Diablo® III

I want Leaderboards, NOT ladders!

I find the whole concept of Ladders to be a bad idéa.

I don't want to re-roll my chars one more time. I don't want to start from 0 gold again and slowly work my way up to better gear.

I have 5 hardcore chars I am proud of, and have invested alot of time and effort into making them better over time, and I still have ALOT of things to try out with them before I feel "finished" with these chars. In fact I doubt I will ever feel finished with them.

What I want is MORE things to do when I play these 5 chars, MORE end-game, MORE fun stuff et c. But I want to keep my chars and their gear! :)

This MORE can include my suggestion, 2-month Leaderboards (or another appropriate lenght).

I advice the following.

During a period of 2 months, we have a set of Leaderboards that rank players and parties. Every second month (and when a new patch come) these Leaderboards are reset.

When the Leaderboards end, the top players of each leaderboard get Bind-on-Account rewards like cosmetic rewards (like the wings) and Transmog items (only for show-off, see description here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/157hgu/blizzard_could_we_have_a_system_in_diablo_similar/).

During the Leaderboard, all top players/parties will also see their Battle.Net tag featured in a prominent place within the game. These leaderboards should be very visible within the game. (Compare the ladder rankings of D2.)

As soon as we get more idéas of appropriate leaderboards it is easy to incorporate them into this Leaderboard system.

For example we get a new end-game endless dungeon style, just pop on a leaderboard and we have a ranking system built into it as well! :)

The concept of these Leaderboards are that they are suited for both solo- and teamplay, favours human players (so no bots), are good for both softcore and hardcore, and the gaming sessions are limited within a certain time frame (best is between 30-60 minutes, never longer then 2 hours).
They should also keep in touch with the foundation of D3 gameplay, killing monsters. Hence you find no leaderboard for fastest clear of a whole Act, because that just targets running and is not what D3 is about.

If wanted, these Leaderboards can also be divided into AH allowed Leaderboards, and a separate instance of Leaderboards for Self-found characters.

Here are my first suggestions for Leaderboards:

1) Elite Über Party Leaderboard

Objective: Kill 5 Elite packs and all Übers as fast as possible. Time starts when game is created and time stops when last Über boss is dead.

Your calculated score time is based on the MP you choose to play. (My calculation favour the parties who choose to play on high MP's a little since they spend a higher proportion of their game time fighting rather then running. But this is good since we talk about Übers.)

(I base my calculation on this, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/monster-power-more-guts-more-glory-10-11-2012)

MP 10 (3439% monster health): score time = actual game time
MP 9 (2457% monster health): score time = (actual game time) * 1.340 (3439 divided by 2457 is 1.340)
MP 8 (1755% monster health): score time = (actual game time) * 1.960
MP 0 (100% monster health): score time = (actual game time) * 34.39

Top 1000 score times (the lower the better) are listed on the leaderboard, showing the Battle.Net tags, classes, MP played et c for that party.
A party with the same four battle.net tags can only be featured once on the leaderboard, but one Battle.net tag can be part of several different parties.

2) Solo Experience Leaderboards (6 in total, one general and one for each class)

Objective: Get as much experience as possible in 1 hour.

The game tracks your experience gain during one hour. If you are in top 1000, your experience gain is submitted to the leaderboards.

Top 1000 experience gainers are listed on 6 leaderboards (one general + one for each class, 1000 listed in each) with their Battle.Net tag, class, Act and MP played et c.

3) Party Experience Leaderboard (only one version of this leaderboard)

Objective: Get as much party experience as possible in 1 hour.

The game tracks the experience gain of the whole party during one hour. If your party is in the top 1000, your experience gain is submitted to the leaderboards.

Top 1000 parties are listed on the leaderboard, showing the Battle.Net tags, classes, Act and MP played et c for that party.
A party with the same four battle.net tags can only be featured once on the leaderboard, but one Battle.net tag can be part of several different parties.

4) Solo Elite Kill Leaderboards (6 in total, one general and one for each class)

Objective: Kill 30 (or another good number) Elite packs as fast as possible, in one game. Time starts when game is created and time stops when Elite pack 30 is dead.

Your calculated score time is based on the MP you choose to play.

MP 9 (2457% monster health): score time = (actual game time) * 1.340 (3439 divided by 2457 is 1.340)

Top 1000 Elite Killers (the lower time the better) are listed on 6 leaderboards (one general + one for each class, 1000 listed in each) with their Battle.Net tag, class, Act and MP played et c.

This idéa would greatly benefit from allowing cross-act play, then we can set the number of elite kills to 50 or some other number (not possible in only one act).

5) Party Elite Kill Leaderboard (only one version of this leaderboard)

Objective: Kill 30 (or another good number) Elite packs as fast as possible, in one game. Time starts when game is created and time stops when Elite pack 30 is dead.

Your calculated score time is based on the MP you choose to play.

Top 1000 parties are listed on the leaderboard, showing the Battle.Net tags, classes, Act and MP played et c for that party.

Please feel free to discuss and add idéas regarding Leaderboards! :)
Edited by MagnusN#2169 on 6/14/2013 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
+1
Reply Quote
This. People that want ladders don't actually want them, because they already have them and would be satisfied with them if they did.

