Diablo® III

Is DH the lowest Effective dps class?

Is this true? So we know for sure DH is teh squishiest class, but I tought it was the best dps class, now some friends been telling me that on paper yes, but their effective dps is the lowest of all classes
Can someone pls confirm and explain

Ty
Reply Quote
worst eDPS compared to the rest of the classes, confirmed to death by many players. Even Wyatt Cheng, d3 developer pointed it out in most recent interview.

re-roll monk, or re-roll to another class.
Edited by Krak#1139 on 6/15/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is DH the lowest Effective dps class?

Yes.

The real questions is, do devs care?
Reply Quote
Anyone?
Reply Quote
Can someone care to explain why is that? since on paper dps and on qorld dps dh seem to be the highest
Reply Quote
Just do some research, it's all over the forums.
Reply Quote
our skills dont do nearly as much dmg as other classes... the other classes has buffs upon buffs and stacking skills for increase dmg... my wiz was doing about 6x sheet dps and monks have buffs upon buffs and i wont even go into details about barbs and wds... haha
Reply Quote
So what class has the highest possible effective dps and with what build?
Reply Quote
Barb, WD and Monk. Build differs.

WD with 0 Dogs + Passive Synergies + something you'll use to kill stuff. Firebats-Cloud

Monk - Bells

Barb-DDT or Hota.

Got Beez? Wiz + Archon >_<
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Jeff
So we know for sure DH is teh squishiest class,

not true, DH is the beastliest tank in the game. Gloom is the best defensive ability in the game, and we can spam it indefinitely. Vault is the best escape move in the game, and we can spam that too.

so yah, dh has the lowest eDPS, but lets not go overboard and make statements that are flat out false...it hurts our credibility when it comes to the real issues our class faces.
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Borat
So we know for sure DH is teh squishiest class,

not true, DH is the beastliest tank in the game. Gloom is the best defensive ability in the game, and we can spam it indefinitely. Vault is the best escape move in the game, and we can spam that too.

so yah, dh has the lowest eDPS, but lets not go overboard and make statements that are flat out false...it hurts our credibility when it comes to the real issues our class faces.

I'd still go with Teleport, Tempest Rush, Spirit Vessel or Leap for "best escape move" though.. problem with 3 of those 4 is the Cooldown though.

But no. WE ARE NOT squishy like you said :)
Reply Quote
View profile
You can read this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796452336

And from my experience Witch Doctor can stack the highest eDPS the quickest. You can stack 5x130 = 650 int and +50% additional base int (if base is 3k then you add 1.5k) so total will be 5150 int. which is +5150% weapon damage 5150/3000 = 72% additional damage.
+110% +72% = +182%
(require 6 active & 3 passive skills last 6 seconds)
without mobs you have
+110 +50% = +160%
(require 5 active & 3 passive skills last 6 seconds)
the extra active skill I recommend using Firebats : CoB

Barbarian
+24% +30% +100% +25% = +179%
(require 3 active & 1 passive skills last 5 seconds or 1 Fury Spender)
+20% +24% +30% +100% +25% = +199%
(require 4 active & 1 passive skills last 3 seconds or 1 Fury Spender)

Monk
+134%
(require 5 active & 1 passive skills last 3 seconds)
+154% if additional players are in game
(require 5 active & 2 passive skills last 3 seconds)

Wizard
+15% +20% +15% +12% +15% +20% +10% = +92%
(require 5 active & 3 passive skills last 3 seconds)
alternative
+15% +20% +15% +12% +15% +20% +75% = +157%
(require 5 active & 3 passive skills last 1 non-Signature Spell)
recommend using channeling skills or Arcane Destruction if you want to see huge numbers

All the above buffs are gear independent, you can use any weapon and get the same result

edit: scrap my last statement, you need zero dog to run wd with those buffs if you don't have mobs.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 6/15/2013 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You can read this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796452336

And from my experience Witch Doctor can stack the highest eDPS the quickest. You can stack 5x130 = 650 int and +50% additional base int (if base is 3k then you add 1.5k) so total will be 5150 int. which is +5150% weapon damage 5150/3000 = 72% additional damage.
+110% +72% = +182%
(require 6 active & 3 passive skills last 6 seconds)
without mobs you have
+110 +50% = +160%
(require 5 active & 3 passive skills last 6 seconds)
the extra active skill I recommend using Firebats : CoB

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cVYdQU!YTW!ccZYbb

Then get 0 CD Dogs.. That might yield enough eDPS for you ;)
Reply Quote
He's trolling.
Reply Quote
View profile
For what its worth, if you can run with a 0 Dog WD, then you really can pack some punch.

