Diablo® III

500k DPS WindForce Hunter. Goal Achieved.

@ The47thSen (Q: Why emerald and not Ruby)

I use emerald because if you pass the 440k dps point it becomes more useful than ruby.

@ Hinary (Q: How hard is to stack dps)

Stacking damage can be easy at one point and hard at other point.
I personally think 350k dps to 400k was the hardest, because most items give the same amount of dps despite how good the item was. After passing the 400k dps point with small incremental changes, there were some items that made huge differences. I personally think there are points of climax where it's so hard to get over and after that it becomes much easier. To answer 'how' I think the item combination is very important. Despite how good 1 item can be, it won't do as much as, for example the player 'Taoofss' above failed at building manticore dps/ehp with his billion worth of gold. You see, there are mathematics involved but sometimes there are non involved. There is this particular mechanics that makes one item very good with other item whether there are set items or rare/unique items. Keep thriving with your current gear is the best way to increase dps. Buying items all at once is a fail example of dps/ehp issue.

Editted*
I must say, the best item is the best item. But among the best item, there are items that can be good to you or bad for you, so it's good to be aware of items that it does good to you while it doesn't for other people. Some won't sell much but can be very useful for you and it has lesser competition. One of the big thing that changed my dps direction was the legacy zuni boots. Despite my boots, there are tons of ways to increase dps without trying to purchase the BEST items that won't do good to you. For example, one of the best witching hour in the market would not match my inna's belt. I don't understand why but that's what it is. My ring for example seemed mediocre, but there is not a single nat ring in the market that gives higher dps. Why? I don't know!

But I think this is the reason why

06/15/2013 03:26 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
Bows gain an extra 15% bonus from archery which scales well when you go past the 350k unbiffed mark. Compare that to 50% CD for xbow users which is meh.

Agreed. Actually I prefer the 15% damage over the 10%cc I get with archery. Too bad we aren't allowed to choose :(
Edited by FrozenArrow#1722 on 6/15/2013 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So a character that can farm mp10 efficiently is fail, while one that can barely do mp5 is a success. Ok explain this one to me.

Please explain to me where I failed, because you offered not a single reason.

The only changes I would make to my character is to replace the rare ring with an SOJ and to upgrade the witching hour to one with 50 AR. Both of these changes will drop my sheet dps while increasing my overall farming efficiency.
Reply Quote
So a character that can farm mp10 efficiently is fail, while one that can barely do mp5 is a success. Ok explain this one to me.

Please explain to me where I failed, because you offered not a single reason.

The only changes I would make to my character is to replace the rare ring with an SOJ and to upgrade the witching hour to one with 50 AR. Both of these changes will drop my sheet dps while increasing my overall farming efficiency.

Your item build failed to the amount of gold you spent on gears. With that amount of gold,
your health can go above achieve higher ehp and higher dps. That is what i call fail.

Look at player Hinary @ second page.
He has no critic mempo neither best nat ring/rare ring. The amount of gold he spent is not even close to yours, but out plays you.
Reply Quote
First off, I didnt build this set for my DH. The only pieces that are specifically for her are the DML and manticore. Every other piece is borrowed from my Monk.

2nd, I'm 75 Para levels behind Hinary. Assuming we don't change our equipment until then, at his para level, I'll have close to 10k more life, 80 more AR, and 30k more dps. But my stats are obviously going to better then his as like you said, I spent more on my char then he did.

All of the equipment i choose are itemized right. Its a balance of EHP and DPS. This character can handle any MP efficiently.

Your character on the other hand can do mp5. Grats.
Reply Quote
@Taoofss
They can farm mp10 they did many videos, maybe sometimes they die against some nasty packs and maybe they kill elites a little slower than some RF dh, but they can farm mp10 ;)
Reply Quote
@Taoofss
They can farm mp10 they did many videos, maybe sometimes they die against some nasty packs and maybe they kill elites a little slower than some RF dh, but they can farm mp10 ;)

I would love for someone to prove me wrong with an unedited streamline solo mp10 farming run.
Reply Quote
Dioxide has proven with videos and I appreciate it that he recorded youtubes that glass canon is durable with challenge at mp 10. He is magnificent player and maybe one of the best glass canons out there along with Flight :). They are also big inspiration to me, they take credit toward my itemization builds.
Reply Quote
View profile
@Taoofss

I would love for someone to prove me wrong with an unedited streamline solo mp10 farming run.

It's actually not that bad to farm with the Windy in high MP. The LS and Knockback allow one to go with less defense.
Reply Quote
@Taoofss take off your jelly pants and play nice. Don't act so foolish with your limited play time of the class. @Frozen has been shooting his arrows long before you decided to shelf your wizard. You obviously play the Manticore style and have no idea how the Windforce works in the game and how @Frozen actually plays. You've never run him.

@Taoofss go run with @DieOx or @Flight and watch them out DPS you and then res your rookie !@# off the ground. And they will out perform you. In all aspects. I'd say you will only do better against an Uber boss that is frozen from a Wiz.. You're asking for all these vids and clear times post your own dumb and boring RF videos. Oh right.. no one would watch those! For cryin out loud man you run with Nightstalker AND Backup Plan! @Die runs with neither!