But all of these ideas? Perfectly fine.
Reply Quote
In D2 there was ladder only gear. Make it BoA on softcore characters. Change them after every ladder reset so there is an incentive to play ladder after every reset.
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com for leaderboards (you're welcome)

give us ladders already
Edited by brutality#1781 on 6/14/2013 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I thought of a similar feature with Player Rankings and made a thread that even had some photoshopped UI pictures, heres some of them;

http://i.imgur.com/HF9ILQs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3lVtYPZ.jpg

Here's the thread;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245584813

Didn't get much attention though.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 6/14/2013 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would do ladders only if it was an option. As talked about before adding a character slot that you can use for only ladders. This ladder came could (or should be) auction house free, have a separate stash, and be a completely separate game. Just like hardcore compared to softcore.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/14/2013 06:59 AMPosted by MagnusN
I don't want to re-roll my chars one more time. I don't want to start from 0 gold again and slowly work my way up to better gear.

For the hundredth billionth time, you don't have to if you don't want to.

Now I assume you mean ladder-only items come into play, well, both your idea and ladder could be used to obtain said items. That means you don't actually have to play ladder to get the ladder only items. But ladder is still an option.
Reply Quote
Check out DiabIprogress.com. I mean if you don't like the ladder just play the non-ladder char and you're fine.

The best thing most players keep forgetting is the reset of the economy, which i am sure they would love, especially the casual players who do not have that kind of endgame gold that is required to progress now!

Edit: This additionally means the player with the biggest mastercard wins the leader boards?
Edited by ORRRR#2493 on 6/14/2013 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
I, for one, LOVE this idea! this would give me the oppurtunity to prove that i am THE BEST all classes/soft or hardcore/US or EU D3 no-life player out there. Heed the warning fellas, I will be takingnames and pwning all faces!

:)

Side Note: DiabloProgress only shows how big of a wallet one may have... doesnt mean anything about their game play.

Hell, there are streamers out there that have crazy elite gearz and that offer MP10 uber carries and it takes them 3 hours to get it done... or they have to call in people that are OP to get it done. pathetic souls...

Dont get me wrong... my wallet is hefty as you can see in some of my toons... barb was thrown together with spare poop.

BRING ON INGAME LEADERBOARDS! Do away with the progresssmogress! Come at me bros!

My challenge... you can beat me 3 out of 5 in brawling, ill give you 50mil PM ME if you want to get this on

edit: oops i dont know why my WoW stuff is showing, but you can get at me on D3 mavinked#1986 or my tube channel under 'mavinked'
Edited by mavINKED#1986 on 6/14/2013 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am for anything after the botting issue is dealt with first
Reply Quote
Check out DiabIprogress.com. I mean if you don't like the ladder just play the non-ladder char and you're fine.

The best thing most players keep forgetting is the reset of the economy, which i am sure they would love, especially the casual players who do not have that kind of endgame gold that is required to progress now!

Edit: This additionally means the player with the biggest mastercard wins the leader boards?

No it doesn't. DiabloProgress shows you which player has the biggest credit card.

These Leaderboards all require these things to be on top:

Good builds, for party leaderboards this is crucial to find builds that synergize well.
Well executed play, both Solo and Team.
Good Gear.

Only gear is featured on DiabloProgress.

If cash is all you have you will never be anywhere near the top of the Leaderboards.
Edited by MagnusN#2169 on 6/14/2013 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
leaderboards would be hilarious I can see it now

- most time played 9,360 hours
- elite kills 675,000

plz blizz give us leaderboards so we can laugh at the rampant botting allowed.
Reply Quote

- elite kills 675,000

Bad effort to shoot down a suggestion, giving it self-proposed properties it never had from the OP. Your idéas would be absolutely terrible I agree with you on that.

And that is why I outlined it like this, guess you never read the whole thing before you responded:

"The concept of these Leaderboards are that they are suited for both solo- and teamplay, favours human players (so no bots), are good for both softcore and hardcore, and the gaming sessions are limited within a certain time frame (best is between 30-60 minutes, never longer then 2 hours).
They should also keep in touch with the foundation of D3 gameplay, killing monsters. Hence you find no leaderboard for fastest clear of a whole Act, because that just targets running and is not what D3 is about."
Edited by MagnusN#2169 on 6/14/2013 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Spectral
People that want ladders don't actually want them,

WOW! Can you tell me next week's winning lottery numbers, too? I mean, since you're psyhic and all...

@OP
When I see posts like yours, all I see is "WAAAAH I don't like that idea DO MINE INSTEAD!"
Reply Quote
I do NOT want to delete my stuff in a reset. I do NOT want my hard fought gear going away

If leaderboards allowed us to COMPETE and reuse the gear im OK with that or if there was a Allocation process to committ gear to a competition season. Choice, competition, with fairness
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Flufflwuffl
Side Note: DiabloProgress only shows how big of a wallet one may have... doesnt mean anything about their game play.

Exactly this. Leaderboards take all the following into account (DiabloProgress only 3):

1) Builds, for party play crucial to find good synergy builds. Also for Single player you must find the best builds to be effective at the different Leaderboards.

2) How well you execute gameplay.

3) Gear.

If all you have is 3 you will never be near the top of any Leaderboard.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Twister
I do NOT want to delete my stuff in a reset. I do NOT want my hard fought gear going away

Exactly, Leaderboards is your answer then. The characters and gear stay forever, only the Leaderboards reset from time to time.

One more positive with Leaderboards is that it does not divide the community into different Realms (ladder vs non-ladder). You can continue to play with all your friends and chars.
Reply Quote

- elite kills 675,000

Bad effort to shoot down a suggestion, giving it self-proposed properties it never had from the OP. Your idéas would be absolutely terrible I agree with you on that.

I wasn't shooting down your suggestion leaderboards are cool, I don't enjoy them to the extent and detail you talk about in your post but really leaderboards are good.

I was just reminded of the BF3 leaderboards where the top people have 200%accuracy, 175 KD and HS from 3 million yards. I want D3 leaderboards so I can see all the exploiters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]