Diablo® III

Do I need the LoH at this point.

I want to upgrade my trousers in the near future. I'll lose a little bit of life, but gain dps and protection.

What I'm really curious about is the 400 LoH. Is that what keeps me alive against reflect? Or will I not even notice it's gone?
Reply Quote
you won't even notice it.

however, you might notice the +367 armor on your pants though
Reply Quote
Thanks.

Yeah, but I'm hoping to get enough armor in the replacement pants that I stay around 4k armor. I figure 200+ and some AR with higher int/gems will gain me Ehp overall.
Reply Quote
Thanks.

Yeah, but I'm hoping to get enough armor in the replacement pants that I stay around 4k armor. I figure 200+ and some AR with higher int/gems will gain me Ehp overall.

ya, the addition of ar would be very nice to your ehp...but i'd definitely run it through d3up just to be sure before you spend your gold
Reply Quote
I feel the difference when dealing with RD elites (1h + mojo)
Reply Quote
I defs prefer 1h/mojo over skorn, but maybe I should look into a LS skorn just for reflects?

Or is there a better way to negate reflect when I lose more LoH?
Reply Quote
You only really need LOH when you build like I do. Rain of Toads and Acid cloud are the only skills that take advantage of LOH any more... Lousy devs.....
Reply Quote
Sorry to butt in, but I still have a lot of problem with reflect myself. It seems the answer has to be LOH, right? That or Skorn, though I also prefer mojo + 1h ,since 2.9 lifesteal is almost the highest it can be and I still die immediately against RD if I am not careful. Ubers I simply can't attack siege breaker with plague bats.

Or is the carving knife the problem?
Reply Quote
Chas, it seems like the solution to your problem might be a lack of All Resist on gear. What is your total AR? I've heard that it should be between 700-800 for higher mp lvls.
Also you have a little bit of room for more armor (4000 seems to be the goal for most).
Reply Quote
Proc rate for each skill:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7166796695

LoH is not worth very much compared to the damage you'll receive back from elites, especially if you've buffed up with any or all of the following:
mass confusion, hex, an SoJ, SH, and BBV.

Three ways to defeat RD:
1. More mitigation is required for 1h/mojo/shield. Keep a shield for swap? But then RD elites take a long time.
2. Use a skorn with life steal and enough mitigation
3. Use life on hit and something such as acid rain or rain of toads which will give you lots of life on hit, in concert with some other attack. For instance, cloud of bats, spirit barrage, and acid rain. For RD, us Spirit barrage and acid rain.

One can see #1 requires the most expensive gear
#2 is slightly less expensive since you need less mitigation
#3 is the cheapest, but you need different skills and it's not as efficient because those skills do less damage.

edit:
I forgot to add skill selection because I just forgot.
1. Horrify double armor
2. Spirit walk
3. Spirit vessel
With spirit walk and horrify double armor, you may be able to power through RD by having extra mitigation.

If you walk up to an elite pack, start bats, you can see RD turn on. Pop spirit walk, once that is done run away, pop horrify just out of range and run back in, restart bats.

Spirit vessel helps in case you mess up and because it reduces the cooldown on those two.

If you can, try to grab some white enemies. The life steal from them may overcome the RD.

Problems happen when stuff such as Plague pools start to stack with RD.

OUCH!
Edited by MCP#1477 on 6/20/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks MCP!

Currently RD just barely drains my life so Spirit Walk alone is usually enough. Plague pools, lightning, molten, desecrate combined with RD makes for a much tougher battle.

I guess if I lose the LoH but gain some mitigation I'll be alright is what I'm sensing.
Reply Quote
T

Chas, it seems like the solution to your problem might be a lack of All Resist on gear. What is your total AR? I've heard that it should be between 700-800 for higher mp lvls.
Also you have a little bit of room for more armor (4000 seems to be the goal for most).

Thank you for the evaluation. For some reason I was under the impression that mid 500's was enough AR, since with Gruesome Feast and Soul Harvest buffs, the AR is a lot higher. If that's where my greatest improvement potential is, I'll start there.
Reply Quote
T

Thank you for the evaluation. For some reason I was under the impression that mid 500's was enough AR, since with Gruesome Feast and Soul Harvest buffs, the AR is a lot higher. If that's where my greatest improvement potential is, I'll start there.

If high mp is your goal, you defnitely need more AR and you can also add more physical resists which combats reflect

But looking at your stats, you also need more max life. your current 38k life isn't enough to take the initial hit before your LS can fill you up again.

I think the minimum stats I would go into mp10 with is 3700+ armor, 65k+ life, 450+ AR on gear (which does not include AR gleaned from int and temp buffs to int)
Reply Quote
I do know that my life is pretty low too. I want to progress into higher MPs, no rush for mp10 atm, just looking for general improvement. I can handle mp7 pretty easily but above that is slow. Thanks again!

In general I'm pretty broke in this game. In forum world it seems 500m for a particular item could be considered "cheap" but I don't think I've ever had more than 100m at one time. Oh well, I still enjoy the game.
Reply Quote
Alrighty, I replaced the blackthorne's pants for a decent yellow pair (my profile hasn't updated 'em yet apparently).
I bought it impulsively. Was 20mil a fair price for:

~89 int
~209 vit
~45ish lightning resist
~45ish All Resist
~ +362 armor for a 718 total
~2 sockets for int gems

Gaining the AR seemed to neutralize whatever I may have lost from the LoH as I didn't notice any difference in battling Reflect mobs.
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 07:13 PMPosted by WhatsUpChuck
Alrighty, I replaced the blackthorne's pants for a decent yellow pair

Yes, it was a good price. Although I'd have stuck with a BT pants. All pants being temporary until the new item patch offers more choices.

Just my 2c.
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 07:13 PMPosted by WhatsUpChuck
I bought it impulsively

That's what I do too...then regret after buying it when I realize I massively overpaid for the items lol.
bad AH buyers...

I was running BT pants in patch 1.07...it was too good to drop when using it with acid cloud...instant life refill = life saver...then 1.08 came and CoB was doing enough damage for LS to be viable...dropped my pants and did not look back =D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]