Diablo® III

The Stone Cold Hunter! w/ vids and tutorial!

2ndly, I would like to point out that ur build can actually keep up with my 700k dps RF l4n build xD

Maybe u should quote that xD

Screen-shot'd :P
Reply Quote
I gave this a go with a couple of slight modifications.

I couldn't find a Hungering Arrow SoJ, so I equipped an Elemental Arrow one and slotted Nether Tentacles.

NT gives me 3% LS on top of the 3% LS on my Windforce, so I dropped Gloom altogether in favor of Bat Companion for Hatred regen.

For turrets, I decided to give Chain of Torment a try, since the chain proc's cold.

The end result was effective, tactical, and fun.

Nether Tentacles provided solid AoE dmg with its piercing nature, and was my primary source of health. A few rounds would slow a mob down.

Hungering Arrow did solid damage, decent AoE, and proc'd cold for free.

Chain of Torment would put the brakes on any mob, and really came in handy with the FoM cattle (while adding a bit of dps)

Just wanted to share.

Very creative variation :D Glad it's working out for you man.
Reply Quote
View profile
Cold Teeth
Reply Quote
Great build man! Might just have to break out one of my SoJs and try this.
Reply Quote
I tried this build the other day as I was very impressed by the vids. Very good combination of skills and very impressive gameplay.

In any case I was not able to pull it off myself. Well, I had no cold SoJ, which probably makes or brakes that build, right? I am on a tight budget so I didn't want to spend my whole money on a SoJ only to find out that I can still not make it work. Can someone comment on this in respect to the SoJ, is it a dealbraker indeed, or will I still have troubles with this build even with the SoJ if I get obliterated without it?

Well, in fact I got a tad frustrated because whatever I do with my DH, I always end up facetanking. Feel free to comment on this topic I made here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9341434051
Reply Quote
I tried this build the other day as I was very impressed by the vids. Very good combination of skills and very impressive gameplay.

In any case I was not able to pull it off myself. Well, I had no cold SoJ, which probably makes or brakes that build, right? I am on a tight budget so I didn't want to spend my whole money on a SoJ only to find out that I can still not make it work. Can someone comment on this in respect to the SoJ, is it a dealbraker indeed, or will I still have troubles with this build even with the SoJ if I get obliterated without it?

Well, in fact I got a tad frustrated because whatever I do with my DH, I always end up facetanking.

Don't give up man. If you enjoy ranged play, that's the last thing you should do. In the OP, I put in different variations for those that find they may need to play a little more defensively, such as this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aQgVdk!Yec!ccYcba

Like you said, the Cold SOJ absolutely makes this build work. The snare from the cold SOJ is essential for staying at a distanced. You'll need to pickup either a cold hungering arrow SOJ or a cold spike trap SOJ for the best results (the % against e's isn't as important yet, and if you can get one with around 25%, they are relatively inexpensive) You will find it a bit easier once you're able to snare everything.

If you aren't able to find/afford a cold SOJ, add me in game and I'll personally search for you one and buy it for you if you're really serious about wanting to continue to play ranged. Other things that may help you will be this link below.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569108872

Feel free to add me and I'll help you any way that I can :D Just know that playing ranged will take some work, but if you have some patience, it can work for you.

Edit: Just realized you don't have an account on the US. So much for trying to personally help you in game lol :( In that case, just checkout the link above and I'll answer any questions you may have that will help.
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 6/19/2013 7:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really appreciate your comment DiEoxidE, thanks for the heads up. I have to say again your vid shows the DH pretty much in a way I envision how the class should be played.

Thank you for offering personal help as well, it also very much appreciated. I will troll the AH to get a Cold SoJ, maybe I can make a snipe :-)
I do already have a DML with 10% HA, so I will probably try to get a SoJ with HA as well to make the most out of that skill.
Reply Quote
Thank you for this post. I think I've managed to get prep off my bar. ROV is keeping my disc globe pretty full and im almost perma gloom with it.
Reply Quote
I really appreciate your comment DiEoxidE, thanks for the heads up. I have to say again your vid shows the DH pretty much in a way I envision how the class should be played.

