Diablo® III

Did I get owned? Another Question added!

Got frustrated with crafting so I bought 2 items using bid

MH (a bit ago) cost me ~30M

Amulet cost me ~35M

I think Amulet was more of overpayment than the MH.

I am happy with MH even if I over-payed since I don't have to use EF anymore

Amulet gave me 6600+ life and 4500+ DPS over my old one but I lose ~60AR (47 poison resist + 100+ int). Not really sure about this one. I know it's not the best idea to have defensive stat(vit) on Amulet but it was one of those moments :P

EDIT: I am going to add another question here before starting a new thread(if I don't get enough response I will create another one)

Do you guys consider VIT/Life% a must when looking at WH? I was looking at AH last night and found quite a few good WH that has high AR but no VIT/Life%

When I look for WH, I usually search Dex > 70, and some VIT/Life.
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 6/19/2013 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd pay 30mil for a 6600hp/4500dps upgrade in a heartbeat :)
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Flattylol
I'd pay 30mil for a 6600hp/4500dps upgrade in a heartbeat :)

Haha of course at your gear level any green number cost fortune :D
At my gear level though not so sure :)
Reply Quote
Another question added about WH.

EDIT: I am going to add another question here before starting a new thread(if I don't get enough response I will create another one)

Do you guys consider VIT/Life% a must when looking at WH? I was looking at AH last night and found quite a few good WH that has high AR but no VIT/Life%

Reply Quote

You really look for stats to supplement in an area in which you're lacking. Dex + Vit/ Life% + AR is best, but if you can't afford all 3, you pick either resistance or Vit/ Life%, - depending on where you'd rather improve.

At nearly 55K, you definitely don't need any more HP. Your mitigation seems in very good shape overall, so you can even afford to entirely drop that huge Vit roll from the ammy and still be OK. With that being said, you may have overpaid a bit for that item, considering it's only a temp placeholder until you craft/ find something better. Try to avoid getting too dependent on Vit from your jewelry affixes. Ammys and rings are best suited for pure offense (quadfecta stats and Dex).
Reply Quote
You really look for stats to supplement in an area in which you're lacking. Dex + Vit/ Life% + AR is best, but if you can't afford all 3, you pick either resistance or Vit/ Life%, - depending on where you'd rather improve.

At nearly 55K, you definitely don't need any more HP. Your mitigation seems in very good shape overall, so you can even afford to entirely drop that huge Vit roll from the ammy and still be OK. With that being said, you may have overpaid a bit for that item, considering it's only a temp placeholder until you craft/ find something better. Try to avoid getting too dependent on Vit from your jewelry affixes. Ammys and rings are best suited for pure offense (quadfecta stats and Dex).

Yeah I will treat the vit on my new Ammy as a bonus. I won't be dropping any VIT on other spots because of it(maybe I will use Ruby on helmet for now). At least this way if I find much better offensive ammy I can switch it right away.

My WH comes with 11% life and 39 poison resist. Trying to find something with equal level of migration with little more DPS but they all cost so much for me lol
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 6/19/2013 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Are you trying to go OWE-free?

Dex + vit/life% + AR WH cost a fortune … well to me at least =P

If you have enough HP then I suggest you go big with the dps and AR on the WH
But don’t limit your search by entering 70 dex in there
Just sort it by highest dex and look for the biggest green# since you might miss a 69 dex 9 IAS 50CD

And yeah …. 35Mil on that amulet .. you’re loaded *aren't* you =P
Edited by QHTran#1403 on 6/19/2013 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Are you trying to go OWE-free?

Dex + vit/life% + AR WH cost a fortune … well to me at least =P

If you have enough HP then I suggest you go big with the dps and AR on the WH
But don’t limit your search by entering 70 dex in there
Just sort it by highest dex and look for the biggest green# since you might miss a 69 dex 9 IAS 50CD

And yeah …. 35Mil on that amulet .. you’re loaded are you =P lol

Hey QHTran,

I'm far from loaded (I am actually very poor always less than 200M), The amulet was impulsive buy which I don't do very often. Was just frustrated on crafting that day and saw the big green on DPS and HP and you know the rest lol

I like that idea of sorting by dex. I will try that when I get home.

My ultimate goal is go OWE-free but I am not in a hurry. Will look for items slowly only getting them if they make sense (unlike my ammy but I am okay with it, since I didn't really have anything better to use that didn't have poison resist on it)

My ammy gives you

+2,673.73
DPS Change
+83,962.18
EHP Change

over yours but I bet your ammy cost fraction of mine :(
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 6/19/2013 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Gungnir
cost fraction of mine

lol yeah, cost me 1 mil =)

it's a craftable slot so I'm saving up to craft a good one
hope that I can add CD to it =)
would like to keep the IAS and CC on it ... I don't like my monk to be slow
Nameless amulet gives me 13K dps ...= / .. that's something that I'm aiming for

200Mil is good =) ... I'll get there one day
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 10:04 AMPosted by QHTran
cost fraction of mine

lol yeah, cost me 1 mil =)

it's a craftable slot so I'm saving up to craft a good one
hope that I can add CD to it =)
would like to keep the IAS and CC on it ... I don't like my monk to be slow
Nameless amulet gives me 13K dps ...= / .. that's something that I'm aiming for

200Mil is good =) ... I'll get there one day

Nameless amulet :| I wouldn't aim that high. You maybe crafting for years to come haha.

Crafting is good in a sense that you can get stuff at a fraction of price and BIS ones are only possible with crafting right now. But bad in a sense than you can't sell them.

I have decided to stop on crafting for a while. Spend money on things that I can improve without spending a lot. Sell off my old piece in doing so etc.

I have a question. Does the knock back from your bracer annoy you at all? Or is 5% too small to notice?
Reply Quote
30m for that MH seems like a good buy, the ammy, not so much.

Also, in my experience with WH with single resists, Life% if generally cheaper than Vit. Probably because I have kinda high vit already and Life% gives me a bigger life bonus, but as your Vit is higher than mine, you should look for it.
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Gungnir
I have a question. Does the knock back from your bracer annoy you at all? Or is 5% too small to notice?

knock back? what knock back?
lol no not in a bit ... in my Nirvana DW build there's that WotHF gen .. every third strikes it knocks the monster back and wall of light has huge knock back

I play in MP10 CoTA so I actually like it with my playstyle
I bulldoze through the whites to get to the elites and just pump out bells on the yellow champ
sometime I even position myself so that I can push and move the monster along to another monster =)

however if you're using something like quickening or some other build/play style then yes it'll get really annoying
like how I hate having any knock backs on my barb =( as I like to tank and spank with him

so to answer your question at this point in time with my current build /playstyle: NO
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]