Diablo® III

Dual wielding for DH's

Ok I'm sure others have suggested this but here's my logic, if we can have a quiver as an off hand (key phrase offhand) with two hand bows and two hand x-bows then why can't we have them while dual wielding one hand x-bows? I mean come on they're strapped to the thigh I don't see how it gets in the way. If anyone cries foul with if then than I want my barb or other classes to have a shield while dual wielding? Welli guess you could have it on your shoulder but think about it you would have to have a slowed attack speed and no chance to block, but you should have the bennifit of its magic abilities. I remember reading something about our characters being overpowered, I think this may have some validity
Edit yes you are rt dual thanks
Edited by bossaninja#1805 on 6/16/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 11:52 AMPosted by bossaninja
then why can't we have them while duel wielding one hand x-bows?

Does your character have 4 arms ??

How do you pull the bow back and load it, when dual-wielding 1 handed bows???

06/16/2013 11:52 AMPosted by bossaninja
than I want my barb or other classes to have a shield while duel wielding?

What are you smoking ???

You need 3 hands for that.
Reply Quote
You think the characters are over powered so you want to be able to stack more affixes?

Wut

I get what your saying about it making sense that someone could carry a qiver with two 1h xbows, but it's not about sense it's about limiting too many stats.

If you get too held up on realism...

-How is the DH reloading the 2 1h xbows?
-If the DH has magically reloading xbows, why can't he shoot both at the same time? Adding dps instead of averaging it alternating shots?
-Why can't everyone wear a shield on thier back for rear attack protection?
-Why can't followers wear armor?
-Why are there ****ing demons?
-Why can't I wear a ring on every finger and 20 amulets on my neck?
-Why would your group of followers stay behind with more heros when humanity is at stake?

See where I'm going with this... ?
Reply Quote
What are you smoking ???

You need 3 hands for that.
Some 2 handed weapons in diablo2 were able to be used as a 1 handed weapon with a shield but just for the barb
Reply Quote
With as much time as you've played a DH, you should know that Blizz added the DML because us Duel Wielding DHs were only meant to exist for our cool looks!

With that said, "duel wielding" a Manticore and Windforce would be too OP and would make us have the same eDPS as the other classes.
Reply Quote
Something should be done with dual wielding to make it viable, it's entirely worthless right now.
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 12:15 PMPosted by GoreGasm
Some 2 handed weapons in diablo2 were able to be used as a 1 handed weapon with a shield but just for the barb

yes like a broadsword like conan, but its not the norm and should involve some sacrifice like energy drain 3/4 speed etc etc.

Also to use a 2 handed weapon with one hand, wouldnt allow a shield, as the balance to wield such a weapon would stop himusing the shield effectivley.

It could be done but not on the crap core of diablo 3.
Reply Quote
One question I have,
Just started a DH and wondered what weapons set is the best or is it just preference. Dual Wield 2 one handed Xbows?, Regular Bow and quiver?, or Two Handed xbows and quiver?
Reply Quote
then why can't we have them while duel wielding one hand x-bows?

Does your character have 4 arms ??

How do you pull the bow back and load it, when dual-wielding 1 handed bows???

how are you doing it right now? The Dh musst be obviously loading those 2 bows somehow ...

Or could it .. be ... magic

You think the characters are over powered so you want to be able to stack more affixes?

Wut

I get what your saying about it making sense that someone could carry a qiver with two 1h xbows,

Wut

I get what your saying about it making sense that someone could carry a qiver with two 1h xbows, but it's not about sense it's about limiting too many stats.

Must be a joke right? No sane DH goes with dual wield because it simply isnt worth it compared to an awesome manticore.

For DHs dual wield builds make not much sense just like twohand for others. You ned ABSOLUTELY GOD LIKE items here just to be competitive.

Kinda sad how few choices you actually have.

As DH, its either Manticore. Echoying Fury for the rest or godlike skorn ... thats it. There is not much more ...
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 6/17/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@RiperNyght
mostly preference.
as long as it is _____ + DML. (ie not duel wield)

Post up in the DH forum for better answers.

As of right now, Duel Wield is for LOOKS ONLY!!
Now, if I could only find a hood worthy enough to be worn by Samuel L. Jackson....
Reply Quote
@RiperNyght
mostly preference.
as long as it is _____ + DML. (ie not duel wield)

Post up in the DH forum for better answers.

As of right now, Duel Wield is for LOOKS ONLY!!
Now, if I could only find a hood worthy enough to be worn by Samuel L. Jackson....

Thx for the advice :)
Reply Quote
Definition of DUEL
: a combat between two persons; specifically : a formal combat with weapons fought between two persons in the presence of witnesses
: a conflict between antagonistic persons, ideas, or forces; also : a hard-fought contest between two opponents

Definition of DUAL
of grammatical number : denoting reference to two
a : consisting of two parts or elements or having two like parts : double
b : having a double character or nature

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/

Carry on
Reply Quote
What da hell?!!

Typical gathering of DHs....move along nuthin to see
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 6/16/2013 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think and easy fix would be to have the archery passive work twice with dual wielding, so +10% cc per hand crossbow.
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 12:58 PMPosted by CrniVuk
No sane DH goes with dual wield because it simply isnt worth it compared to an awesome manticore.

I agree, Been dual wielding for a while but I might go back to the manticore. Since the DML gives a 20 % ias, the 15% ias bonus from DW is kinda.. meh....
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 05:59 PMPosted by StoneOld
I never understood that with dual-wield, which is why I tried it exactly once, and then never tried it again.

the "good" side of DW is the ressource regeneration rate, since hand xbows are already fast and you get 15 % IAS.
Reply Quote
06/16/2013 05:59 PMPosted by StoneOld
Something should be done with dual wielding to make it viable, it's entirely worthless right now.

What they should do is just add the damage of the two weapons together, instead of making the total damage some arbitrary average of the two.

If I shoot you with a Beretta 9MM in each hand, the bullets don't do average damage, each bullet does full damage. Just as if I shot you twice with the same gun.

I never understood that with dual-wield, which is why I tried it exactly once, and then never tried it again.

StoneOld

I cant stand anything except DW. With a DML I take a pretty big DPS loss and I hate how the DH feels with a manticore.
Reply Quote

Wut

If you get too held up on realism...

-How is the DH reloading the 2 1h xbows?
-If the DH has magically reloading xbows, why can't he shoot both at the same time? Adding dps instead of averaging it alternating shots?
-Why can't everyone wear a shield on thier back for rear attack protection?
-Why can't followers wear armor?
-Why are there ****ing demons?
-Why can't I wear a ring on every finger and 20 amulets on my neck?
-Why would your group of followers stay behind with more heros when humanity is at stake?

See where I'm going with this... ?

I like where you are going with these. We should be able to wear 20 rings per hero. 1 for each finger and toe. And 5 amulets. 1 regular amulet, 2 to wear as bracelets and 2 to wear as anklets.

We should be able to wear 4 stormshields too. 2 elbow pads and 2 kneepads.
Edited by DomonKassui#1611 on 6/16/2013 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]