Diablo® III

Been here bout a week, dunno wtf I'm doing

Can't build my barb right apparently. I looked up multiple resources, had some people help me build my barb, and took gearing advice from randoms. The results are what I've got on, and I'm a little over 500mil into this build. Apparently there is too much wrong with this build for some people to answer.

I need to know what I need to do to get my damage higher.

Do I need to look @ tDPS? The DPS that Diablo 3 claims I have? Apparently DW smashes Skorn, right? I've got 36% movement speed because a person told me I need 12% on my boots, my belt, and one dude told me I have to have Lacuni's for the IAS. My neck piece needs to get changed. I need to drop this Barb SoJ for a 6/30/X ring for any class (Ik what that part means). What do I need to do to my off hand? I tried making the EF my off hand and picking up an axe with higher dps, but the end result was me dieing a ton more and what looked like less damage.

There is too much out there for me to comprehend, I just don't get it. Throwing out all these break points, and telling me I need to hit them makes sense. Someone tells me that I was SUPPOSE to aim for the break point only if I have 50k life, makes sense. Next dude tells me I need SoJ for the elite damage, makes sense. Next dude tells me I did it all wrong and I needed to prioritize AR and really I need 60k+ hp, with 6% LS. But someone else told me I needed xxxk damage for x LS and gave me a chart, so I had that in mind. It all lead to this build and it's wrong, can someone experienced break this stuff down even further for me?

TL;DR
I'm dumb, and I know it. Can a pro teach me how to WW barbie? I got my stuff to sell + 500mil. If I need more gold, tell me and build me.
Reply Quote
I just started redoing my barb... take a look at my profile, honestly i feel hes ok... i just need 24 movement, and a better rare secondary weap... need better climbers and lacuni... if I COULD get rid of EF at somepoint I would...

In theory Im wondering if it would be best for me to just go GFG rares and say fck EF.
Edited by Technics#1253 on 6/16/2013 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just started redoing my barb... take a look at my profile, honestly i feel hes ok... i just need 24 movement, and a better rare secondary weap... need better climbers and lacuni... if I COULD get rid of EF at somepoint I would...

In theory Im wondering if it would be best for me to just go GFG rares and say fck EF.

Thanks for this, but I am looking for someone who can help me break 3.5mil tDPS as a barb. I really need someone who knows all about this theory crafting booshi and teach me how to properly barbie.
Reply Quote
@OP

You just need a little tweaking...I'd recommend Nived for his expertise in building.

Oh, if you're looking for that kind of Tdps then go ahead and buy more gold....it won't be cheap.
Edited by Bloodyzbub#1683 on 6/16/2013 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thats whats up, if you find out anything that could help me out lmk! :)
Reply Quote
I'm no pro, in fact I'm constantly thinking about how I can make my toon better as well. I would get a better one hander for the yellow weap. If you can manage to get one with higher dps, and IAS that's an axe or mace, you maybe can put the EF on your off-hand. ...obviously one with socket like the sword you have now of course. You have too little invested into your weaps I believe.
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Rorschach
I'm no pro, in fact I'm constantly thinking about how I can make my toon better as well. I would get a better one hander for the yellow weap. If you can manage to get one with higher dps, and IAS that's an axe or mace, you maybe can put the EF on your off-hand. ...obviously one with socket like the sword you have now of course. You have too little invested into your weaps I believe.

Friend linked me an EF that had 63% CHD and less DPS, dropped me 1k dps. Mine cost me bout 100mil, his cost 500mil.

Tried upping my one hand to an axe minus the str and +170 DPS, my paper damage went up. Didn't see a real change in my tDPS, and it felt like I was doing less damage.

Just finished a topic where someone told me to dagger OH w/ cold damage and a !@#$ ton of CHD, LS, and STR

I'm really baffled here, I guess I'm where you're at. I feel like I just need to scrap all of my stuff and do a new build.

@ whoever told me to buy gold, I'd rather not. I'm just gonna farm my way up. I just need a goal to set my eyes on to hit that 3.5mil tDPS and how to get there. I will talk to Nived more, he's kinda popular though and I'm looking for a more 1 on 1 person to befriend me in game and not try to sell me his !@#$ gear; like everyone else who tried to "help" me in game
Edited by paladiex#1914 on 6/16/2013 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"@ whoever told me to buy gold, I'd rather not. I'm just gonna farm my way up. I just need a goal to set my eyes on to hit that 3.5mil tDPS and how to get there."

