Diablo® III

Taughts on the Death of XBOX One?

Seeing sony officially destroyed them and put a nail in the coffin on that whole used games situation and ability to rent games/trade it in or lend it to a friend. Something xbox one cannot do.

Not to mention the fact that retarded alwyas online DRM xbox one needs an internet connection to work where as the PS4 does not.

Do you think it will go the way of the dreamcast / dodo now?
Reply Quote
Another person getting it all wrong. Sony is doing the same thing as MS - just a little differently. Sony is going to make publishers block there own content with online pass codes and content locking just like always. MS is just making it easier for the publishers by doing the locking for them.

Do you really think all the publishers are going to have MS block used games on their system just to let Sony allow used games for free? NEVER HAPPEN!

People need to do research before posting. If Sony told all the publishers they would not allow them to block or ad fees to used games, Sony would be bankrupt overnight. Use your head for pete's sake!
Reply Quote
^ you are wrong!!!!

Microsoft is making sure that you are only allowed to sell a game ONCE. Hence the reason for authenticating xbox one every 24 hours. Its also making sure the xbox one is 100% retarded and annoying that unless you have an internet connection you cannot play even single player games.

Jay Wilson must be working for them now because it sounds familiar to a certain game I bought.

Sony has made it clear its policy is the same as PS3.

This has nothing to do with publishers, they have been blocking games for ages now. Its about what microsoft is FORCING!!

But then you MS fan boys can't take the anal ripping now after PS4 nailed the xbox one upside down ROFL

xbox one is down somebody call the ambulance WII U WII U WII U WII U

www.xboxdone.com
Edited by JOHN#12280 on 6/11/2013 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OK, stay in your fantasy world if you want. I guess IGN and everyone else has it wrong and you got the inside scoop. Ever try playing a used copy of BF3 on the PS3 - you can't. Not without an online passcode for $10.00. That has not and will not change.

Microsoft is not blocking all used games. Microsoft is giving publishers the choice to block used games just as they have always been able to do on 360 and PS3. Microsoft is just doing the work for them.

One more time this time in all caps - ANY GAME THAT IS BLOCKED FROM BEING PLAYED USED ON THE XBOX ONE WIL ALSO BE BLOCKED ON THE PS4. I own a 360 and ps3. I know how the drm works. You will not have free reign on used games by buying a PS4. You will still have to abide by the choices of the publisher on either platform. The publishers will have the same policy for their game on both platforms. If you cannot see this simple fact then, I don't know what else to say. I am not an xbox fanboy, I just know how to listen, read and interpret facts - something you seem to fail to comprehend.

Edit: The thing you are getting confused about is that Sony will allow trading and selling of games THEY created. Games published by Sony will not be restricted. This only applies to physical ones, not digital ones. Every other publishers games will be the publishers choice.
Edited by BlayneRTFM#1654 on 6/11/2013 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You are WRONG!!!!!

Microsoft is making it mandatory that ALL xbox games be sold only ONCE.

Not the Publishers.

Thats why even IGN is praising SONY. Offcourse you butt hurt xbox fan boys can't handle that so the best bet for people like you to do is spread misinformation. Too bad its just you alone on this forum and maybe 10 people on the internet who believes the nonsense you seem to believe.

But you can continue to live in your trolling fantasy world of idiotic statements.
Reply Quote
Sorry, I refuse to argue with idiots. Go start another trolling thread - I'm done.

1. Microsoft has not even revealed everything about their DRM. Everything is speculation right now except the always online part so, your just blowing smoke out your own end.

2. Microsoft will allow you to share ANY game with 10 people on your friends list.

3. Anyone using the xbox a game is installed on can use any feature of any game on that xbox regardless of who is logged in.

4. Microsoft said you will be able to sell your used games to "select" stores. They still haven't said which stores however.

I'm stating facts taken from MS press conferences. Your spilling drivel from god knows where. So, who is the troll here buddy?
Reply Quote
Xbox one=Peasant device.
PS4=Peasant device.

PC ftw.
Reply Quote
Sorry, I refuse to argue with idiots. Go start another trolling thread - I'm done.

1. Microsoft has not even revealed everything about their DRM. Everything is speculation right now except the always online part so, your just blowing smoke out your own end.

2. Microsoft will allow you to share ANY game with 10 people on your friends list.

3. Anyone using the xbox a game is installed on can use any feature of any game on that xbox regardless of who is logged in.

4. Microsoft said you will be able to sell your used games to "select" stores. They still haven't said which stores however.

I'm stating facts taken from MS press conferences. Your spilling drivel from god knows where. So, who is the troll here buddy?

Here are some more facts about the Xbox One:

It is $100.00 more than the PS4

You have to relinquish your copy of a game to "share it." That friend also has to be added to your live account for a minimum of 30 days. Once you do this once with a video game, it can no longer be "shared" again.

You have to connect to internet every 24 hours, failing to do so will result in not being able to play games. You can however, continue watching TV on your glorified cable box.

If you have brought your Xbox One to a friends house... because you are unable to lend your buddy a game for a week, you must connect to the internet every hour.