Its ok, you bought your Manticore and now are upset to see such amazing potential from a Windforce. He could build EHP too as everyone can. Its a game and everyone can choose how they decide to play it. Congrats, you play with EHP and used to freeze everything with a Wizard sucking any shred of actual "skill" needed to play the game out of it. But do keep shooting your mouth off and filling the pages with hate. Makes for good chuckles to read stuff coming from a player who just wants to shoot statues all day.. and be... efficient at A GAME. Cry more about being a top farmer and farming the top content like it earns you more special cookies and enjoy all the EPIC LOOTZ. When I want cookies I bake em IRL and feel much more special than coming into some ones thread about DPS achievements and trying to fill it with hate and jealousy. You should try bakin' bro. Or get a woman to help you out. In more areas than just bakin.

/rant

GRATZ TO @FrozenArrow he's king of the Windforce! whoop whoop!!!11!1!!!
Reply Quote
I'm almost to 350k frozen. :)
Reply Quote
@Taoofss take off your jelly pants and play nice. Don't act so foolish with your limited play time of the class. @Frozen has been shooting his arrows long before you decided to shelf your wizard. You obviously play the Manticore style and have no idea how the Windforce works in the game and how @Frozen actually plays. You've never run him.

@Taoofss go run with @DieOx or @Flight and watch them out DPS you and then res your rookie !@# off the ground. And they will out perform you. In all aspects. I'd say you will only do better against an Uber boss that is frozen from a Wiz.. You're asking for all these vids and clear times post your own dumb and boring RF videos. Oh right.. no one would watch those! For cryin out loud man you run with Nightstalker AND Backup Plan! @Die runs with neither!

Its ok, you bought your Manticore and now are upset to see such amazing potential from a Windforce. He could build EHP too as everyone can. Its a game and everyone can choose how they decide to play it. Congrats, you play with EHP and used to freeze everything with a Wizard sucking any shred of actual "skill" needed to play the game out of it. But do keep shooting your mouth off and filling the pages with hate. Makes for good chuckles to read stuff coming from a player who just wants to shoot statues all day.. and be... efficient at A GAME. Cry more about being a top farmer and farming the top content like it earns you more special cookies and enjoy all the EPIC LOOTZ. When I want cookies I bake em IRL and feel much more special than coming into some ones thread about DPS achievements and trying to fill it with hate and jealousy. You should try bakin' bro. Or get a woman to help you out. In more areas than just bakin.

/rant

GRATZ TO @FrozenArrow he's king of the Windforce! whoop whoop!!!11!1!!!

Not once did I make any personal attacks towards anyone in this thread. My criticism was at the build and its viability. Do some growing up and learn to have adult conversations without resorting to childish insults.

Again, please shut me up, please post a video of an a1 clear with your 30k hp and 200 ar.
Edited by Taoofss#1704 on 6/15/2013 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yall need to just calm down and praise him.
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Taoofss
Again, please shut me up, please post a video of an a1 clear with your 30k hp and 200 ar.

They've made vids.. I don't really know what's your problem..

So.. we should all play like "you" since your way is the VIABLE way?

We'll all be just robots and play "EFFICIENTLY" and since I'm geared for MP1, that i'll stay at MP1 even though I can do MP10 even if it takes some time?

They should've placed a DPS Check on every MP on Every Act on Every Quest if that's how we're supposed to play.

Oh wait.. I forgot.. we're supposed to play how we want and that farming MP10 efficiently is just something the forums and the player base are obsessed around? Sorry but I fail to see logic in how we'll have fun if we'll all go clone each other.
Reply Quote
@ DarkJuggalo

Good job!! 350k dps is not that easy. I've been there and it's quite an effort!
Reply Quote
Taoofss- fail itemization build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Taoofss-1704/hero/33030204

Hinary- Smart itemization build without billions worth of gold
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hinary-1490/hero/1010449

They both have similar stats except Taoofss decided to buy more expensively.
Edited by FrozenArrow#1722 on 6/15/2013 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Drittz

You're beast man.. ur almost 400k dps with full nat set? That is just crazy!!
Reply Quote
@ DarkJuggalo

Good job!! 350k dps is not that easy. I've been there and it's quite an effort!

at 365k atm if i had won the bid on the zuni boots i wanted would be at 380k :( but i got a mediocre pair
Edited by DarkJuggalo#1217 on 6/15/2013 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@MrFrozen

Nice to know you've finally reached the 500k mark !

Your hard work in finding the right gears over time has finally paid off ~

Again , grats & thx u for showing us what can be done with a windforce ^-^
Edited by Mao#6908 on 6/15/2013 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@MrFrozen

Nice to know you've finally reached the 500k mark !

Your hard work in finding the right gears over time has finally paid off ~

Again , grats & thx u for showing us what can be done with a windforce ^-^

May the Force be with you XD
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 03:42 PMPosted by FrozenArrow
I don't understand why but that's what it is. My ring for example seemed mediocre, but there is not a single nat ring in the market that gives higher dps. Why? I don't know!

I have found this out as well on my DH. I changed from a similar ave dam with 4%cc nats ring to one with 40%cd and gained nearly 20k dps. I personally think it's to do with how much DPS you can gain from a single stat of CC% vs CD% once you have a highly geared DH, as when my DH was only around 200k DPS unbuffed i gained more DPS from the CC% ring over a CD% ring.

ps. well done on getting your build up over 500k DPS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]