All hail Nyan.
Reply Quote
It is especially when people inflate their paper dps like there is no future and then QQ about their low edps.
Reply Quote
this isnt trolling, it might be an attempt (i cant speak for OPs intentions), but we can judge the final product ourselves, and this aint trolling.

the best description i can provide for this post is overreacting, or sensationalizing maybe?
Reply Quote
To the OP, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Y7iPJraV8

As a para 100 DH with 33k elite kills I'll tell you that I have recreated this experiment myself moving gears to my monk and I have about the same opinion as Tizani.

The problems come in with things like our ability to have other DPS generators on the field at once, and the large amount of skills and passive DH has to devote to survival and resource gen.

In that video:

Monk: TR + Bell/Followupwave + SW versus

DH: Spike Trap conflicting with Bola casts for a ghetto eDPS stack. (While Bola and spike feel like they stack pretty well, the fact remains that you are casting one or the other in a given second)

We could put more generators on the field like Sentry or pets are an obvious choice, but they don't use 2 out of three trifecta so a lot of our gear goes to waste on those abilities.

Then you get into things like Dex being the worst defensive secondary stat and you are devoted more to survival and less to damage.

The high sheet DPS of DH just doesn't come out in its burst skills either of which CA still hits hardest at 304% + 4x 100% grenades with a terrible fire pattern. Compare to bell at 829% +96% with a great penetrating fire pattern. They can be fired roughly for the same amount on both classes with appropriate builds when their high resource costs are taken into account.

When the DH uses the newly buffed RF, they get either 438% + 145%/second to single target, which is mostly useless for farming whites as you just can't mow down individual whites fast enough. So most RF builds are gravitating toward Bombardment at 414% which can be useful vs. white packs or elites. You still end up as a stationary tank build this way for the most part which slows down the farming and eDPS as you're not laying down any other damage while channeling. Personally I split the difference with Bola:ID for packs and RF:FS for elites and to keep myself alive off drains and because I hate the arc of Bombardment but I'm playing for comfortable not optimal.

You have to compare these kind of 'one at a time' attack patterns of the DH to things like Barb:

WW + Tornadoes + Sprint Tornadoes + 3 self damage buffs + EZ defenses and you can start to understand the low eDPS issues plaguing DH.
Reply Quote

DH is the squishiest class without the crutch that is Gloom, dex sucks as a defensive stat, itemization on DH is kinda meh for defense esp. if you prefer Nat chest for hate as I do.

With Gloom it is very defensive yes, and easier to build a defense than on a lot of classes, we don't need to get LS on weapons for instance.

Vault is so-so on higher MP.

I'd say that Perfectionist is one of the best defensive passives in the game though.

Still this is two defensives most DH are locked into, especially gloom and some classes get to put offensive in these slots.

If every DH has to take gloom, defense is part of the problem.
Reply Quote
View profile
From the types of threads he makes in the HC section, he just seems like a teen. Making threads like "what's the best class?" "what's the best weapon" etc.

btw, DH's aren't inherently squishy(no class is) unless you consider the 30% damage reduction from Barbs and Monks as a comparison to all classes.

Why? Because all of the damn stats are on items. If you consider main stat though, dex is the short end of the stick. And, due to DHs having a lower damage output, players spec squishy and glass just to squeeze the damage out.

So basically, whichever class can deal the most damage the easiest, can also be the tankiest, because they can throw on the most defensive gear and still have damage output relatively.

Cloud of Bats is ridiculous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]