Diablo® III

500k DPS WindForce Hunter. Goal Achieved.

Some players can't see beyond the scope of what they're personally capable of. "if I can't do it, it's not possible"

Also it can appear as resentment, when they're seeing someone else actually enjoy the game in a way that they themselves don't think is enjoyable.

+1

+1
Reply Quote
Guess he didn't make it back lol. Well, there goes my fun (and my donut) :(
Reply Quote
Glass Cannon?

Haven't played in forever, but last I remember, going full DPS wasn't a hard achievement.
Reply Quote
@OP

make a vid at MP10 or 9 or something, that'll shut up the pessimists or no?
Reply Quote
View profile
@OP

make a vid at MP10 or 9 or something, that'll shut up the pessimists or no?

With his DPS using WF MP10 wont be that hard to deal with. You stay at range 90% of the time and typically don't take damage if you spec right and know how to play it.
Reply Quote
That's not being a realist. He came out in full attack of something he's not able to fully comprehend. Instead of saying "Oh, well that's incredibly low EHP, how do you farm in game?" He's saying "LOL you must die vs every pack, why even do that? There's no way you can play this game like that".

Well, both pretty much have the same meaning just the former sounds much nicer to the ears. I believe the point was with the low EHP.

is possible and has been shown in threads with several videos on these boards. As stated before, that's not being a realist, that's just being stubborn.

You mean range is possible? Well yeah but it depends on how much you expect from the DH. Won't go into that again because it seems some people refuse to accept what's better.

Again, i'm not saying range is bad. I'm just saying they are better alternatives. So no need to start another war here.

07/07/2013 03:46 AMPosted by DiEoxidE
If anyone's going to come in a thread to flame completely unprepared like he did, at least know enough about what you're talking about

I think certain people knows what they are talking. Not everyone is ignorant like what you claim.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/07/2013 08:14 AMPosted by SwSw
Well, both pretty much have the same meaning just the former sounds much nicer to the ears. I believe the point was with the low EHP.

I don't see anything wrong with ehp.

I have 4000/220 and less than 40k Life, my ehp without dodge is much lower than 200k. I can "tank" MP10 with gloom and echoing blast and without Perfectionist or Numbing Traps. I will be even more "tanky" if I have more dps.

Some people just like to make their character as hard as they can get, but unless you have 90-100k life with 5000/500 something will always 1-shot you (Go Act4 and try tanking those lords and you will know what I mean).

I can't play complete range as I'm not good at stepping, I'm about 1 pace slower than my aps, but I still play as a range hunter. There are no rule saying you are range only if you are always far in range. The advantage of being at range is that you deal damage and not take any. So just step back when you need to and attack before the monsters can.

Reply Quote

One states "I don't know how you're doing it" and the other states "You can't do it" You don't think there's a distinct difference between the two?

You mean range is possible? Well yeah but it depends on how much you expect from the DH. Won't go into that again because it seems some people refuse to accept what's better.

There's also a difference between "possible" and "better" No one argues that other builds/play styles outside of RF are "better" but there are people that think the alternatives are too far behind RF to be considered effective, which is far from the truth and I, as well as others, have proven that, several times. No one has ever tried to say the alternatives are better, but you have to realize that maybe some people don't enjoy farming with the absolute best spec, and prefer alternatives that are also effective that doesn't gimp you completely and are more fun for them. I'm not sure why people have an issue with this.... lol.

I think certain people knows what they are talking. Not everyone is ignorant like what you claim.

Context? I didn't claim everyone was ignorant, where did you get that? That makes no sense. The guy however, who posted IS ignorant. That's not a claim, that's a fact. When you flame without reading the content of thread, without an understanding of his goals and without literally checking out on these forums how it's possible to farm mp 10 with that kind of EHP, then yes, that IS the textbook definition of ignorance.

Come on man, you're better than this. I mean, I'm bored and wanted to rave this thread, as I'm sure you were as well for some entertainment, but man it's nearly impossible to defend this guy here and how he went about this. If you were his lawyer, pleading his case in a court room, you would have lost horribly, not because you don't know what you're talking about or don't have the experience, but simply because you.... really.... can't.... defend...... ignorance :(
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 7/7/2013 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Kinda boring to just.. Gloom > spam spam spam > Gloom > Spam spam spam. No offense Nyan ;)

Watch some of DiE's vids.. You'll see how he deals MP10 with less than 400k eHP.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/dieoxide-1987/DiEoxidE/11368208

It's like he's not even getting hit much and dances in the battlefield >_<

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/swsw-2890/Erin/3515351
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SwSw-2890/hero/11450608

Yes, RANGE is possible.. I took a look at your profile via Diabloprogress and see that you're using a CM Wiz now? maybe? The play style of a CM Wiz is very different if you'll suddenly try to play RANGED with a DH.

