Diablo® III

PS3 Console 2 player Mode?

Will you be able to player with 2 or more at the same time on the same console.

Example, me and my brother both play on the same console in the same game or will it be like the PC version where you can only play w/other that join in.

Since console games have the ability to have multi players on same console?

Hope that made sense...lol
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/11/2013 11:37 AMPosted by MasterShifu

Yes, you will be able to play with up to 4 players on the same console, and same screen. You'll also be able to quickly jump in and out of a game that's currently in session, just like you can for PC.
Reply Quote
Sorry for using your thread but i also have another question related to share screen features.

So let say me and my brothers were playing share screen and we decided to stop for a while. Does the console save the progress for all players or only for player 1.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Grimiku

Yes, you will be able to play with up to 4 players on the same console, and same screen. You'll also be able to quickly jump in and out of a game that's currently in session, just like you can for PC.

Grimiku...can you answer this then?

How will a player be able to port to town? Four ppl sitting on a couch, one ports to town...how does that work on the screen? Do I drag everyone with me to town?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/11/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Ace
How will a player be able to port to town? Four ppl sitting on a couch, one ports to town...how does that work on the screen? Do I drag everyone with me to town?

That's a good question, and I hunted down an answer for you! If someone cast town portal while you're in a multiplayer game on a single console, then everyone in the local coop party goes back to town. If you're playing a multiplayer game online, however, town portal will just send the caster back.
Edited by Grimiku on 6/12/2013 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome, thanks for the quick answers.
Reply Quote
Timmy: Mom! Billy TPed back to town again!
Mom: Vote Kick him then!
Reply Quote
Timmy: Mom! Billy TPed back to town again!
Mom: Vote Kick him then!

I loled
Reply Quote
4 people share one screen? That's going to be chaotic when a WW barb goes everywhere and everyone else is struggling to catch up
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 05:18 PMPosted by haiyang
4 people share one screen? That's going to be chaotic when a WW barb goes everywhere and everyone else is struggling to catch up
They added a fast teleport. You can quickly tele to any of your friends. Similar to wiz teleport
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 03:37 PMPosted by Grimiku

That's a good question, and I hunted down an answer for you! If someone cast town portal while you're in a multiplayer game on a single console, then everyone in the party goes back to town. If you're playing a multiplayer game online, however, town portal will just send the caster back.

Pretty close...how about what was advertised? Two players on the couch add two randoms from online, so a party of 4. I read your answer as...major grief...in a fight with big pack, my buddy on the couch opens a portal and me, sitting next to him, and the buddy go back to town leaving the two to fight alone.

Or how about 3 on the couch...1 poor soul online. Wow..he's screwed.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Pretty close...how about what was advertised? Two players on the couch add two randoms from online, so a party of 4. I read your answer as...major grief...in a fight with big pack, my buddy on the couch opens a portal and me, sitting next to him, and the buddy go back to town leaving the two to fight alone.

Or how about 3 on the couch...1 poor soul online. Wow..he's screwed.

I edited my original post after reading your comment to clarify how town portal works in situations where local coop is combined with online multiplayer. You're correct on how it works, regarding the local coop players porting back to town while leaving the others in the field. There is some griefing potential there, but we think the usefulness of this feature outweighs the risk.
Reply Quote
Do local players get dropped back in the same place or at the casters portal location? For instance, if I was playing hardcore with someone in local coop and I was to teleport back to town to heal/live in a nasty fight, where would we spawn in the field? Would we spawn back in the same place? Into a monster pack my ally was holding off? Checkpoint? Location of the portal?

The griefing in local coop may spark some wars ;)
Reply Quote
HC PKer's are going to have fun with this....
Reply Quote
As a reminder: Always backup your character before you play HC.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
hello i just recently preorderd diablo 3 for my PS3 and i was wondering if you was to sign in into two differant profiles will it sign the first player out like in most games or will it be like black ops 2 where its the only game you can have two people signed in at once...? if not playing with 2, 3, or 4 people on the same console if you turn it off how does the game save their characters so they can pick up and go from where they left off beforehand?
Reply Quote
Important Question

So, we are 2 friends and we get two diablo 3 games already and lets say we start the game each one at his own console .if my friend comes to my house,to my console can he import somehow his character from his console so we can play together at the same screen?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
So two player class combos any suggestions? Console
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Ketchup
As a reminder: Always backup your character before you play HC.

Not trying to be a wise*ss here, just a genuine question.
Doesn't backing up your HC character, kinda defeat the purpose of HC?
I always viewed the allure of HC being the risk/reward balance.
Backing up your character kinda defeats that purpose IMO no?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]