Diablo® III

fury gained compared to damage taken

As far as I can tell, the best calculation (roughly) is

F=D/2 where

F = fury gained
D = % of life taken by the hit

all of this is rounded down to the nearest integer, which means you can gain 0 fury if the amount f damage taken is less than 2% of your life.

Can we please test this/find more information?

I've looked for a couple of days and everyone just seems to shrug shoulders
Reply Quote
so no one knows?
Reply Quote
I believe it´s just actual damage / 1000. Quite some time ago I researched various parts of fury generation and even stuff like Superstition (a pain)...

The trouble testing this is the fact that the globy uses decimals (unknown how many) and it´s not easy to tell the monster to hit you for x damage. Your best shot would be field effects or firechains. They mostly deal the same damage per tick.

You´d test this by having the mouse cursor over an empty fury globe and record the gain. The higher the damage taken, the easier it should be to figure out if it´s % of max life or damage / 1000 (damage / x).

If noone does this, I guess I´ll be the "victim" again...but I´m done playing for today, so maybe tomorrow.
Reply Quote
I believe it´s just actual damage / 1000. Quite some time ago I researched various parts of fury generation and even stuff like Superstition (a pain)...

The trouble testing this is the fact that the globy uses decimals (unknown how many) and it´s not easy to tell the monster to hit you for x damage. Your best shot would be field effects or firechains. They mostly deal the same damage per tick.

You´d test this by having the mouse cursor over an empty fury globe and record the gain. The higher the damage taken, the easier it should be to figure out if it´s % of max life or damage / 1000 (damage / x).

If noone does this, I guess I´ll be the "victim" again...but I´m done playing for today, so maybe tomorrow.

Would it be easier to test if using a second player in the PvP arena for more consistent damage? They could equip +min damage items to flatten it out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]