Diablo® III

Is DH the lowest Effective dps class?

Why? Because all of the damn stats are on items.

Passives, actives, and who can get LS easily on a weapon without compromising serious damage stats come into play also though. (Skorn)

You make a good point but it's not as black and white as 30% reduction or not.

Using Tizani's example, if you make a TR/Bell monk without LS on Skorn it's going to suck a lot.

So the DH going to the monk gear is effectively freeing the Gloom slot for another attack and only giving up a LS slot on weapon in trade.
Reply Quote
DHs have the lowest edps but they are definitely not the squishiest class, its the only class with strong defensive skills that are resource based i.e no cooldowns, DHs can escape any situation as long as they can generate disc quickly enough to use those skills, and its really not that hard with nightstalker.

The class with the highest edps is easily the monk, they have several dps modifiers and builds like FoT/cyclone allow them to stack dmg, they also have the highest dmg modifier in the game, faith in the light can potentially *double* your dps for 3 secs. The best monks have well over 1m sheet dps (self buffed) when they hit FiTL.

You should try a monk if you like to kill things very fast, but ofc they dont have gloom, ss or vault, so you got to be prepared to die a bit more if you like this style.
Reply Quote
You should try a monk if you like to kill things very fast, but ofc they dont have gloom, ss or vault, so you got to be prepared to die a bit more if you like this style.

They have 30 percent damage reduction base, Serenity which grants them 4 sec immunity on 20 second cooldown, and TR.

Gloom is such a crutch, if you take away SP:gloom the DH falls apart completely.

As it stands though the monk will die a bit more, yes.
Edited by Otaking#1972 on 6/15/2013 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
06/15/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Otaking
Why? Because all of the damn stats are on items.

Passives, actives, and who can get LS easily on a weapon without compromising serious damage stats come into play also though. (Skorn)

You make a good point but it's not as black and white as 30% reduction or not.

Using Tizani's example, if you make a TR/Bell monk without LS on Skorn it's going to suck a lot.

So the DH going to the monk gear is effectively freeing the Gloom slot for another attack and only giving up a LS slot on weapon in trade.

Good point.

Although I don't really want to consider if someone can get a specific stat on an item(or even the gold cost for that matter), just that that stat exists on a particular item is good enough in theory here(imo). Also the 30% damage reduction continues to scale, it becomes absurd in HC, and already gets better the higher the MP because it's based from the damage you're receiving off the top.
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Otaking

They have 30 percent damage reduction base, Serenity which grants them 4 sec immunity on 20 second cooldown, and TR.

Gloom is such a crutch, if you take away SP:gloom the DH falls apart completely.

As it stands though the monk will die a bit more, yes.

30% DR isnt much when you have to be in melee range to deal dmg, try killing an RD/plague pack with less than 5% LS/600AR and you will know what I mean. Serenity, like what you said, has a 20sec cooldown, I'm sure you have been cc'd more than once in a 20s window, heck I've been chain frozen 4 times. TR and DS are useful skills but they wont help you to deal with RD/plague/etc.

I wouldnt call gloom a crutch, its just one of those OP skills that you have to take along if you want to do well on MP10, nearly all classes have something like this, it just so happens that the DH's OP skill is a defensive one.
Reply Quote
View profile
Talking about squashiness,

Wizard are the worse, they die instant, follow by monks and witch doctor, then you get barb and demon hunter on the top.

Barbs are easy to build, just stack str for armor/dmg and vit for armor/life. Get all resist on gear and done... Without weapon you can get 5-6% life steal from belt and passive.

Overall barb and monk are the only class that can max stack their CCR, but that is only 75%, and it is still pretty close to useless, except against Jailer.
Frozen = 4s x (1-0.75) = 1
Fear = 3s x (1-0.75) = .075
Reply Quote
dex is not a bad mitigation stat.

yes, its inconsistent and cant be relied upon, but when you have over 50% dodge chance thats over 50% dmg mitigation, which is really really good...i think my dh is at around 53-55% dodge.

sidenote: dh is the best townportaling class, as i can almost always get mine off even with mobs all around me.
Reply Quote
View profile
DH has by far the most effective dps of any class in the game.

Having a variety of skills to choose from, we have ZERO skills which buff our damage. But don't worry. We have shadow power to make up for this. Shadow power as it says in game "Increases combat effectiveness", which of course results in much fast kills, bringing our eDPS up.

Not satisfied still? No problem. We have a massive 125 hatred pool and an amazing 4 hatred per second. If this isn't enough, we can get 1.33 from cloak and quiver which brings us over 50% of our normal regen. Incredible! This gives us a wide variety of powerful attacks to use...oh wait that's only rapid fire...

If this isn't enough hatred, no sweat bro. We can relay on our powerful primary attacks that seem to only focus on single targets, making farming with them very effective which shows the high eDPS of the demon hunter.

Futhermore, any attacks that seem to not TICKLE monsters, have a large delay associated with the attack, which of course results in higher eDPS on the demon hunter. Anyone with a brain knows that delayed attacks makes it work faster as with a virus on a computer.

Newton, Einstein, Godel all came together and needed to figure out how to deal with these delayed attacks. As the apple fell from the tree, a spark came! We simple stand still as demon hunters, let monster come to our face, so that delayed attacks will hit our monsters! *clap clap* But wait, aren't we a ranged class? YOU SAW NOTHING.

As you can clearly see, we have by far the highest eDPS of any class on the game. If you still have doubts about this, come see your local Nyan in game!

ニャン
Reply Quote
DH is basically a glass tank these days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]