Diablo® III

Wall of zombies

Has anyone tried to get max CD on WoZ which i think is max 9 sec's and use the pile on rune?
Reply Quote
The max CD reduction u can put on a WD is 12 sec.
Pileon just need 10 sec for 0 cooldown.

My WD is not in 0pileon configuration currently...
Reply Quote
yep, I just grabbed this gear and gave it a shot..

its good for laughs in lower mp, but its a little clunky (hard to aim)

im sure if I got top of the line gear for it it would be great tho :)
Reply Quote
ah yep forgot about the skull grasp :)
Reply Quote
The SG wall ring is on my WD enchantress now.
I have the soj, mara ammy and wall mojo for total 10 sec CD reduction
I did some mp 10 with that... survive, crit over 1.2 mil as I remember... but not killing nearly as fast as CoB.
Besides, it's a range build... play kite and knockback....100% knockback and it's not very welcomed by usual farming groups.
Reply Quote
yeah knock back is no good for group play just thought it would be interesting to test out :)
Reply Quote
Exactly what luffy said, I hope in the itemization patch they create an item to stop the knockback. That would be sweet, because the skill is fun and it does do some great damage.
Reply Quote
LOL...
Thats what I said..but not totally what I meant there.
That build need knockback to survive!

There is a little time delay before the pile hit ground.... you dont want the mob to get too close for this build. There is a need for knockback actually.

A normal tank-kill group will not welcome a knockback build.
However a range kill group will.
A farming team can have the following members:
1. archon wiz
2. any DH,
3. a weapon throw barb.... (barbs do rumble and knock back everything)
4. a WoL (Bell) monk

If your farming team has the members above, a 0pileon can be fun.

06/18/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Pirt
Exactly what luffy said, I hope in the itemization patch they create an item to stop the knockback. That would be sweet, because the skill is fun and it does do some great damage.
Reply Quote
honestly the damage is high enough that as long as you're hitting a mob you're healing a lot. The problem is hitting a mob consistently due to knockback. At least that is what I have noticed.
Edited by Pirt#1180 on 6/18/2013 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Pirt
honestly the damage is high enough that as long as you're hitting a mob you're healing a lot. The problem is hitting a mob consistently due to knockback. At least that is what I have noticed.

yeah, and the animation delay sucks. a little splash damage could help.
Reply Quote
this might be good as solo to depending on the area you farm with a 4 pack of dogs and giant you could use choke points to block them into one area which would help with the delay but yeah the move has to be use at the right time and not all area's could allow you to use pets to choke em off
Reply Quote
LoL just notice some one did a post on this kinda build before derp :) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7789718997
Reply Quote
I tried it myself (not with 0 cooldown but with GI 10 seconds is close enough) and found it wanting in that even if you targeted it really well, the line that it hits is extremely narrow. Even when dropped with good timing on a very dense approaching pack, it tended to only hit 4 out of 20 or 30 targets that were potentially in its hit zone.

When I was playing my Bell Monk, he could hit maybe 4x the targets that Pile On does, and the attack was immediate rather than delayed. I'm sure you COULD use it, but it costs quite a bit of mana, its unwieldy even with 0 cooldown, and it has almost zero splash damage, making it highly unideal for killing targets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]