet it is

also, how about if Magefists +20% fire snap shots for bombardment use; not sure if that outweighs dex/chd gloves... but you could have 20% fire then put on crit gloves?
Edited by zoid#1554 on 6/13/2013 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is the 30% SoJ elite property snapshot?
(I kinda hope it isn't) so you can use a 50%chd/dmg ring then put on a rfCrit%/30% SoJ...though I bet it is

also, how about if Magefists +20% fire snap shots for bombardment use; not sure if that outweighs dex/chd gloves... but you could have 20% fire then put on crit gloves?

Interesting ideas. I will test them out for you when I get home. I believe SoJ sbapshots but I have to test it.
Reply Quote
nice one!

06/13/2013 05:31 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
its a pain in the butt to switch a whole gear set.

you can macro a gear swap with gaming keyboard/mouse very easily

06/13/2013 06:32 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
There I made the title more attractive...

your effective dps is closer to like 8mil with 200k paper, thats pretty attractive :D

06/13/2013 05:51 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
pretty much about 1m paper dps.

but i do that in my regular gear... i think DH main problem is the scaling with gear thing... were really not that bad off... once you spend about a billion + its the budget DH's that suffer... it seems

gg tho man xD
Reply Quote
I spend like 100m on my sharpshooter gear....lol you spent a bit more than 100m xD
As well what is ur dps unbuffed there buddy?

The witching hour I bought...I was disappointed. Spent like 40m and only increased me in normal gear by 1k.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 6/13/2013 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I spend like 100m on my sharpshooter gear....lol you spent a bit more than 100m xD
As well what is ur dps unbuffed there buddy?

The witching hour I bought...I was disappointed. Spent like 40m and only increased me in normal gear by 1k.

ya for sure, granted :D

thats kinda why i said what i did about budget DH's

and unbuffed is like 400k
Edited by Philos#1386 on 6/13/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Confirming that sharpshooter (crit chance in general) isn´t shapshot, tested it a few days ago.

"Sharpshooter gear" is kind of confusing...you could elaborate a bit on that. Maybe rewrite the post to make it easier to understand? Even I had trouble with that.

Basically you equip crit damage gear (2 emerald manti, witching hour etc.) and then switch it to crit chance & EHP gear?

I´ll help you out a bit with testing. This is what I have so far

SNAPSHOT
1. life steal
2. attack speed (breakpoint)
3. weapon damage
4. critical hit damage
5. damage bonus (steady aim)
6. "adds x% to elemental damage"
7. elite damage bonus

Demon damage bonus should also work considering SoJ snapshots as a whole. Basically the whole original gear damage modifiers except crit chance. You´d want a 15demon/4elite Tyrael´s Might where it counts and a 4elite/50crit damage Unity/Wailing Host. Then switch the rings to 6 crit rare and a 6 crit reflection. Of course manticore -> calamity because of MfD with archery...etc.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 6/13/2013 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This sharpshooter gear has NO relations with the passive skill itself. Its to keep in mind what are you aiming for because when you gear switch, you will have max crit chance anyways (along with any RF bonus you have).

The cap for crit chance is 75 and can get 8 on SoJ and quiver for a total of a whippin 91% crit chance. My SoJ is only 6% posion, 29% elites, 4 RF cc but my quiver is 8cc because the stats don't matter after gear switch, only cc on RF (maybe max dis would be nice)

Bonus vs elites does snapshot?
Thank you for your post. When I come home ill try magefists.
Reply Quote
I know that the cap is 75% (for all classes including barbs) but certain skills break it. DH sharpshooter, Barb ruthless, wotb and battle rage.

What I meant by confusing is that you named the gear set "sharpshooter" but it has nothing to do with the skill, which makes it confusing.

By the way, max crit on SoJ is 7% not 8% (level 62) which means max is 90% with quiver and a SoJ. Hmm, but we said crit chance is not snapshot so you can´t switch out SoJ otherwise you won´t hit more than 83% after the gear switch.

Just tested magefists, the damage stayed the same after being switched out. But are they better than 330dex/50% crit damage crafted gloves? Would you consider using Bombardment alongside a CM wiz against ubers so that both are hit? Otherwise I don´t see Bombardment outdamaging fire support...or even high velocity if you stand right and hit both.

EDIT: CC%
base 5
helm 6
bracers 6
reflection 13
pants 1
gloves 10
amulet 10
quiver 10
anatomy 3
= 64
tal rasha´s belt gives 1

archery 10
or
bait the trap 10

both aren´t needed to hit the cap, you leave the SoJ on and achieve 90% with it and the quiver. Or better yet, to save money, you switch a 6/30 SoJ for a 7% RF SoJ (even +20% damage vs elites one).
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 6/13/2013 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ty for the input but gl finding a RF soj
Reply Quote
I have comfirmed that magefist DOES infact snapshot your damage. It increased my damage of bombardment by a very noticable amount. Thank you for sharing this idea.
Reply Quote
I feel like this will revive the old "are gear swap macros bannable" debate from the mf gear swap days.

WTB decent DH mechanics that don't depend on design flaws.
Reply Quote
How much? :)
Reply Quote
Off subject... But I just wanted to thank the Nyan for the power leveling.

>|||||||>
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Chrizzle
if they gear towards Mana after Snapshotting the DPS, they'd.. pawn.

(homer simpson voice) "I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter" LOL

so basically gear for pure DPS, channel, swap gears for sustain, is that about it?
Reply Quote
too bad you can't snapshot Manti and go Sever; the RF cancels >.<

dual wielding doesn't seem to offer anything, even if you try to fit a nats slayer in to try to creep out crit% + nats ring II pc and free up a slot

buriza seemed fun but the pierce of ghom was like 1 out of 9 arrows....I don't think you get full pierce if it carries onto the channel
Reply Quote
Buriza has a 1 second cooldown timer :(
Reply Quote
so......gear swap.....twice......every time you make a step?

sounds efficient and fun!!!
Reply Quote
About equivalant to a turtle with a BFG :P
Reply Quote
so......gear swap.....twice......every time you make a step?

sounds efficient and fun!!!

Err.. its supposed to be a tactic that is used whenever only possible and needed or.. wanted.. not used all the time. For his example, Nyan used it for Ubers which is 1 of the best possible scenario to use this for.

06/13/2013 09:44 PMPosted by DethAxe
if they gear towards Mana after Snapshotting the DPS, they'd.. pawn.

(homer simpson voice) "I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter" LOL

so basically gear for pure DPS, channel, swap gears for sustain, is that about it?

Based from the thread, if that's how their channeling skills also work, then yes.

Mind you.. almost ALL of WD's skills are channeling XD That or they have mini-sec checks.
Reply Quote
Usually channelling skills have an intial cost, and channelling cost.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]