On the cable box note, that added software for the TV features of the Xbox One take up system memory (RAM) as they run in the background, similar to a PC. Those cable features may not even be relevant for people living outside the US.

Relating to hardware, the PS4 is faster. 8G GDDR5 ram offering more bandwidth per second. Also, won't be held up running your NFL apps in the background.

The Kinect is required to use the Xbox. Sure it can be disabled, but sounds like one more thing you can look forward to replacing for one reason or another.

Did I mention the PS4 is $100.00 cheaper?

Seriously, Microsoft is going to tank in sales compared to Sony. If not for anything else, the money end of things. Parents will flock to the stores for Christmas to get the new system and see the PlayStation $100.00 cheaper. Most people who buy this stuff do not follow E3, Microsoft conferences, or read random video game forums, they go into the store and make a decision on the spot.

But go on, tell us why we should buy an Xbox over a PlayStation... for Halo?
Reply Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't this the same basic Xbox bashing logic used by proponents of the PS3 regarding the Xbox 360? They said the PS3 was superior in every way. This was true with regards to hardware. Did this create a huge market lead for the PS3? Nope.

They said having to pay for Xbox Live Gold was a death sentence for the Xbox as PSN would be free. Did this lead to a huge lead over market share? Nope. Xbox live gold has 47 million or so subscribers.

They said the 360's Kinect was nothing but a gimmick and hard core gamers would migrate en mass to the PS3 because the 360 was turning into a Wii for casuals and the PS3 was more hard core player oriented. Did this lead to higher PS3 sales? Nope. The PS3 just went ahead and came out with it's own gimmick motion devices.

They said the 360 was filled with apps and services that would only be available in the U.S. and nobody is going to buy a system that is 90% useless to people outside of the U.S. Did this lead to a market share loss for the 360? Nope.

Am I saying Sony won't sell more PS4's than MS will the Xbox One? Again, Nope. What I am saying is, this has happened every new console generation with people screaming and ranting how this idea is a deal breaker or that idea will make them choose X console. And every time they both sell pretty close to the same amount.

I like both systems. They both play games very well. I'm sure it will be the same for the next gen. What it all comes down to is, who has the best titles. Namely exclusives. And right now, whether PS fan boys will admit it or not, MS has much better exclusive titles. Much better.

If people want to deny themselves the chance to play awesome titles because they don't like being always online when most devices are always online anyway or they don't like not being able to sell their used games when publishers have already implemented measures to curb used sales anyway then, I feel sorry for these people as they will be missing out on some good times and great games.

It's all about the games. The hardware is just a device to play the games. Both will play games very well. If you want to limit what games will be available to you because MS is causing you some butt hurt then have at it. But I will tell you right now - you will not be able to trade or sell even 10% of PS4 games you buy without some kind of restriction. This I guarantee.

Edit: I wonder if the PS4 will come with that lovely extra piece of software that the PS3 has that blocks it from playing non-legal copy protected movies?
Edited by BlayneRTFM#1654 on 6/12/2013 8:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 04:53 AMPosted by Heisenberg

Halo series
Gears of War series
Crimson Dragon
Titanfall
Killer Instinct
D4
Dead Rising 3
Quantum Break
Ryse
Project Spark
Forza
+ a few more I can't remember. + many more not announced yet.

The only exclusive PS4 has that interests me is infamous. The rest are meh. I'll still get a PS4 but not until 2014 when they get more titles out.

P.S. Knock it all you want, Halo is one of the biggest selling franchises ever. It's getting kind of old for me but, I had a blast playing every one of them both story mode and multiplayer. So, for many, Halo really is enough to sway them in MS's direction. Like I said, it's all about the games.
Reply Quote
^ All those games you posted are absolute Garbage.

The only good Xbox title worth buying is Killer Instinct. However most people buying that will be doing it based on Nostalgia from the SNES days. MS is hoping this one game will win over the crowd. And I am hoping to wake up in a room full of money and diamonds tomorrow morning but lets keep living in your fantasy world shall we?

Forza is trash when compared to Gran Turismo why would you even think Forza is within the same league as Gran Turismo? Its infact an imitation.

360 has failed HARD with exclusives. PS3 has murdered the 360 with exclusives and I mean real exclusives like God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Metal Gear 4, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo 5 and the list keeps going on.

360 has NOTHING memorable other than Halo which a bunch of morons only in the US apparently play.

But please go on and show us how exciting this new XBOX One is with its higher price, users being forced to sell a game only ONCE and forcing users to have an active internet connection just to play video games.

Please go on and justify the extra $100 on the xbox one even though it has INFERIOR hardware processing power.

Only reason 360 had a better head start was because of price.

Now Sony has advantage on price and parents are going to buy the cheapest console. AND when they realize you can't buy used games for the Xone or Jason can't lend his cousin Matthew his game in exchange for the other.

You will see how fast companies stop stocking that xbox one.

You have any idea how many kids will cut grass for the summer and team up with the money earned to buy specific games so that they can all trade eachother after they have completed each title?