Thank you for offering personal help as well, it also very much appreciated. I will troll the AH to get a Cold SoJ, maybe I can make a snipe :-)
I do already have a DML with 10% HA, so I will probably try to get a SoJ with HA as well to make the most out of that skill.

Awesome. Feel free to ask me any questions :D

Thank you for this post. I think I've managed to get prep off my bar. ROV is keeping my disc globe pretty full and im almost perma gloom with it.

Nice! Good stuff man.
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 6/19/2013 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Shiimiish

Those things go for like hundreds of millions. If you're poor like me, settle for a cold SOJ with spike trap.
Reply Quote
View profile
ニャン~
Reply Quote
hi, just wanted to say that I have tried the build "with no name" and love it :)
Still bad at steppin so have Vault instead of MfD, but trying to overcome it. Also got NS instead SA as passive since Vault eats my dics as I try to step sometimes I get myself more into trouble then out of it lol.

Gonna use this to say big thanks to BlackVenom for all the tips regarding steppin :) hope to see you more often on eu m8, was really fun!

Also wanted to say that as I like WF I tried this build with it as well, and I must say I'm gonna try some tweaks to make it use more KB as the current skills do not take advantage from this. So started thinking about ES:SC or HA:CA but neither proc cold, so started thinking about Multishot:SF as it would spray that cold all over and give disc back, so can go for SA (I've already seen build variation with MS from RedCell :) ). Anyway not done thinking here yet will try some stuff and give feedback when I have some.

Till then back to learning how to step!
Happy huntin'!
Reply Quote
View profile
The best stepper hands down was the legend Micheal Jackson.

Sorry die you can't beat him
Reply Quote
hi, just wanted to say that I have tried the build "with no name" and love it :)
Still bad at steppin so have Vault instead of MfD, but trying to overcome it. Also got NS instead SA as passive since Vault eats my dics as I try to step sometimes I get myself more into trouble then out of it lol.

Gonna use this to say big thanks to BlackVenom for all the tips regarding steppin :) hope to see you more often on eu m8, was really fun!

Also wanted to say that as I like WF I tried this build with it as well, and I must say I'm gonna try some tweaks to make it use more KB as the current skills do not take advantage from this. So started thinking about ES:SC or HA:CA but neither proc cold, so started thinking about Multishot:SF as it would spray that cold all over and give disc back, so can go for SA (I've already seen build variation with MS from RedCell :) ). Anyway not done thinking here yet will try some stuff and give feedback when I have some.

Till then back to learning how to step!
Happy huntin'!

Awesome! I thought about making an account on the EU eventually. Clanmates kinda got me back into playing HC again so I'm giving that some love. Maybe I'll see you guys across the seas in the near future :) Ranged play is definitely not dead, and I hope my vids gave you a glimpse on what a DH can really do in the right hands with some hard work.

The best stepper hands down was the legend Micheal Jackson.

Sorry die you can't beat him

R.I.P MJ :(

For those wondering, I'll be picking one of the names mentioned in this thread for this build tonight (or for those in different time zones, roughly within the next 12 hours). Thanks to those that participated!
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 6/20/2013 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 01:46 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
For turrets, I decided to give Chain of Torment a try, since the chain proc's cold.

YES! YES! Give my Chains more lurves!! >_<

WF + CoT fun >_<

EDIT: Cinder Arrow + Shock Colar + WF + CoT.. Haven't found anything that can be KB'ed to come near me.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 6/20/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Artic Siege Bunny
Reply Quote
06/20/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Mao
Artic Siege Bunny

Me thinks you add Horny before Siege.. makes it all out better >_<

Artic Horny Siege Bunny. :))
Reply Quote
Build name has been chosen!
Reply Quote
View profile
DiE did you get stoned when you chose that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]