Diablo® III

500k DPS WindForce Hunter. Goal Achieved.

Gratz brah! But can't help but notice - AR? :o
Reply Quote
Taoofss- fail itemization build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Taoofss-1704/hero/33030204

Hinary- Smart itemization build without billions worth of gold
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hinary-1490/hero/1010449

They both have similar stats except Taoofss decided to buy more expensively.

I already explained it before. He has 70+ Para Levels on me. At his para level, ill have 10k more hp, 30k+ more dps and 200+ more AR then him. How is that fail?

Unless you have no budget issues, you have to sacrfice one stat in order in gain another. Hinary decided to go semi- GC with no very low AR and Armor.

If you want a more balanced character, you obviously have to pay more.

Either way, my intentions arent to keep pushing for more and more paper dps. I'm dropping the rare ring for an soj and grabbing a temp EHP neck until i can craft better. Also looking for an AR witching hour. Depending on how good of a craft I get, ill end up with 350k-400k dps 70k life, 4k armor, 500+ar at Para-100.

@ posters who say "its not about efficiency, its about how they want to play the game."

Well that's fine, but don't say this build is capable of high mp farming if its just for fun.
Edited by Taoofss#1704 on 6/16/2013 2:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 02:26 AMPosted by Taoofss
Well that's fine, but don't say this build is capable of high mp farming if its just for fun.

But it IS capable of doing high MP Farming, maybe just not as efficient.

You do know that with END GAME gears, unlimited supply of Gold and supply of equipment, even this can get 1m eHP, 500k DPS, 75% Crit and so on and so on, right?

He made a goal for himself and reached it. That's worthy of a kudos.

Anything is capable of high MP Farming, there's also a SKILL part of the game.. not just item checks.

EDIT: I can make a vid of myself FARMING mp10 but not killing stuff fast enough. I can do it but it ain't efficient.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 6/16/2013 2:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 02:57 AMPosted by Chrizzle

But it IS capable of doing high MP Farming, maybe just not as efficient.

You do know that with END GAME gears, unlimited supply of Gold and supply of equipment, even this can get 1m eHP, 500k DPS, 75% Crit and so on and so on, right?

He made a goal for himself and reached it. That's worthy of a kudos.

Anything is capable of high MP Farming, there's also a SKILL part of the game.. not just item checks.

EDIT: I can make a vid of myself FARMING mp10 but not killing stuff fast enough. I can do it but it ain't efficient.
^^^this... And might I add that he is using a wind force.......manti with 500K dps is a lot easier to do IMO.
Reply Quote
All of my different builds have around 300k paper dps. This includes different armor pieces and so on.

I saw the builds you guys are using with windforce and decided to try it. It is a little less paper dps but wow does it free up skills and make the class more fun to play. Best part is they are dirt cheap even for high rolling examples. got one with 1355 damage and almost perfect everything else for 99m. only one stat was below perfect which was damage % at 49%.

Glad I came across this thread.
Reply Quote
Taoofss- fail itemization build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Taoofss-1704/hero/33030204

Hinary- Smart itemization build without billions worth of gold
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hinary-1490/hero/1010449

They both have similar stats except Taoofss decided to buy more expensively.

I already explained it before. He has 70+ Para Levels on me. At his para level, ill have 10k more hp, 30k+ more dps and 200+ more AR then him. How is that fail?

Unless you have no budget issues, you have to sacrfice one stat in order in gain another. Hinary decided to go semi- GC with no very low AR and Armor.

Either way, my intentions arent to keep pushing for more and more paper dps. I'm dropping the rare ring for an soj and grabbing a temp EHP neck until i can craft better. Also looking for an AR witching hour. Depending on how good of a craft I get, ill end up with 350k-400k dps 70k life, 4k armor, 500+ar at Para-100.

@ posters who say "its not about efficiency, its about how they want to play the game."

Well now I must correct you. I used his gear as a template and switched 1 skill I did mp10 at paragom 0-5. I destroyed most stuff fast and with ease and with kiting died very rarely. Out of 3 hrs I died twice to jailer mortat teleport extra health.
Reply Quote
Congrats on reaching your goal, that's awesome!!!!

If I changed my SOJ for my Unity, and swapped my manticore for my Windforce I think I can reach 390k. When doing that I generally change to Entangling shot - Shock coller and Elemental arrow - ball lightning.

This is giving me the inspiration to start using my WF again
Reply Quote

Well now I must correct you. I used his gear as a template and switched 1 skill I did mp10 at paragom 0-5. I destroyed most stuff fast and with ease and with kiting died very rarely. Out of 3 hrs I died twice to jailer mortat teleport extra health.