No one in their right mind is going to buy an xbox one. Its a complete horrid failure and a disgrace to hard working people in this world. The level of greed is beyond that of Blizzard and thats quite a stretch. Atleast you can play Starcraft 2 for years to come. Imagine some idiot buys a game for $60 and realizes its complete trash but cannot trade it back in or resell it for something better.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAA

As if all these rage quitting threads on Diablo 3 forum wasn't enough to deal with, you want to being this draconian DRM feces to consoles aswell? as if we don't have enough of it to deal with on PC as it is.

But if you are rich and stupid by all means go right ahead.

But please Mr one man army you go right ahead and show us how awesome this new xbox one is.
Edited by JOHN#12280 on 6/12/2013 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 07:50 AMPosted by BlayneRTFM

Halo series
Gears of War series
Crimson Dragon
Titanfall
Killer Instinct
D4
Dead Rising 3
Quantum Break
Ryse
Project Spark
Forza
+ a few more I can't remember. + many more not announced yet.

The only exclusive PS4 has that interests me is infamous. The rest are meh. I'll still get a PS4 but not until 2014 when they get more titles out.

P.S. Knock it all you want, Halo is one of the biggest selling franchises ever. It's getting kind of old for me but, I had a blast playing every one of them both story mode and multiplayer. So, for many, Halo really is enough to sway them in MS's direction. Like I said, it's all about the games.

This list, and the similar one PS has is why I stick with Nintendo.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 07:33 AMPosted by BlayneRTFM
MS has much better exclusive titles. Much better.

I disagree, most of them are just shooters. If that's what you're comparing then Sony has a much better flavor variety.

Halo series - shooter
Gears of War series - shooter
Crimson Dragon - shooter
Titanfall - shooter
Killer Instinct
D4
Dead Rising 3 - shooter
Quantum Break
Ryse
Project Spark - looks like LBP wannabe
Forza

I wouldn't count Titanfall as exclusive, it's available on and was for PC first and runs on Source.
Dead Rising 3 I bet will go multiplatform considering this sequel banked on it's previous installment Dead Rising 2 which was available for both x360 and ps3 and pc.

almost half your list is shooter.

i dont think Kingdom Hearts 3 will even sell well on Xbox One, the whoel series has been nintendo/sony-centric. It won't make any sense to anyone playing it on Xbox One unless they own at least a PS2 or PS3 or vita/3ds or have been follownig it via vids/spoilers.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 6/12/2013 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The way I see it, I'm getting both systems anyway so, I'll have the best of both worlds and play them all. As for who has the best racing game - I've never liked racing games and Nintendo Wii's Mario Kart is the best selling racing game ever by a margin of 600% over the next best seller so....

Both systems have strong points and good games. Both systems have weak points and crap games. Arguing over something that amounts to personal taste is pretty pointless. I have had both systems since the original xbox. I always seem to gravitate more to the xbox. That's just personal taste. If anyone thinks I'm a tool for it, why then I guess I'm a tool. All I know is I will have a lot more fun playing both systems than fan boys playing only 1.
Reply Quote
http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-creepy-monitoring-feature-might-track-often-132033907.html

^biggest reason I'll never let an xbox one anywhere in my house. Sorry, but that's just creepy.

People say "so what, your phone has a camera", or "your PC has a camera", (actually my PC doesn't). The difference is, (to my knowledge), the company that made my phone never applied for a patent on the camera to use it as a device that monitors, records, and stores my behavior whenever my phone is on. That's just way too weird. I don't care if you can unplug X1 or whatever, because whenever you're using it in any fashion, it's surveilling you and potentially recording your behavior.
Edited by Cryogen#1749 on 6/17/2013 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quick! Call the ambulance, Xbox is down!
WiiUWiiUWiiU...
Reply Quote
To give the devil his due, I like how microsoft is providing me with quality comedy material every day since E3.

A Few samples:

Major Nelson (stating they wouldn't change anything because of the PS4): "I don’t think,… I mean we’re really not going to change anything we’ve done with Xbox One. We’re very happy,… did you see the games on stage during our briefing? Did you see the exclusives? I mean we’re really really proud of the system and the games that are coming out. When you look at games like TitanFall,… have you gone through Titanfall yet? Enough said. Conversation over. We’re really happy with what we showed on stage as well as what we’re showing here in the booth so I think it is uh,… it’s safe to say that we’re confident where we’re going. We’re also confident that gamers are going to love our vision of the future and what we’re going to offer for gaming.”

(For reference, TitanFall is not an Xbox One exclusive. It's coming to PC and 360, and the dev are coming as close as they can without violating the exclusive agreement to say that it will be on PS4, too).

Don Mattrick (trying to justify the 499$ price tag): "It's a lower number than some of the analysts had forecasted," Mattrick said on Bloomberg TV. "We're over-delivering value against other choices I think consumers can get. Any modern product these days you look at it [and] $499 isn't a ridiculous price point. We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think they're going to love it when they use it."

Their PR stunts are giving birth to nice memes.

"Yeah, we're seeing the Titan fall"
"I look forward to playing TitanFall.... on PC"
"Have you SEEN TitanFall?"

"We're over delivering value..."
Edited by Shadowsword#2321 on 6/17/2013 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]