Also see that you're running Shadow Power- Glide in your DH. Shadow Power, regardless of it's rune is a very nice panic button since.. use it once, spam some stuff and you'll be in full health.

ANYWAYS..
Just so that you won't search anymore..
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377488241?page=3#41

Look into the topic, then with the vids :) It will show that RANGED is indeed possible.

BUT. To each his own. I respect any play style.. I myself is playing a different one. I stack APS and little to no CD and CC and rely on my Sentry and Ferrets, to do the killing.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 7/7/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

It may mean the same thing but they contain very different intentions. The former is of an inquisitive attitude, one that's willing to learn and accept that there is another way to do things. The latter is pure 'You suck I rule nehnehneh'.

It's the difference between being a mature adult and a fool.

And not to claim that you are anything like that guy, but with words like this,

Again, i'm not saying range is bad. I'm just saying they are better alternatives.

you're just as stubborn and close minded. Please, learn to see beyond your own nose.
Reply Quote
07/07/2013 09:26 AMPosted by DiEoxidE
there are people that think the alternatives are too far behind RF to be considered effective, which is far from the truth and I, as well as others, have proven that, several times.

Again, all this are too subjective to measure. For example, you might deem what you are doing on par with better specs or slightly behind. But the rest just felt that it just isn't good enough. I don't think anyone is right or wrong here. After all, is just a game and everyone's bias towards certain style.

Come on man, you're better than this. I mean, I'm bored and wanted to rave this thread, as I'm sure you were as well for some entertainment, but man it's nearly impossible to defend this guy here and how he went about this. If you were his lawyer, pleading his case in a court room, you would have lost horribly, not because you don't know what you're talking about or don't have the experience, but simply because you.... really.... can't.... defend...... ignorance :(

well yeah I did come here for the entertainment. Anyway all this range vs melee nonsense should stop. Is getting old.

07/07/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Chrizzle
Yes, RANGE is possible.. I took a look at your profile via Diabloprogress and see that you're using a CM Wiz now? maybe? The play style of a CM Wiz is very different if you'll suddenly try to play RANGED with a DH.

i've always been a DH but wanted a change. CM wiz is just insane and does way more damage. So why not? and my DH right now is rubbish. Just couldn't bear leaving her naked.

07/07/2013 10:27 AMPosted by The47thSen
you're just as stubborn and close minded. Please, learn to see beyond your own nose.

stubborn and close minded? Please dude. I've never played any mainstream specs such as EB or RF. I've hated them but I do know they are much better compared to what I ran before I sold my DH.

I'm not being what you claim I am. I'm just acknowledging they are better stuff out there. Can I call you naive and ignorant for failing to realize they are better specs out there? XD
Reply Quote
07/07/2013 11:22 AMPosted by SwSw
i've always been a DH but wanted a change. CM wiz is just insane and does way more damage. So why not? and my DH right now is rubbish. Just couldn't bear leaving her naked.

Aye, but playing DH is the only challenge left.. THEN you up it up a notch and go RANGED.. and then I, and some others like Mao, further upped it a notch and went with no CC and CD.

The only way to have fun with the DH is.. making and perfecting your builds.. going out of the norm.

If I may, go and make a viable MP10 Build that doesn't use Archon or CM and Nova? It might be hard, right?

Or a Barb without HOTA or DT and Wrath. Heck.. just without Battle Rage-Into The Fray might outright gimp any HOTA/DT build..

So far, that's what we, DHs here at the US server are trying to accomplish, build skill builds that are out of the norm.

DiE's version requires skill, actual skill and attention on your character's surroundings.. my build when facing an RD revolves around running like hell around my enemy while they die out of Sentry fire with me vaulting often when needed ^_^
Reply Quote
07/07/2013 11:22 AMPosted by SwSw
I'm not being what you claim I am. I'm just acknowledging they are better stuff out there. Can I call you naive and ignorant for failing to realize they are better specs out there? XD

You just told DiE that better is subjective. Can something too subjective to measure really be better? Better than what? In whose terms? Do I care that you believe you're better than me?
Reply Quote
Again, all this are too subjective to measure. For example, you might deem what you are doing on par with better specs or slightly behind. But the rest just felt that it just isn't good enough. I don't think anyone is right or wrong here. After all, is just a game and everyone's bias towards certain style.

There are not many people at all that feel like what I'm achieving isn't effective, while there's hundreds of DH's and over 90 pages of responses throughout various threads that feel like it is effective (given the player can pull it off that is). Those claims can, and have been backed up many times. You saying "the rest" shows no merit in the current other than words because you have not shown otherwise. Other than that, yes, I agree there's no right and wrong.

well yeah I did come here for the entertainment. Anyway all this range vs melee nonsense should stop. Is getting old.