So you farmed mp10 for 3 hours and gained only 5 para levels? You are full of it.
Reply Quote

So you farmed mp10 for 3 hours and gained only 5 para levels? You are full of it.

Ok guess I'm full of it. Anyone who goes outside of the cookiecutter is full of it. Get over yourself
Reply Quote

Ok guess I'm full of it. Anyone who goes outside of the cookiecutter is full of it. Get over yourself

It's like this in every game. A few people do all the work to come up with the best possible strategies, builds, micro, etc and then everyone else just mimics it. A good number of those people (not everyone) are usually the ones complaining about the particular game being stale, no diversity of strategies, guns, builds, yet they do no thinking for themselves. They would rather just blindly wait for the persons who created X strat/build to lead the way, copy it by the book and then brag about how well they mimic pro-gamer A's play as if they themselves did something special, often without even giving credit to the person obviously responsible for their "success"

What intrigues me about this mentality in D3, is that you can't "win" in this game, nor is there any real competition. There's no set rules to follow, ladder, point system, reward or anything here. People throw around the term "viable" as if there's some concrete grounds of what "viable" is and does it really matter in the end?

An example of this is when someone comes in and says "I can clear act 7 in 35 minutes with X build and gear" This soon becomes the staple and the thing to beat. The mentality I see often is that if you aren't farming act 7 in roughly 35 minutes using X build, you're doing it wrong. This means they believe if you are farming act 7 your way, such as opening chest and flipping bodies with your own build and it takes you 37 minutes to clear, it's considered "not viable" and it doesn't "work" I find this hilarious when the game doesn't reward you with anything for doing a particular run the cookie-cutter standard, as if the RNG gods are going to grant you more legendaries/DE's etc for doing so. Let's not even mention the RNG of E affix's per run.

Now I do understand that doing a run 1 to 2 minutes faster is more efficient after about 8 or 9 runs, and it may be cool to work towards seeing how fast you can personally clear, but to say other things don't work or not viable because it's 30 seconds slower at clearing is simply lol in a game like this. Even more lol's to those that actually think their way is the only way to play. Going even further, there are those that sacrifice FUN FACTOR just to edge out 20 seconds less time per run! Crazy I know!

That's the end of my rant. I think some people put way too much emphasis on the above, and from personal experience, these are usually the same people that aren't really having fun with the game. A bit counter-productive IMO.
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 6/16/2013 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 12:38 AMPosted by bob778
I don't understand why but that's what it is. My ring for example seemed mediocre, but there is not a single nat ring in the market that gives higher dps. Why? I don't know!

I have found this out as well on my DH. I changed from a similar ave dam with 4%cc nats ring to one with 40%cd and gained nearly 20k dps. I personally think it's to do with how much DPS you can gain from a single stat of CC% vs CD% once you have a highly geared DH, as when my DH was only around 200k DPS unbuffed i gained more DPS from the CC% ring over a CD% ring.

ps. well done on getting your build up over 500k DPS

Congrats to OP!!! Great achievement!!!

I noticed the same issue with my nats ring. I bought the nats ring cheaper than a 3.5% CC ring with similar stats. In this case, the CD is worth more than the CC
Reply Quote
Congrats to you FrozenArrow.

You have achieved a fantastic milestone with a Windforce. In all my theorycrafting to me it seems quite hard to achieve that sort of DPS given that WF has no natural Crit Damage.

Interestingly If I was to swap out your Zuni boots for my Ice Climbers on my DH i'm looking at a loss of slightly over 9k DPS + 83k EHP, but when using your profile my Ice Climbers would equate to a loss of over 16k DPS for you but give you a boost of just under 40k EHP, which seems a rather paltry amount of EHP in comparison to me and I am amazed at the DPS disparity due to the difference in our gear using that one item swap as an example!

Some food for thought so to speak, mayhaps I should go back to the drawing board to come up with a better way of increasing my DPS...

Silver
Reply Quote
why can't he quote me.. i r jealous.
Reply Quote
Nicely done Frozen arrow!

I've pretty much finished building my Barbarian so I figured I'd check out the DH forums to look for some idea's for my DH, and here I am.
Had a windy on her most of the time. I've tried calamity and manti, but I just like windforce for some reason. Call me an old D2 dinosaur, oh wait, I am.

Personally I don't think building my ehp that low would work for myself. I play on the end of 280-350ms ping so I need some survival on all of my characters to compensate for the lag.
I'd appreciate any advise you have for my DH. I figure I'll start crafting some braciers and try to get some with good ehp + cc to replace the lacuni's then I can change out the depth diggers for inna's legs which seem to be the flavor for dh's.
Up to now I've had little interest in my DH, but that will change now that im not devoting all my resources to my barb now. It's time to build up my next character!
Reply Quote

If you are farming fast and efficiently like you said, you are getting at the very least 80-120 million exp per hour mp 10. Hell even if you were slow, its still 50 million per hour. The fact that you only got to paragon 5 shows that you were NOT clearing MP 10 for 3 hours. Thats why you are full of it.

