Diablo® III

What's changed since launch?

Could anyone please fill me in on some of the changes Blizzard has made to Diablo since its launch? I stopped playing about a month after the game came out, and I've heard mixed things, but some people were saying it's good. I know the servers are down for emergency maintenance, but overall, I'd like to know what things they've changed, and overall if it's gotten better or not. Thanks for filling me in!
Reply Quote
Well they've made a ton of changes since launch and the game is tons better but it still has a ways to go before it's better than D2:LoD.

A few things they've added are:
-Crafting improvements including new BoA items that can be best in slot as well as the ability to craft all.
-Monster Power to increase the reward and difficulty of the game
-Uber bosses to craft a legendary ring thats BoA and great for alts
-Monster Density increases so you can farm any act and have much less downtime between packs (its for mp1+ on inferno only)
-Legendary revamp
-Rare itemization improvements
-co-op and social improvements
-Brawling so you can duel your friends or strangers for fun
-Paragon Levels 1-100 that start after 60 and give bonus stats and MF/GF

Overall i'd say the game has gone from a 3/10 to a 7/10. On the horizon is the itemization revamp which should finally resolve most of the issues with the games itemization, there is also work being done on the PvP Patch and the expansion pack.

IMO It's worth at least checking out as the game finally "feels" like it's out of beta.
Reply Quote
I'd generally agree with Amarth's post, except for one point and one distinction. I never thought the game was SO terrible it deserved a 3. I think, even being stingy, it was a solid 6.5 at launch (or shortly thereafter, as I didn't start playing for a few months). Also, while it's technically true they "revamped" the legendaries, I'd say as a practical matter they "semi-improved" them, but the vast majority are still underpowered and boring. Hopefully, when they revisit itemization in the future, and add other changes, the game will go from a solid 8 to the 9-9.5 it should have been.

Of course, the ratings are simply reflective of my own preferences.
Reply Quote
Wait a minute ... you mean this isn't Beta?
Reply Quote
Great, thanks for the update! I'll check it out when the servers come back online.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Scribbles
Great, thanks for the update! I'll check it out when the servers come back online.

I started playing again a couple of weeks ago after stopping last summer. It's definitely improved, but it does have a way to go. It feels like they're still holding back a lot of significant content additions for an expansion or more patches.

My biggest complaint with the game right now is that there are basically only two viable end-game builds for each class, and each skill build basically uses the same gear. It feels pretty stale sometimes, and I miss the variety and wackiness of D2:LoD.

Note: before anyone flames me, I know that people spammed a lot of identical builds in D2:LoD -- hammerdins, IK barbs, etc. However there was still a lot of variety within each class in terms of skills and items, and people are still coming up with new builds that are end-game viable.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/18/2013 02:32 PMPosted by Scribbles
Could anyone please fill me in on some of the changes Blizzard has made to Diablo since its launch?
There have been quite a few changes afoot in Sanctuary since Diablo III launched last year! The following blog shares some of the highlights in Diablo III: The Road So Far.

If you are interested in all the gory details, make sure to peruse the official patch notes and retrospectives by Diablo Fans and Diablo Somepage at the bottom of the blog!
Reply Quote
Vaeflare: Any chance the servers will be up before 9pm est?
Reply Quote
more lag
Reply Quote
Hope you enjoy what they did. I honestly believe that they won't be bothering with this $60 beta test we paid for.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 03:22 PMPosted by EliotToller
Note: before anyone flames me, I know that people spammed a lot of identical builds in D2:LoD -- hammerdins, IK barbs, etc. However there was still a lot of variety within each class in terms of skills and items, and people are still coming up with new builds that are end-game viable.

I blame the botters. I don't think that blessed hammers would have become so popular were it not for bots. I used to be one of the *few* people who played that type of paladin, then everyone and his grand mother were playing it. Sure it is good in dueling too, but there are easier ways to win duels in Diablo 2/LoD. Oh well...I don't play Diablo 2 anymore.. I was looking forward to Diablo 3 to be honest. I was sorely disappointed.

So, when are the servers going to be up? I want to play for 10 minutes then get bored but still play another 3 hours because I'm desperate to find *any* good gear. (Then I won't find anything good anyway...)

~Philoi.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 03:29 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
I'm completely serious when I say I think the game has actually gotten worse since launch. I admit it probably has a lot to do with having capped out on Paragon, but there is just no reward to playing this game these days. I not only can't level up (yes, I'm fully aware Paragon leveling was pointless but it still was a useful distraction). Now there's also no reason to loot. So I find myself always asking why I'm farming at all ... and I stop after 10 minutes (usually after I get 5NV then the key).

well it seems you have crafted absolutely nothing on your main character so obviously you can still improve your gear since the BOA crafts a lot of BIS. I am para 100 as well and I am having fun farming Demonic Essence to improve my gear. If you don't want to do that why don't you just start a whole new class if you think your gear is "end game". Or you could just move on to another game, there are plenty of them out there.
Edited by atsbill123#1850 on 6/18/2013 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't know, but I'd LOVE to be able to play it, even REMOTELY consistently (more than a week or so,) without a server reset or issue of SOME kind.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 04:05 PMPosted by familia
I'm completely serious when I say I think the game has actually gotten worse since launch. I admit it probably has a lot to do with having capped out on Paragon, but there is just no reward to playing this game these days. I not only can't level up (yes, I'm fully aware Paragon leveling was pointless but it still was a useful distraction). Now there's also no reason to loot. So I find myself always asking why I'm farming at all ... and I stop after 10 minutes (usually after I get 5NV then the key).

Just play the forums, bro.

Forumablo FTW!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If you have not been playing since launch like me, then you will absolutely love the game now. All you need to know. Except the whole bid not being shown thing.... I find that odd and it kind of sucks the fun out of it.
Reply Quote
So a mod is willing to comment on some random question that no one really cares about, but they cant address the unexpected server downtime that is currently pissing off thousands of players? Why am I not surprised.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]