Diablo® III

Multiplayer Loot

From what I understand same screen co-op will share loot, ok that's not really an issue for me but why, if I'm not sharing the same screen is loot still shared?? This makes me and I'm sure other console gamers not even want to play with others online due to the fact that someone could just be a vulture and snag loot while I fight..please Blizzard say it ain't so...I enjoy playing with others but I will only play solo if loot is to be shared online...
Reply Quote
Loot is not shared with online players, when playing online loot will be player specific exactly like the PC.
Reply Quote
Yes, thank you
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/16/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Jza
if I'm not sharing the same screen is loot still shared??

I can see that this question was already answered in this thread, but it doesn't hurt to hear it from a blue. The only time that loot is shared is during local coop play. Any loot on your screen during online multiplayer is just for you, exactly like it is on the PC version. Also, the multiplayer bonus will be in the console version, so it's a good idea to play in a group whenever you're up for it.
Reply Quote
@Grimiku where did the previous thread relating the 3 people playing the console version go?
Reply Quote
in other words, if anyone tries to steal your loot on local coop play...

1. just turn to the direction they are in
2. wind up punching arm
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!
Reply Quote
Thank you, I can't wait...but really, I can't. Lol
Reply Quote
On the PC, when I play a public game, all the loot is shared. I have seen piles of loot dissapear in a second because three other players started plundering the stack. The thing, they don't seem to share is gold. I am not sure, whether this is as designed, but simply stating: in multiplayer on the PC, the loot is yours is simply not true, I have seen my loot dissapear to many times.
Edited by terror#2330 on 8/21/2013 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2013 12:35 PMPosted by terror
On the PC, when I play a public game, all the loot is shared. I have seen piles of loot dissapear in a second because three other players started plundering the stack. The thing, they don't seem to share is gold. I am not sure, whether this is as designed, but simply stating: in multiplayer on the PC, the loot is yours is simply not true, I have seen my loot dissapear to many times.

That's not possible unless it's loot that you are actually dropping on the ground. Any loot that drops from a monster on your PC is only visible to you.
Reply Quote
I didn't drop anything because as a wizard, I tend to fight in the back and cast rays. So when the boss dies, I will not stand in its final explosion. When does my wizard automatically dump its inventory?

So its either
- Other players drop their loot waiting for the loot of the dying boss, while some others take it
- Loot is shared.

Yesterday, I hadn't considered other players dropping their loot.
So thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]