If you want to say the build is fun for you sure, if you want to come here and tell people that its viable for mp 10 farming? No, just no. The same GC DH who follow these builds are the ones complaining about every other class in the general forums. You don't clear content because this is a niche build.

And it's not just 20 seconds faster per run through. Festering-Leroics-Cemetary-Fields, I'd be surprised you can do it under 45. Lets not even talk about a4.
Edited by Taoofss#1704 on 6/17/2013 2:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
All of my different builds have around 300k paper dps. This includes different armor pieces and so on.

I saw the builds you guys are using with windforce and decided to try it. It is a little less paper dps but wow does it free up skills and make the class more fun to play. Best part is they are dirt cheap even for high rolling examples. got one with 1355 damage and almost perfect everything else for 99m. only one stat was below perfect which was damage % at 49%.

Another believer made. I was loaned a POS windy way back in the day just after they buffed them. I lost 20K sheet DPS and 30 minutes later I bought a perfect stat 1275 DPS windy for 900K and ditched the Manti until I could afford a good Calamity.

Now it's a 40K DPS loss from the Manti I carry to a 1315DPS (1677 with marq ruby) Windy, which I actually prefer for most situations. Problem is that my manti has vit which is hard for me to give up. I've got a bead on the #1 HC Windy, if I can get the guy to part with it AND come up with the funds.

Also to update, I hit 305K DPS with my rubied Windforce and passives alone (152K unbuffed). I have a couple pieces that got me to 385K DPS, but I sure as heck wouldn't play with them on. I could swap the gem for a emerald...maybe I'll simulate it on D3up.
Reply Quote
I bought a 500k Windy for some reason.. it has a slot, 49% KB and 1.2k DPS.. it was cheap for 500k ^_^
Reply Quote
@ Rav1n

nice hardcore demon hunter! I haven't seen one of the best at there yet in hardcore but I can see you are one of them. How do you feel about wind force in comparison to manticore/calamity for survival rate? Do you feel safer in hardcore world?

People doubt windforce as in some sort of useless weapon due to low dos, however with knockbacks and life steal is an amazing combination seem to be under rated for most.

Hope you get a best bet on the windforce auction.
Reply Quote
Why TY FrozenArrow, means a lot to me coming from you! I would be the scrub of the best HC DHs, or the best of the srcubs, take your pick :D M vote for #1 HC DH would be ActionKungFu, that guy is AMAZING.

Personally I think that the WF is THE best survival tool outside of a perfectly rolled rare Revenant Bow. Even if it lowers sheet DPS if you are including a skill or two that does not crit (Sentry, Caltrops, Vault, Smoke, Companion etc) the increase in AS and non-crit damage makes up for it, sometimes surpassing it. Windforce has given me the confidence to tackle solo A2 runs in MP4-5.

I used to hate the KB on Windforce, but those were my tank days. I still tank a little, but I try to play like a good DH should. The KB effect from Cluster Grenades is absolutely stellar even with the low KB on my current windy. Set up a sentry and spam grenades, not too many monsters will touch you. I have learned to love it, and even have several pairs of gFg AR Strongarm bracers to give me a bit more KB.

Thanks for the wishes on that new WF. It's 1345 DPS with OS and perfect stat rolls with the exception of KB which is still near 45-49%(I forget as I don't consider KB in my selection of WFs). They really don't get much better than that!
Reply Quote

Another believer made. I was loaned a POS windy way back in the day just after they buffed them. I lost 20K sheet DPS and 30 minutes later I bought a perfect stat 1275 DPS windy for 900K and ditched the Manti until I could afford a good Calamity.

Now it's a 40K DPS loss from the Manti I carry to a 1315DPS (1677 with marq ruby) Windy, which I actually prefer for most situations. Problem is that my manti has vit which is hard for me to give up. I've got a bead on the #1 HC Windy, if I can get the guy to part with it AND come up with the funds.

Also to update, I hit 305K DPS with my rubied Windforce and passives alone (152K unbuffed). I have a couple pieces that got me to 385K DPS, but I sure as heck wouldn't play with them on. I could swap the gem for a emerald...maybe I'll simulate it on D3up.

When I am not using one of my various calamity builds with different gear set ups i run legacy nats with windforce and bat companion and literally never run out of resources while just tunneling damage at distance. it will never net extreme paper dps numbers but its fun being able to face roll up to MP9 before I finally start getting non sucktacular rolls on crafted gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]