Diablo® III

WW/HOTA/SNB = INCREDIBLE FUN

So on a whim I switched my "Storbend" barb from DW to SnB....I can't believe how fun it is running WW/HOTA/Snb....Looking forward to beefing him up and seeing how efficient I can make him. If you're in the market for a switch up then consider trying it out...it's a fun and viable alternative.
Reply Quote
Welcome to the dark side
Reply Quote
I made the switch awhile ago and absolutely love it. i run without WotB though,,,a bit slower but i usually farm 8-9 as I find its the most efficient for me.

glad to see another baba trying out SnB.
Reply Quote
With a 10 percent shield and still using an Echoing Fury I swear you'll get more run out of a Ruby in that front slot.
Reply Quote
I would be wrong however according to d3rawr
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 10:33 AMPosted by MoshingChris
With a 10 percent shield and still using an Echoing Fury I swear you'll get more run out of a Ruby in that front slot.
A sword with either an Emerald or Ruby will outdo a EF for snbers :)
Reply Quote
Damn, and I'm selling the 3rd highest armor shield on the GAH. Would have liked to give it a go. Haven't used a shield since hitting the Act 2 wall of impossible progress.
Reply Quote
I'd like to try an axe/mace mainhand with a shield for the increased crit chance with a hybrid build. I feel like cc is just about the biggest limiter in the overall smoothness of a ww/hota build, and a shield can attack it head on.
Reply Quote
Is a blast isn't it? I switched about a month ago but no ww for me, rend instead.
Reply Quote
I've been going back and forth depending on what I'm doing. Sometimes pure ww, sometimes hybrid hota/ww, and sometimes pure hota. It does it all. Sometimes DW if i feel like going pure dps, but it's hard to even want to use dw after switching to snb.
Reply Quote
I'm currently digging the no bash, no gen build on mine. I'm close to where I was before I sold my items
Reply Quote
I'm sorry. What does using snb offer over dw for this build?
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 01:29 PMPosted by PhatPhoEater

The cool factor.
Reply Quote

06/17/2013 01:39 PMPosted by RagingKoala

The cool factor.

#SHIELDSWAG get on our level pho
Reply Quote
If one were to use a mace/axe, it'd offer a significant amount of crit chance and more HotA uptime.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 01:50 PMPosted by silverfire
If one were to use a mace/axe, it'd offer a significant amount of crit chance and more HotA uptime.

assuming you weren't already at 100% cc for hota with full a full globe. if you were already at 100% cc or really close to it, then you would just be losing dps.
Reply Quote
You'd also be able to transition from ww to HotA much quicker. It's a major gripe I have with Skorn, but it's less of an issue with dual-wield and S&B I guess.
Reply Quote

Hey Phat.

I'm not hitting as hard with SNB, but it has definitely made me more tanky and that is my preferred play style....even my WW barb has a touch of tankiness as I use WC in place of OP/KS (for uber runs it's WC but general farming is OP/KS). I wouldn't make the claim that SNB is superior, just different and enjoyably so. It's a really nice switch up for me as I've been straight spinning since release. It's just FUN.
Reply Quote
Welcome to the party Pal =-)
Reply Quote
SnB...I don't play one since I'm not L40 anymore but I play one on the boards!

JK, I think SnB is sweet, just as a concept.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]