:D But think for a second, the OP only made the thread to post about a personal goal. Why all the flames, or better yet, why do you support the flames when the OP was just stating a personal goal he achieved. Makes you look like you're hoping on a band wagon you don't really belong in because you're smarter than that.......

stubborn and close minded? Please dude. I've never played any mainstream specs such as EB or RF. I've hated them but I do know they are much better compared to what I ran before I sold my DH.

Much respect, but you make it sound like just because what you ran and achieve you felt was way below the standard spec, doesn't mean everyone elses experience is the same. It sounds like because you had those specific limitations that everyone else should as well, and that's simply not the case, especially a ranged spec in which player control makes or breaks a build. Being an experienced DH yourself, you should know this, in fact, I'm sure you do know this.

I'm not being what you claim I am. I'm just acknowledging they are better stuff out there.

I'm sure the entire community knows of the better stuff. It's all around the board, so I'm sure you're not doing anyone a favor by reiterating what everyone already knows, unless that's what entertains you personally :D

When I see your post, this is what I see. "Hey, Honda's have always been the most reliable cars in the history of mankind" and you can't fathom why anyone would want to by a Hyundai or a Mazda and why everyone isn't just driving a Honda, seeing how other cars according to you, aren't good enough for reliability. Ya, you claim you drove the Hyundai back in the day with their hilarious reliability issues, but things have changed, kinks have been worked out and now they are a great alternative, though still not as trustworthy as a Honda, but you refuse to accept that the Hyundai has gotten better, despite the proof in the track record, simply because to you, it's still not a Honda.

Since this is your mindset, despite us being very similar with creativity and refusing to give into the "Honda", we will never be on the same page because you've given up on the Hyundai while I chose to stand by it and work along side it to make it what it is today along with many other DH's. :D
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 7/7/2013 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Rofl i never knew US forums were so hilarious.

Basically a clan of random DH's trying to be as uneffective as possible while having as low EHP as possible and pretending to be "amazing". Hah.

Saw some of the vids on these forums and while i do appreciate people playing for fun please don't go ahead and say stuff is viable when you take ages to kill a single elite pack while also having to micromanage more than any single other class/build.

Like lol run around elite packs while sentries kill the pack.. might as well go watch a movie during that time.

Or the other vid as someone pointed out already.. besides the slow killing times of die's+flight(?) everything is easy packs/trash already cleared so they can kite forever.

A savage beast charge and you're all taking a dirt nap.. hilarious really.

My last post here though, might read replies but judging from the amount of funny DH's around these forums i'm actually glad i'm playing on the EU, wouldn't want any part of this "community" .

You're also going to agree with eachother and bash me anyway since you got your own little clan going =).. so see me care.

lol. Looks like you still haven't seen the vids. I'll wait till you post something... worth responding to. In the meantime, glad your back! How was the coffee, and where's my donut? I knew you couldn't stay away from this thread for long, and it looks like you came back with some fresh material! How long did it take you to gather all that up and did you do it all by yourself? This is exciting, can't wait to see what you're going to post next :D
Reply Quote
View profile
Rofl i never knew US forums were so hilarious.

Basically a clan of random DH's trying to be as uneffective as possible while having as low EHP as possible and pretending to be "amazing". Hah.

Saw some of the vids on these forums and while i do appreciate people playing for fun please don't go ahead and say stuff is viable when you take ages to kill a single elite pack while also having to micromanage more than any single other class/build.

Like lol run around elite packs while sentries kill the pack.. might as well go watch a movie during that time.

Or the other vid as someone pointed out already.. besides the slow killing times of die's+flight(?) everything is easy packs/trash already cleared so they can kite forever.

A savage beast charge and you're all taking a dirt nap.. hilarious really.

My last post here though, might read replies but judging from the amount of funny DH's around these forums i'm actually glad i'm playing on the EU, wouldn't want any part of this "community" .

You're also going to agree with eachother and bash me anyway since you got your own little clan going =).. so see me care.

So, you goad people with disrespect, fail to backup statements, show ignorant points of view, and then "claim" that you won't reply anymore while at the sametime mentioning that you'll be "reading" it.

What does that sound like?

If this is really your last reply then just leave and don't come back then(it's gonna be real hard for you). All you want to do is feel superior over others, that's exactly why your initial post in here was worded the way it was.

It's always somebody from EU that gets context mixed up, too, isn't it? <- This part is totally understandable, as we run off of a different schema. Something that's "humourous" to you, might not be "humorous" to us. Why open a floodgate being deliberately disrespectful, though?
Reply Quote
Americans never cease to amaze...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]