Diablo® III

How hard does your Skorn Barb Crit?

@Rain
Great damage mate! My highest crits seen in solo game were up to 2.7m on avenger elites under brawler (with my cd amulet). Regular crits top 1.9-2.1m.

Btw, did blizzard take away the damage increase on avenger elites (after you kill some of the pack)? Numbers seem the same after patch.
Reply Quote
@Rain
Great damage mate! My highest crits seen in solo game were up to 2.7m on avenger elites under brawler (with my cd amulet). Regular crits top 1.9-2.1m.

Btw, did blizzard take away the damage increase on avenger elites (after you kill some of the pack)? Numbers seem the same after patch.

Very nice. Honestly i have no clue about the avengers. They've never posed a threat to me so i never cared. Shielding and arcane affix on the other hand... my two worst enemies
Reply Quote
Hey Rain nice work Bro,

I never actually try Bash perhaps im too lazy to push extra button + refreshing the buff, anyways I will try it out tomorrow :)

Here are my current damage

Skills

Just Hota - Smash
Battle Rage
Overpower

Passives

Ruthless
Weapon Master
Superstition

Hits 2 - 2.5mill ( without SOJ )
Edited by Superior#1541 on 6/16/2013 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Punish, battle rage and zerker rage (no soj and with ruby on weapon):

2706380 - 4061252 MH crit
Updated with soj and emerald

@Rain: nice work, but you do realize you're built for that, specially against elites. Your current aps is not very comfortable.

@Superior: stop being lazy :P
I think your barb finally went past it's glass cannon era and you have enough ehp and sustain to finally drop warcry and go for the traditional rend/hota build with punish and zerker rage (I usually go brawler if not wearing my -5hota soj). You'd be demolishing elites and ubers.
Edited by Llama#1217 on 6/19/2013 6:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Punish, battle rage and zerker rage (no soj and with ruby on weapon):

2086145 - 2957235
Will test it out with emerald and soj when I have the time.

@Rain: nice work, but you do realize you're built for that, specially against elites. Your current aps is not very comfortable.

@Superior: stop being lazy :P
I think your barb finally went past it's glass cannon era and you have enough ehp and sustain to finally drop warcry and go for the traditional rend/hota build with punish and zerker rage (I usually go brawler if not wearing my -5hota soj). You'd be demolishing elites and ubers.

Thanks for the input Llama. You know I initially thought the same thing about my aps but with the new mob density the original standard of 1.42 to perma wrath with a Skorn no longer holds true. I've also tested countless times against ubers and im still able to perma wrath against them by simply stacking them. If you want more info on that im sure Death can elaborate. As far as being specifically built against elites, when you 1-3 shot white mobs on mp 10 does any other form of damage to whites really matter? :)
Reply Quote
anymore contributors to this thread? i'd like to get at least 50 participants so that i can make a graph
Reply Quote
I am not bad also, I can hit 2.4m with current set up, without brawler and bersaker, and no follower, no punish, on elite.
Edited by MINIKONG#6191 on 6/17/2013 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
im not bad either about 3- 5Mill crits
Reply Quote
Just for your info, WoTB - ToC will not increase your crit damage; only frequency will be affected. Same thing goes for Weapon master and OP:KS .

Paper dps is inflated due to attack speed, which cannot be maximised most of the time.
Reply Quote
Im hitting for (1.8-2.4m) max right now with bash 3 stack damage increase (without im normally hitting for about (1.3-1.7m). I'm looking into changing to a stone of J but I cant figure out hot to get elemental damage onto my barb to make it worth it. I use hammer of the ancients as my main attack and I am currently able to stay in WotB through Hammer of the ancients returns alone. Is a stone of J worth looking into for me, even though I have no elemental damage to exploit?

Im having a hard time knowing what to upgrade but if it works SOJ seems like cheapest way to go.
Reply Quote
Im hitting for (1.8-2.4m) max right now with bash 3 stack damage increase (without im normally hitting for about (1.3-1.7m). I'm looking into changing to a stone of J but I cant figure out hot to get elemental damage onto my barb to make it worth it. I use hammer of the ancients as my main attack and I am currently able to stay in WotB through Hammer of the ancients returns alone. Is a stone of J worth looking into for me, even though I have no elemental damage to exploit?

Im having a hard time knowing what to upgrade but if it works SOJ seems like cheapest way to go.
Reply Quote
@Rain:
Updated my damage range in my original post. Still no soj and still with ruby. Making the last push for my barbie to hit paragon 100. I got myself some decent Depth Diggers for added rend damage and ehp. Lost about 7k unbuffed dps due to -9IAS -1%cc from my Innas, but gained roughtly 200 str. Using this setup for regular farming. Soj against ubers only, pretty much.
Damage range has increased considerably. Will do soj and emerald eventually. Hopefully I will do it before you make your graph and also with another 20 str from a 200 str mempo I'm looking to buy.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 08:18 PMPosted by RAiN
anymore contributors to this thread? i'd like to get at least 50 participants so that i can make a graph

What you really mean is you want to get at least 50 participants so you can be fairly sure that nobody can beat you. That graph is going to look nice with you right at the top. XD
Edited by esorbma#1625 on 6/18/2013 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i hope you are including me in your data. although i'm not a skorn user, my EF crits 2mil, which is higher than some of the skorn users here.
Reply Quote
@esorbma - im making a legit chart brother. if i happen to be at the top then so be it. why should only paper dps chasers be recognized? EDPS is king over pretty numbers anyday.

@zardking - cry more? i dont care? your oppinion in noted? not sure what to say. whatever gets you off i guess.

@ llama - thanks for the input brother ill make sure to note it. let me know when you upgrade so i can update my chart.

@grayson - SOJ is the best possible ring you can have in the game. Hands down. if you can get one with cold its nice, but not necessary

@kelemvor - nice try but i do go over d3rawr to make sure all participants are valid :)

@minikong - can you please use the skills ive stated at the very 1st post just for continuity purposes? thanks
Reply Quote
@phatphoeater - right now im just focusing on the skorn barbs. maybe later ill do a survey on all you crazy dual wielders :)
Reply Quote
After finally getting away from stubbornly clinging to an IK belt and switching to a witching, I'm seeing around 2.5-2.7m with berserker rage+punish against ubers, and SoJ, of course.

It's possible to sustain that level of damage against ubers if you have the technique down (someone like Death will have very good bash and zerker uptime)

I will not go below 1.42 aps unbuffed. It's a pain to permawrath even at that level in VotA. In fields of misery I'm sure you can get by with much, much lower, but in low density situations and ubers, high attack speed still pays large divends.
Reply Quote
After finally getting away from stubbornly clinging to an IK belt and switching to a witching, I'm seeing around 2.5-2.7m with berserker rage+punish against ubers, and SoJ, of course.

It's possible to sustain that level of damage against ubers if you have the technique down (someone like Death will have very good bash and zerker uptime)

I will not go below 1.42 aps unbuffed. It's a pain to permawrath even at that level in VotA. In fields of misery I'm sure you can get by with much, much lower, but in low density situations and ubers, high attack speed still pays large divends.

Thanks for the input brother. I completely understand your opinion on not wanting to go below 1.42 aps. hell i wouldnt recommend that for new players either, but for some of us who've been playing this game for quite some time, the transition isnt too bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]