Diablo® III

A question about the blizzcon art contest

I am an artist from India, and from what I read in the contest rules, India isn't listed in the countries from where players are allowed to enter.

While I understand that it rules out any chances of my artwork qualifying for competition, does it also mean I won't be able to submit anything?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Unfortunately, if your country is not listed in the BlizzCon Art Contest rules, it will not be eligible for the competition.

That said, we would still love to see your Diablo III fan art! So if you’re interested in sharing it with us, there’s still a chance it may be featured in one of our blogs, or social media channels, or even on the official Diablo III Media Gallery. So when you create something diabolically awesome, make sure to show us here on the Community Creations forum!
Reply Quote
I can submit from croatia but not from serbia or bosnia and herzegowina, why is that? Its discrimination if you ask me. (also no people from africa), i dont understand why someone couldnt participate.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/21/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Orion
I can submit from croatia but not from serbia or bosnia and herzegowina, why is that? Its discrimination if you ask me. (also no people from africa), i dont understand why someone couldnt participate.
This short answer is that each country has slightly different laws and rules about online contests. This fundamentally limits who is able to enter various contests.
Reply Quote
Take Quebec, Canada as an example. The Regie des Lotteries has such intense rules and regulations that it literally is never worth it for a company to extend their contest to our region because its just too much of a hassle. Also the winner of the competition and the company hosting it usually have to pay taxes or something similar to the Quebec government so you its a loose/loose situation.
It is usually not considered the fault of the company (Blizzard) but you could also kind of say they are just too lazy to make the effort to bring the contest to us.. Yeah they might loose money or time but its nothing compared to what they make in the big picture. Competitions are made for the players are they not??
Reply Quote
That makes me a sad Nephalem. :(

Still, I'll post stuff here on the forums I guess. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]