I offered that suggestion as your earlier post made me think you were looking to acquire the gear near term. Nothing wrong with farming. You've set a rather lofty goal. Keep in mind that a WW barb can crush all current game content with less than 2m Tdps. I'm running with 2.47m TDPS and have carried 2 players through mp10 ubers. If you're wanting 3.5m TDPS then more power to you, just wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't necessary for game content. Acquiring the gear to make 3.5m Tdps a reality will definitely cost a large sum of gold unless you are fortunate enough to land some amazing drops. I'd suggest continuing to read up on the build in order to get a better grasp on the skill mechanics....a new player wielding massive power can be killed quicker than a seasoned veteran decked out in mediocre gear. Learn the build. GL.
Reply Quote
good example of why barbs aren't op, the players that play them well are op.
Reply Quote
@OP I get the impression you're being bombarded with advice, and don't know how to qualify it. There is a lot of good advice on these forums, but some is rather suspect.

I'd try reading through the stickies. When you get the overall picture of barb gearing you'll know how to pick and choose from what you're being told. Do talk to Nived, he has a very good reputation for gearing ww/sprint barbs. I'd definitely recommend him.

FWIW your barb is not in too bad shape. There are plenty worse :-). To get to 3.5m tdps will require changing everything though. Not because what you have is bad, but because it's such a high level that you'll need top gear in every slot. You won't get there by farming gold, it'll cost more than you can ever pick up. So you need to decide whether it's a realistic goal, or are you going to play the ah and/or put in your own money to get there.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 12:21 AMPosted by Bloodyzbub
Keep in mind that a WW barb can crush all current game content with less than 2m Tdps. I'm running with 2.47m TDPS and have carried 2 players through mp10 ubers.

I checked your barbz to see what I was missing, and you're just below 1m tDPS. Am I missing something here? I'm not trying to call you out, I just wanted to see what 2m< tDPS looked like.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 12:14 PMPosted by gooball
@OP I get the impression you're being bombarded with advice, and don't know how to qualify it. There is a lot of good advice on these forums, but some is rather suspect.

I'm gonna start questioning people when they give me advice instead of taking it @ face value. I've read all the stickies and I know alot about break points and crit caps. I just dunno how I can put all of this together to break the DPS charts. There is a TON of info in those stickies, I may have missed something. I guess I am just not making the connections.

P.S. Thanks about being nice about this Barb, but I know it's in terrabad shape :P
Reply Quote
@op i think you should start by bumping up your crit chance.
Reply Quote
@OP

No idea of what you were looking at. With ZERO buffs my WW barb (Bloodyzbub) is over 1.2m Tdps....with bash/punish, bat rag, WC, WOTB he hits for 2.47m Tdps. Send me a request and you can see what he does.
Reply Quote
@OP

No idea of what you were looking at. With ZERO buffs my WW barb (Bloodyzbub) is over 1.2m Tdps....with bash/punish, bat rag, WC, WOTB he hits for 2.47m Tdps. Send me a request and you can see what he does.

Sent you a friend request to talk, @ d3rawr you're just below 1m tDPS unbuffed. Unless you're strictly talking vs elites. Then you're just a smidge above 1.27m tDPS
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Garthandal
tdps is figured with buffs (BR and Wrath). 19% fear on that ef would make me vote kick you.

Thanks? I do not see how this is constructive in the least...
I would obviously switch out my EF for a similar 1h or a skorn setup. I know how annoying that fear can be, but in solo it's helpful w/ a cold SOJ.
Reply Quote
@OP

Sent you a friend request to talk, @ d3rawr you're just below 1m tDPS unbuffed. Unless you're strictly talking vs elites. Then you're just a smidge above 1.27m tDPS

Ahhhh...sorry, I only factor dmg vs elites....trash is trash and dies quickly.

My dmg vs elites is 2.47m Tdps....sorry for the confusion.
Reply Quote
Nived just informed me that "tDPS is calculated with buffs on (BR, WOTB, OP:KS)."
Edited by paladiex#1914 on 6/17/2013 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]